Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Oh look, more complainers

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 30, 2010
The thing is guys, no matter how much pvp is changed it will NEVER be totally fair, becasue people will complain about losing and will point out ALL the weakneses of their school and all the POWERS of the other schools. Okay the schools are balanced, I admit the gear isn't and the match ups in pvp aren't fair, but there's nothing KI can do. Changing wild bolt was a dumb idea, no offense KI but it was (btw i have no storm wizards) KI changed wild bolt because of PvP and that's a bad reason to change a spell, Pvp is only the life of some people, you know there are some of us wizards who still go on quests and would really appreciate it if you stopped making spells weaker, and it really stinks when a villian gets 4 stun shields cause of pvp.
My personal opinion is that KI should change things back to normal and let Wizards figure it out for themselves, and not listen to the millions of complaints about overpowered SCHOOLS, its fine to complain about overpowered gear in pvp (long as its not pvp gear) In all truth storm is overpowered, its their strength. They do have very low health and I have probably lost to a storm wizard only twice or three times in pvp. Balance, i don't like judgment but when you pvp you have to be ready for it, use treasure cards if you need to. Ice, okay their gear is really strong but shield up, blade up and unleash some powerful spells, I know some schools have spells so strong they can wipe out a shield and still do about 1000+ damage. It's not fair to KI that everyone complains so much and complains even more when they try to fix it. My message to KingsIsle, just stop trying to fix pvp, turn things back and let people find their own way

Aaron FireStone lvl 58 pyromancer

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
RedWolff wrote:
The thing is guys, no matter how much pvp is changed it will NEVER be totally fair, becasue people will complain about losing and will point out ALL the weakneses of their school and all the POWERS of the other schools. Okay the schools are balanced, I admit the gear isn't and the match ups in pvp aren't fair, but there's nothing KI can do. Changing wild bolt was a dumb idea, no offense KI but it was (btw i have no storm wizards) KI changed wild bolt because of PvP and that's a bad reason to change a spell, Pvp is only the life of some people, you know there are some of us wizards who still go on quests and would really appreciate it if you stopped making spells weaker, and it really stinks when a villian gets 4 stun shields cause of pvp.
My personal opinion is that KI should change things back to normal and let Wizards figure it out for themselves, and not listen to the millions of complaints about overpowered SCHOOLS, its fine to complain about overpowered gear in pvp (long as its not pvp gear) In all truth storm is overpowered, its their strength. They do have very low health and I have probably lost to a storm wizard only twice or three times in pvp. Balance, i don't like judgment but when you pvp you have to be ready for it, use treasure cards if you need to. Ice, okay their gear is really strong but shield up, blade up and unleash some powerful spells, I know some schools have spells so strong they can wipe out a shield and still do about 1000+ damage. It's not fair to KI that everyone complains so much and complains even more when they try to fix it. My message to KingsIsle, just stop trying to fix pvp, turn things back and let people find their own way

How is it fair? I just died more then i won so HOW IS IT FAIR?

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
RedWolff wrote:

Here, here. Well said, Aaron.

Rowan Earthsong, Veteran
Scarlet Ravensong, Veteran

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
RedWolff wrote:

Rowan Earthsong, Veteran

Ok First off, Ice is way over powered in pvp, AND ALL YOU SEE IS ICE NOW, its hard to stay alive and kill them, Also critical ruined pvp sooooo much, so many people get mad and agree with millions of others, i agree with you but some changes are necessary in pvp just like critical.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
woot000 wrote:
How is it fair? I just died more then i won so HOW IS IT FAIR?

Hmm... let's see now. If you always win, someone else will always lose.
It's fair because you are not the only person in the world.
It's fair because you happened to go up against someone with a better plan.
Of course you're going to lose sometimes. It's how you LEARN.
If you don't learn, you're going to get worse and worse over time.

If you wish to be lame at pvp, have nothing going for you, and totally lose at any battle that needs a speck of planning... try not to learn anything when you lose.

Keep your spells the same, don't change anything, and please act as though it's some crime for someone else to have a turn to win.

Only then, young jedi, will you fail in an epic way. Come to the dark side...

Destiny Dragoncoin level 57 Balance/Ice/Fire/Thunder Snake

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I agree, all complainers want is to win, win, win and get to warlord in less than an hour. They cant think of a strategy so they go and whine to KI about it. What complainer DONT UNDERSTAND is that everyone loses sometime, people win and lose, like me. I barely pvp anymore and when I used to I couldnt get past veteran. I would always fall down as far as corporal or private.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
I know one way to end all the conplaints and bring peace to us all. What needs to be done is to change the level up system so that even if you lose, you get sone points. Many games use this as there level up system. People complain because the want to get to warlord or some other rank, but cant get there because of the unbalance of the schools. People get into the low 200's and 100's. If everyone gets points, everyone's happy. People wont care if they get matched up with someone who is a higher level because they can still rank up. Problem solved.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
danielv105 wrote:
I know one way to end all the conplaints and bring peace to us all. What needs to be done is to change the level up system so that even if you lose, you get sone points. Many games use this as there level up system. People complain because the want to get to warlord or some other rank, but cant get there because of the unbalance of the schools. People get into the low 200's and 100's. If everyone gets points, everyone's happy. People wont care if they get matched up with someone who is a higher level because they can still rank up. Problem solved.

Well you see that this will cause just as many problems as it will solutions. If you always get points pvp is no longer a game of skill and you just need percistancy to level up in rank, not actual strategy. It won't be fair to the players who have developed a strategy and are doing well with it. It just won't work, wether you gain a lot of points for losing or only a few. A way maybe to end the complaints about points being gained is to not lose so many, which some poeple don't depending on who they're matched up against.
I just see this idea causing many problems, actually i see every idea causing many problems so i don't mean offense in anyway
Aaron FireStone Veteran

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Why is it that low level but high ranking lose more points in they lose but win so little if they win? I mean really not kinda fair.javascript:emoticon('');

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
negji wrote:
Why is it that low level but high ranking lose more points in they lose but win so little if they win? I mean really not kinda fair.javascript:emoticon('');

That's what happens when everyone gets to a higher rank, doesn't matter your level.

Defender
May 17, 2009
dcurry7 wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
RedWolff wrote:

Rowan Earthsong, Veteran

Ok First off, Ice is way over powered in pvp, AND ALL YOU SEE IS ICE NOW, its hard to stay alive and kill them, Also critical ruined pvp sooooo much, so many people get mad and agree with millions of others, i agree with you but some changes are necessary in pvp just like critical.

Look, if you agree with him you hate yourself. You just complained on the message boards about something being overpowered in PvP, so if you agree with this guy you must not like yourself that much.