Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spritely

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Hey i was wondering how i can get spritely as my pet talent
I have death minotaur now and i want it to cast spritely

I hatched it with my archenfiend with death minotaur(with spritely) and i thought i would get spritely by anceint but no

How can i get spritely????

TY blaze D

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
You must hatch with a pet that has spritely talent on it. (All fierce hounds that are not hatched and can hatch will have it).

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
Steve365 wrote:

I hatched it with my archenfiend with death minotaur(with spritely) and i thought i would get spritely by anceint but no

TY blaze D
Buy a w101 gift card from Gamestop.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
Its the talent to have. I think its better than any of the others. The fierce hound I purchased has it. I hatched four ofmy other pets with him and the talent has not appeared in any of them. Now several megapacks later Im wondering if spritely has not appeared by adult, is it going to?

Is there a certain age spritely will appear of its going to or is it completely random at any level for any pet?

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Has anybody hatched with a Fierce hound and gotten Spritely in the new pet? - Anybody?

I hatched my epic fierce hound 57(22) and my epic hydra 52(20) and got a fierce hound 50. I just leveled it up to epic 50(21) and got

(3) Pip O' plenty +4% power pips
(3) Health gift +116 max health
(3) Deathtrap - may cast death ward
(2) Balance it +6% balance accuracy

(3) Musical lane
(2) Big check
(3) Supercharge
(2) Charge up

No Spritely, I was hoping to either get a Hydra with Spritely or a Fierce hound without Deathtrap.

The pip o plenty is the same as the parent fierce hound but the health gift and balance it are higher than the hydra.

Has anybody tried Fierce hound and Water dragon?

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
To answer my own question, I just tried hatching a fierce hound and a sea dragon, both epic and both with Spritely. I got another fierce hound with a 65 pedigree, but still no Spritely.

So I would say that Spritely is not easy to pass on to another generation. Maybe after I get more crowns for snack packs, I'll try again.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Spritely is not absolute to transfer over, and even if it does transfer, it's not absolutely going to unlock. while on paper it may look like a 40% chance it isn't even that. My suggestion is to hatch your Death minotaur with a Sea Dragon that has it unlocked. Likely you will end up with a Higher pedigree and a better chance of it carrying over.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
I hatched a helephant and a sea dragon together (both were adult, sea dragon did NOT have spritely as a manifested talent) and got the following:

helephant with -

pip o plenty
spritely
may cast fireblade
shield (general shield against all schools)

Original helephant had pip-o-plenty and fireblade as manifested talents, but the sea dragon did not have the shield or spritely as manifested talents.

I also hatched an ianthine spectre with the same sea dragon and got another spectre that manifested spritely.

When a pet learns spritely appears to be totally random. I've had it manifest at all ages, including teen.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
nhodgson wrote:
Steve365 wrote:

TY blaze D
Buy a w101 gift card from Gamestop.

AHHH... you have to get the giftcard, and THEN train the hound up to adult (hopefully w/ spritley) then hatch on the single sigil and choose death minotaur and fierce hound. then train him and he'll hopefully get spritely.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
You do not have to buy a pet for the purpose of getting spritely. All Celestia pets have spritely in their genome. You will also get a death pet free (jellyfish) through a quest in Celestia. I would say just wait until you get that jellyfish and then hatch it with the Death Minotaur until you get what you want. It can be a long expensive process though.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
Gelwyn wrote:
You do not have to buy a pet for the purpose of getting spritely. All Celestia pets have spritely in their genome. You will also get a death pet free (jellyfish) through a quest in Celestia. I would say just wait until you get that jellyfish and then hatch it with the Death Minotaur until you get what you want. It can be a long expensive process though.

I purchased a sea dragon and leveled up to epic; it did not manifest spritely.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
All Celestia pets have the possibility of getting spritely. However, the 4 talents that manifest out of the possible 10 are random and there is no guarantee that spritely will manifest.

That's why I only train my pets to adult for the purposes of hatching. While I would have a higher chance of getting specific talents if both pets were trained to epic, I also run the risk of training a pet to epic and that pet having lousy talents (making it worthless for breeding purposes).

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Gelwyn wrote:

Do all jellyfish get spritely? I got a jellyfish at teen and wondering if i should keep lvling it up or if i shouldnt waste my time. Plus i dont want to spend $40 just to get the fierce hound with spritely. Someone please answer this. :)

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
Garrett15141 wrote:
Gelwyn wrote:

Do all jellyfish get spritely? I got a jellyfish at teen and wondering if i should keep lvling it up or if i shouldnt waste my time. Plus i dont want to spend $40 just to get the fierce hound with spritely. Someone please answer this. :)

Spritely can manifest at any age. You have as much chance of it manifesting at teen as you do at epic. Yes, jellyfish can manifest spritely. All of the Celestia pets can manifest spritely.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
I have sucessfully gotten spritely from 3 fierce hounds i own. one i hatched on my storm with stormzilla. the other 2 with friends they got it. You will get spritely at teen so if you dont get at that point stop! Hope this helps

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
I got sea turtle from the crown shop and trained it to adult and it didnt get spritely. I also got like 5 spiny fish from the boss at stormriven and trained them to adult and none of them got spritely.

Is there any way to get spritely forsure

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
I have a question. I bought 2 sea turtles from the crown shop and trained them both to adult and they did not get spritely!!!
Am i doing somthing wrong???

Anybody got any tip for me?

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Before I fork up $40 on the Epic Card - am I guaranteed to get a Fierce Hound with spritely? Does anyone know?

Cause I really don't care about the castle, mount or gear... I just want a spritely Fierce Hound.

Thanks!

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 49 death
Lenora LionHeart lvl 41 myth
Nora SeaStone lvl 17 storm

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
ellielee wrote:
Before I fork up $40 on the Epic Card - am I guaranteed to get a Fierce Hound with spritely? Does anyone know?

Cause I really don't care about the castle, mount or gear... I just want a spritely Fierce Hound.

Thanks!

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 49 death
Lenora LionHeart lvl 41 myth
Nora SeaStone lvl 17 storm

Your spending $40 for a pet...

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
Garrett15141 wrote:

My fierce hound got spritely at teen, my jellyfish got it at adult.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
If you just want the pet im not sure its worth it. But a cl pet from the pet vendor instead. Its a random chance even with the fierce hound. If you dont have crowns buy the starfish from cl pet vendor for gold (a lot maybe 20,000 rounded) . You should probably train your pets past teen too. One of my friends got spritley at adult, i got mine at teen and ancient on another. Im sure theres someone who got it at epic Anyway its random so good luck :)

btw, did any of you notice that the snack pack was really on sale??
they took off 250 crowns! (not much of a sale but its still a sale?)

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
A friend did suggest hatching with his spritely fierce hound before getting the epic card... and I have picked a couple of my highest pedigree adults - a (non-spritely) jellyfish and an aqua dragon - so we'll see...

On a side note, seems odd to me that my epic hydra, ancient leviathan and adult jade oni have lower pedigrees than some of the giftcard pets.

Anyway - yes I have been taking advantage of the mega snack pack sale. If I save myself $40, that'll go a long way on mega snacks!

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Success! :P

My friend's fierce hound
and my aqua dragon with a blade(pedigree 57)
gave me a spritely aqua dragon with a blade (pedigree 64)

Although I originally wanted a hound, I am soooooo happy with my dragon! I am using him to experiment and try hatching with my other pets... so far no one else has manifested spritely. But I usually stop training if they are not spritely by adulthood.

Glad I didn't get the epic card...

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Hi people i got my sea dragon is there any way of getting the sprite like for example train mostly agility or power ... ect i really hope there is