Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

World "Jumping"

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
I have noticed since Celestia was released that with all the super high exp quests and fights some wizards are kinda jumping the gun (or entire worlds in this case.) Where I used to see magus and master level wizards there asking me to take them into the Chancel I would generally just say " your very close to getting here, keep on trucking and finish those quests man!"

This I was basically ok with having happen every now and then. but more recently i am having this come up: I literally had today two fire NOVICE wizards (levels 1 and 2!!!) ask me to take them through the chancel! what am I supposed to say to them? Give them my little pep talk? Even more........unsensible is the word I am going to use here, is they called me a noob and brought their legendary wizards in to try and impress me or something (not really sure what it was supposed to prove.) So what if you have a legendary wizard? So what if you have beaten the game once,twice,3-6 times. Does that really give you the right to take a shortcut? I have my Ice wizard at legendary and am currently working on my life and death wizards at this point. Not ONE TIME have i gone to a place the character couldnt access on its own. That's just plain not right. It's pracically taking the fun out of playing the game the game and having the persistance needed to complete the game the RIGHT WAY. I am NOT and I repeat NOT trying to dictate how people need to play Wizard101 AT ALL, but a simple thought process needs to be established here.

The first time we play Wizard101 we dont know anything about anything but the commons and the headmasters office. We dont know anything about other areas until we are told to do something in that area and we generally UNLOCK IT by doing storyline quests. So, lets jump ahead in time now. you have beaten foulgaze and discovered nightside (the storyline quests that have headmaster ambrose summon you to give you the spiral key to unlock Krokotopia.) now that you have the Spiral Key for Krokotopia you can venture and quest there, because you LEARNED about it and unlocked the area because you followed the games storyline. Before you do said quests you have no knowledge of Krokotopia,Marleybone,Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Grizzlehiem and Celestia. Sure, friends can tell you but that doesnt tell you where it is at or how to get there.

I would like to think of it as visiting a new place in your real life. You have not been there before ever and you dont know how to get there. But once you visit it a few times you know the location and learn the surroundings you can travel there with ease. Same principal should be applied to Wizard101. If you haven't unlocked the area how would you know how to get there? Same rule applies for instances, if your character has not unlocked the instance, (being having a reason to go into the area) why would you feel compelled to enter it in the first place? This just isnt adding up. I can understand being curious about getting to new areas and all trust me. I want my life wizard out of mooshu badly haha, but I absolutely REFUSE to jump there because there is no place to go. Dragonspyre was accurate with having to have done the storyline quests for mooshu to unlock even the first area in it. So if you go straight to Dragonspyre the farthest place you can go without using another person is The Basilica.

Celestia on the other hand has instances all over the place in just the starting area Celestia Base Camp. 3 instances people can beg legends and grandmasters to take them into, where we kinda have a relentless barrage of newbies (or veteran players trying to cut corners) to take them to places they have not yet earned the right to explore to begin with. And I can safely say this is a problem because MY IGNORE LIST IS ACTUALLY FULL!!!! You herd me, full ignore list. 99% of that ignore list is those newbies or corner-cutting veterans(i wont use the word "Cheating" here because it isn't a completely accurate use.) who are trying to cheat (now i'll use it) themselves out of the Wizard101 experience. Because in reality is being able to skip a full SIX WORLDS (this is including grizzleheim) a very worthwhile use of a players time? Obvious answer: no.

My general opinon is this: If your that bored of wizard101 that you have to cut corners to achieve your goals on this game, maybe its time you took a look at other MMO's? The way I see it the people who have to cut corners in this game are clearly getting tired of the same casing spells making and recreating decks etc., so why torture yourself?

I am Always Happy to elaborate my opinons to those who do not understand fully. Do NOT Start attacking me because you dislike my opinons. That is down right rude and disrespectful and it makes you look like well.....a little kid dare I say? I Am here to bring up a completely valid point and in my opinion huge error to Wizard101 and hope For this issue to be looked at.

Ryan Frostshard- Legend of the Ice Arts

Please post replies in Halstons Lab section of the message boards, as this is where this message was meant to end up. (smart guy i am for not noticing it earlier )

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
colagada wrote:
Don't tell us what to do and not do. That's disrespectful.

If you read my message fully, you would have read the part that says and I quote, "I am NOT i repeat NOT trying to dictate how people should play Wizard101."

If your not willing to read what I have to say FULLY then please do not respond. :-(

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
this is actually good informational post for kingisland but i suggest adding a few tweaks because i've seem some 53's done with the entire game. so maybe only level 50s and up allowed to the chancel. i have a friend named Dylan rainbowleaf he is a level 50 still in marleybone?!? which is pretty awkward and i dont like seeing all these noobs come and barrage me everytime i go to celestia and say TAKE ME TO THE CHANCEL. so i look forward seeing an change to these World "Jumpers"

Kevin moonstaff, Lord of the dragons (pyromancer level 56)
Jack deathstrider,commander of wraiths (level 50 necromancer)

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
I agree with this change with World "Jumpers". A couple days ago, I was looking for someone to help me farm Astraeus and a level 14 volenteers (I know I spelled that wrong) himself to help. I try to explain to him as nicely as possible that Astraeus is a very difficult boss, and no offense intended, but a level fourteen isn't going to be much help against him. He claimed that his other wizard was a legendary. I said look, buddy, I don't really care if your other wizard is a grandmaster or legendary. All I'm saying is that this current wizard isn't going to be much help against him. He keeps bugging me, saying "come on, i've beat him before." Yea, right. Eventually, I just say, OK, OK, we can go farm him. I quickly solve the puzzles, then get to astraeus. He ports and we start the battle. I flee after three rounds. By the strategy he used, I'm willing to bet that he was lying about having a legendary.

Alex Dragonbreaker Legendary Storm

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i would like to see it become impossible to gain xp if you havent completes the quest line in the story line.
that way it does not matter if you world jump you will never level up.
you would never acquire new spells.
i think you should be required to get something and turn it in to the teacher to get your next spell.

i worked to be a legendary wizard and find it distasteful that people are not willing to play the game as it was designed.

please do not ask me to help you cheat in the game in order to gain levels you are only hurting your self.

a perturbed Pyromancer

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Wow you bring up a very valid point. You were also good at stating your point with out insulting people. I liked how you were able to avoid using the word "noob". I read this and agreed completly! i am a legendary and people always beg to go to dungeons that are out of there league. There main exscuse is "Well i have legendary and have done it before lots of times". That exscuse has gotten on my nerves. I think level caps is a fantastic idea for wizard101. I hope they will read and finally agree with us.

legendary necromancer, james

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
I completely agree with you on this.

I have a few legendary wizards now, and the rest are master+ and I got there only by doing the work I unlocked. Not to mention I get bombarded by my noob friends who are lazy and just want power without working for it for me to take them through the chancel.

sorry but I worked hard for my legendary's, so I'm not going to help you cheat. You want something, earn it yourself.

Chancel cheating is practically stealing. Anyone who would ask a more experienced wizard to take them through it is just lazy.

I've never cheated or cut corners, so why would I help you do it?

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
hobi wrote:
i would like to see it become impossible to gain xp if you havent completes the quest line in the story line.
that way it does not matter if you world jump you will never level up.
you would never acquire new spells.
i think you should be required to get something and turn it in to the teacher to get your next spell.

i worked to be a legendary wizard and find it distasteful that people are not willing to play the game as it was designed.

please do not ask me to help you cheat in the game in order to gain levels you are only hurting your self.

a perturbed Pyromancer

excellent idea! make it so that you will not recieve any experience for anything you have not quested up to! That way when you do your quests you get the experience for doing it then, and you can now receive experience for it if you want to go back and do it again (or to help a friend). This would be perfect, and will have no downside to the game as it was meant to be played. The only thing it would hurt is the cheaters, who shouldn't be playing in the first place.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I do agree with the OP.

I have 5 wizards. One is slugging along in MB. Three have finished Celestia, and one is in the Science Center. I have had many people ask for help in an instance area. If they cannot access the area, I refuse to help. Of course to them I am a noob for not approving of power leveling. To me, power leveling takes away the challenge of the game.
In my opinion, people that power level their way through the game have a hard time soloing at the higher levels because they never had to use strategy to defeat a boss.

One of my friends power leveled and was level 40 in Krok. When he bragged about it, I simply asked if he liked being the only High School Senior in 1st grade. He never mentioned that to me again.

Because of the high number of low levels in Celestia, I have made it a habit to try and peek at someone's stats before helping them. And the low levels that join my battles are often left facing three enemies by themselves. This happens a lot in the grotto and in the survey camp. This problem has taken some of the enjoyment out of the game.

On the flip side...Higher Levels helping at a low level.
I do appreciate my many higher level friends helping my lower level wizards. Although I appreciate the help, many times I end up not doing anything but casting a blade or a trap. To me that ruins the challenge, especially if i am learning a new school. Many times, when i help a friend who is working on a lower level wizard , I just work support...healing, boosting, or just taking the hits.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
I agree with the OP. I won't help anybody reach a world or area that they haven't earned by completing quests.