Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm or death

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I wanted to know witch school is better out of death and storm because I want to make a new wizard and i only have room on my acount for one more wizard

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Adherent
May 20, 2010
They're different.

If you want all-out power and don't mind the risk of being defeated due to low maximum health or the annoyance of only a 70% base success rate with spells, then Storm is for you. Storm plays well in groups, especially with a Life wizard along.

If you like to be able to heal yourself a bit, along with decent power, then go with Death. Death plays reasonably well as a solo.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
or you can get the best of them both by making a death wizard your main and a storm wizard your secondary or you can do what I did and make a storm/life combo, Tons of people blow off the secondary schools but they actually do come in handy

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
everyone resist storm in pvp, while storm has low health and dies quickly in pvp ... storm is now about the worst character in pvp cause they have severely nerfed it in comparison to the other schools who now do high damage while having high health and high resists

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
Note: I am a death wizard but that does not effect my answer becuase i have a storm wizard too.

I would have to say that a death wizard is better due to its strong healing effects and health. This is helpful when fighting alone in battles or in a PVP battle. Storm does indead have high damage but its got low health and resist.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Note that Death has only one attack-on-everyone, Scarecrow, and you can't use it with any of the Celestia Sun School damage-boosting spells. Only the accuracy-boosting spells can be used. This gets a bit annoying at the end of Celestia. So you are stuck using a spell that's base is 400 damage per. Yes Death gets a wicked damage-over-time spell at level 58 but when playing with others, its considered rude not to use your DOT when there are four monsters to kill, so you are stuck with the only one you have.

There are some countermeasures, everybody has their own. I enchant Scarecrow with accuracy-boosting treasure cards and try to keep three in the side board. I grow the Sickle plant to get Death Blade Treasure card. And I use crafting to make the Feint Treasure card, it stacks on regular Feint, makes for some wicked hits, especially against a Boss and use with the blue Wraith card. I see many Death still running around with their Level 48 Wraith instead of the Jellyfish pet, and in my case I like that blue Wraith card for 'special occasions', and I trained the pet to Epic.

The Critical system introduced with Celestia makes using the Death spells Sacrifice and Empower pretty hard to use.

At the beginning of Wizard101 using Ghoul can make for some pretty lame hits, you really need to work the Death Blade and Death Trap.

Death really rocks from the moment you get Vampire to about Stormriven in Celestia, and that's a lot of game to cover there. Just make sure you always max out on Death Blades, and keep the other spells to a minimum. Fighting Malistaire can be pretty rough if you can't get a Death Prism to show up, buy some treasure card versions at the Bazaar, or go with Storm and you take the first slot while the Storm dishes out the damage.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
Hmm.. I would say Death is your right school. Why? Death attacks and heals. Say this, :

You are in a battle with... Um.. A Ghoul in Trition Avenue, which has 150 Health, while you have, say, 740/820 Health? You got two pips, and you see your spell Ghoul. You use it, it does 160 damage to the Ghoul, and gives you half of it to yourself ( 80 HP ).

So, go for Death! Also, I think Fire or Storm should be your secondary school ( I think Fire should be yours ).

John Thundercaster ~ Fire, Life, and Ice

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
death would be a really good school cause the spells fizzle less. storm had good attacks, sure, but what with recent changes to wild bolt and the fact that storm seems to fizzle the most, death would be pretty good. maybe storm could be your secondary.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
I am a Magus Storm wizard at level 36 exactly and I am in MooShu. I don't have a Death Wizard but I do know a LOT of their powers. I fight with a lot of people including life. Storm can REALLY get on my nerves due to the 70% rate of not fizzling and lowest health, BUT it can be helpful. You can take out opponents quicker and more faster than most wizards and if you have a LIFE WIZARD alongside you you are totally UNSTOPPABLE. I have a life wizard friend and she helps me with everything! I literally mean everything! I am unstoppable with her helping me. People always call on me to help them because I get the job done quickly.

I'm not saying Death is a bad school. In fact it totally rocks being able to heal while attacking but with less power and only half the energy is yours and you can't really help friends with it. That's the thing! It's your choice ya know! Storm was my first school and I know that this wasn't one of your choices but I prefer life or storm. They both rock. I'll even make a Death School but I believe you should choose storm. You should try it. It's fun and has the most amazing and powerful attacks even though your health is a little weaker! Choose Storm.(If you want lol!)