Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mutate Storm Cat Card Bugged

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
Hi there I have gotten a mutate fire cat into storm ctat but it seems bugged...can I not use the mutate card on a firecat treasure card? cause I have tried it will not work. I was wondering if perhaps it can only be used if you are a pyromancer and have that card in your main deck not treasure card section.

Survivor
May 24, 2008
wayubb wrote:
Hi there I have gotten a mutate fire cat into storm ctat but it seems bugged...can I not use the mutate card on a firecat treasure card? cause I have tried it will not work. I was wondering if perhaps it can only be used if you are a pyromancer and have that card in your main deck not treasure card section.

You answered your own question. You cannot use a mutate card for other treasure cards, only spell cards already in your deck.

Because I tend to get these for schools I don't have (I'm Life and Myth; I seem to get a lot of storm/fire/ice mutate cards), I donate them to my friends who are from those schools.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I believe the reason for not being able to mutate treasure cards is so no one can "exploit" it. Treasure cards are a bit more powerful than regular spell cards.

Same goes for "creating" treasure cards. If you were able to create treasure cards from existing treasure cards, one could "stack" boosts until treasure cards would "break the game," as in, firing off a Tempest Spell with 100% accuracy for 1,000 damage per pip.

I had actually tried that already lol... so thats how I learned about it.