Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can join if I need too!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I was battling in cl and got into a battle on accident. I fled and then got a quest telling me to defeat those guys. I went back and the same people in the battle I was in that I had fled from were in it. So I joined them. Well all of a sudden I start getting yelled at cause I fled and joined a battle. I told them I had just gotten the quest and I needed help so I joined them. Well they weren't the "understanding" type. They yelled at me about asking before I joined. Well I am a legendary and they were talking like I was some lower level that couldn't help at all. They said I HAVE to ask before I come in. So the fight went on until the battle was over. Right after that both of the guys reported me and when I went to battle next time, both fled, then came back with full life and said they had gotten a "New quest for it" and let me die when I needed healing. The nerve of some people...

James Skull Wielder
Legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
I've been drawn in more than once and most are understanding. It's happened to all of us. I do try to escape if there's time, and I try to contribute as best I can. I've also been asked to join a fight and then directed like a minion. We were victorious but I doubt I'll answer such a summoning again. What goes around comes around. Do your best and none that count can fault you. Play on!

Explorer
May 20, 2010
You got sucked in ... it happens --- but you should have stayed to fight even if you didnt have the quest for it yet. People are a lot more understanding when you help instead of fleeing. Not only that, fleeing costs you mana ... and its a pain in the neck to replenish in Celestia sometimes.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
I sympathise with you totally. I've been trying to push my way through Celestia for a few weeks now but the general attitude of the higher level players is making it no fun. One of the things I originally liked about Wizard 101 was how easy it was to cooperate in tough areas but now the most impossible battles are the ones where you are least likely to get any help. I usually play with my kids but there is no way they'll be able to cope with how mean Celestia is. I'm beginning to think the game has run its course as a family friendly environment.

Maybe we could have a server dedicated to people who don't feel the need to throw their weight around or at least are restricted to menu chat. do KI ever actually check what's being said in-game or is all that stuff about keeping things friendly a marketing ploy?

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
First of all, what level are you, because if you are under 48, then NICE JOB GUYS!. Now, if your over 48, you can be in cl, yes, there mean......

Delver
May 26, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
First of all, what level are you, because if you are under 48, then NICE JOB GUYS!. Now, if your over 48, you can be in cl, yes, there mean......

They said that they were Legendary.

Responding to the original poster, I believe that nobody should be that mean, whether you're level 20 or level 60.

Explorer
May 20, 2010

You actually HAVE to be at least the REQUIRED level for Celestia to be able to get quests now (they updated it in one of the recent updates). Also, the poster said Well I am a legendary and they were talking like I was some lower level that couldn't help at all. ... that means they have to be 60.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
WOW!!!!

You got sucked into a battle...no one worth knowing would give you any grief.

You FLED???? Huh???? Why would you do that to the people you barged in on? If you get sucked in, the only way a mature and considerate player leaves is dead or victorious...there is never a good reason, and I repeat NEVER...to bring in an extra foe and flee. It is an inconsiderate thing to do, and unforgivable. Just stay and help.

So what if you don't need them....especially in CL....you gear decks set up to efficently take out your foes, and sometimes it becomes a stretch if some joker brings in a tough foe and then, just for their jollies, leaves.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
kinsella82 wrote:

You actually HAVE to be at least the REQUIRED level for Celestia to be able to get quests now (they updated it in one of the recent updates). Also, the poster said Well I am a legendary and they were talking like I was some lower level that couldn't help at all. ... that means they have to be 60.

Im talking about ppl who port when they shouldnt....

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
kinsella82 wrote:
You got sucked in ... it happens --- but you should have stayed to fight even if you didnt have the quest for it yet. People are a lot more understanding when you help instead of fleeing. Not only that, fleeing costs you mana ... and its a pain in the neck to replenish in Celestia sometimes.

Couldn't agree more. I would rather someone stay and try to help than to draw ANOTHER enemy in, then FLEE. If they come back, great, but DONT SAY "i'm only here because i have this quest now". LOL! Sounds a little less selfish if you go back and say, "I came to help", regardless of whether you had the quest now or not.
It doesnt sound like they were mad because you got sucked in, they were mad because you fled and came back kind of like "I'm not helping you, bye. Oh wait, I'm not back to help you, but *I* need these guys now. (My quests are more important.)" Just saying.

Besides, if they were bad talking you after you came back, it's beyond me why you wouldn't have changed realms.....

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
kinsella82 wrote:

Im a legend!

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
I don't mean to be rude.... well actually maybe I do, but just a little bit. Because it was rude of you to join a battle, leave and then come back expecting help when it became your quest. The least you could have done was apologize. CL is no easy place and it is extremely annoying when someone runs into your battle, drags another guy in, and then leaves you to fight three people on your own. True they did not handle it the best but neither did you, legendary or not you don't have the right to trouble someone else and then leave them to deal with it. The only way you should ever leave a battle in which you're fighting with others is dead or victorious (like some person said before this, it is the only honorable thing to do as a legendary wizard) As higher leveled wizards we have developed a sense of pride and dignity that most of us enjoy having. Some of that pride and dignity is based on being able to overcome evil without running from it and fighting until the very end. Mana or not, low health or not you stay and fight until the end. True again two wrongs don't make a right but don't make a wrong in the first place and they will have nothing to respond to agressively. You're not the only player in this game, offer help when needed, help when asked and kick the bad guys butts back to where they came from :)

Just ignore the rude players and try your best not to be rude, that means no fleeing, dragged or not.

Aaron FireStone lvl 58 pyromancer

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
WOW!!!!

You got sucked into a battle...no one worth knowing would give you any grief.

You FLED???? Huh???? Why would you do that to the people you barged in on? If you get sucked in, the only way a mature and considerate player leaves is dead or victorious...there is never a good reason, and I repeat NEVER...to bring in an extra foe and flee. It is an inconsiderate thing to do, and unforgivable. Just stay and help.

So what if you don't need them....especially in CL....you gear decks set up to efficently take out your foes, and sometimes it becomes a stretch if some joker brings in a tough foe and then, just for their jollies, leaves.

People are sometimes in a hurry and do not have time to deal with extra battles at times.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
ajsvid wrote:
kinsella82 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. I would rather someone stay and try to help than to draw ANOTHER enemy in, then FLEE. If they come back, great, but DONT SAY "i'm only here because i have this quest now". LOL! Sounds a little less selfish if you go back and say, "I came to help", regardless of whether you had the quest now or not.
It doesnt sound like they were mad because you got sucked in, they were mad because you fled and came back kind of like "I'm not helping you, bye. Oh wait, I'm not back to help you, but *I* need these guys now. (My quests are more important.)" Just saying.

Besides, if they were bad talking you after you came back, it's beyond me why you wouldn't have changed realms.....

I was in battle when they started bad talking me and I did not say "I am gonna join cause I have this quest now." And one more thing, I didn't drag anyone in I fled just in time.