Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting Pulled In.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2010
I have definitely had it with Marley Bone and the way you ALWAYS get pulled in! I mean, I had to talk to someone in Hyde Park, but I couldn't get to the person because there are hooligans, spiders, O'leary burglars EVERYWHERE and there is NO sidewalk or anything!! It's so annoying! I can't tell you how many times I needed those red health bubbles and tried to get them but I got pulled in and then I get defeated! They NEED to change this! Whose with me?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I had very little problem with that.

The key is patience. If you stand at the edge, they won't pull you in. Wait until the coast is clear before moving on. Sometimes you have to stand there for a while before you have a clear path; other times you have clear sailing for a long ways.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
i agree it is very anoying and when u are in a dungon it is worse but he is right you have to wait or fight it is your chosing

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
i have a broom so i go fast and i had experience with getting pulled in :? ........ and i still do get pulled in but still all you have to do is have good timing and watch out for those monsters 8)

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I agree and I'm just going to get all six of my characters to Marleybone and stop playing. There is NO safe way through Hyde Park. Good thing four of my characters don't have access to MB yet.

So disappointing, KingsIsle. How does ANYONE get to Mooshu? Seriously...

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Marleybone was soooo horrible for me that my first wizard (myth) got left there. My second wizard (balance) passed her and went on to be legendary before I went back for her. I enjoyed the last three towers just fine - just hated the rooftops!

But somehow, my third wizard (death) is moving along well and solo too. I've been able to do 1 street/ section a night. I think that some schools just do better than others with their spells.

Regarding being pulled - I still get into these mob fights but not as nearly often as I did before. What works for me is "walking" behind the mob guys. I follow them and stay just a step behind. I don't know if it has made a difference that I have a wing mount now, and before I just walked - but really, being patient has paid off tremendously. It's way better than trying to rush by or across and getting pulled.

I'm actually enjoying MB this third time around. :-)

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Lenora LionHeart lvl 37 myth
Ellie NighWeaver lvl 30 death
Lenora DrakeMancer lvl 19 fire

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
I agree Marleybone is annoying I do not enjoy Hyde park because I am constantly pulled in! But the key is patience stick to the side of the roof and hope for the best.If you need help in any in the world of Marleybone and before please state the time (example 5:00p.m EST)date(example January 12 2011)Relam(example Lincin)Place(example Life Tower)I hope they allow this post thank you for reading.

Your Friend,
Fiona FairyBreath
Lvl 26 Fire

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
enarocks wrote:
I have definitely had it with Marley Bone and the way you ALWAYS get pulled in! I mean, I had to talk to someone in Hyde Park, but I couldn't get to the person because there are hooligans, spiders, O'leary burglars EVERYWHERE and there is NO sidewalk or anything!! It's so annoying! I can't tell you how many times I needed those red health bubbles and tried to get them but I got pulled in and then I get defeated! They NEED to change this! Whose with me?

I couldn't agree more! Really KingsIsle, is it too much to ask to put some deccent SIDEWALKS in Marleybone?!

Rachel RavenTalon, Level 33 (1 quest away from being 34!) Myth

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
Stand in the corners of each section, guess how Ms. Conrail does not get pulled into fights.('');

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
Marleybone is REALLY annoying that way, especially since when you are walking to dungeons and you get in a battle with nappers or hooligans it feels much easier to flee, as if other wizards get pulled in with you, battles can take longer and 'cost' more in health/mana than just fleeing. What I do is I fill up my potions, wear a lot of mana-giving stuff, and mark along the way once or twice so if I get pulled into battle, I can flee and go again. I know, I sound like a scaredy-cat, but unwanted battles are SO annoying.

Another semi-obvious tip is when crossing onto another roof platform, walk on the boards. I have never gotten pulled in while walking on those amazing wooden boards. Think of the wire stuff as lava that you have to get across as fast as possible.

Monica Starbreeze
Level 28 Sorceror

Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
You just have to get used to it! By the end of my first time and all through my second and third time through marleybone, I didn't get pulled in ONCE. Unless you have to cross, you won't get pulled in if you stick to the side (even on the wooden ramps). All you need is practice and it can be a bit challenging at first but it is really easy to roam the streets of marleybone once you are used to it :)

I will note that kensington park is an exception. In there you have to walk right through the middle, which is even harder but I wouldn't recommend that dungeon until you are at least master with some friends :)

Get used to how far enemies can see and where their width range ends! It is a useful skill :) Personally, in dragonspyre, I rarely even use the sidewalks, there is enough room for me to just make my way around enemies :D

Practice practice practice