Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How does one get permission for text chat?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Log in, go to 'My Accounts' and enable Text Chat. Just make sure its OK with your parents.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Gamma answered your question above, young Wizard.

Text Chat for players with under age 13 accounts can only be turned on by a parent/guardian over age 18. The parent/guardian must validate his/her age by buying a subscription or crowns with a valid credit card.

dude763 wrote:
how do you turn it on i got to the right place but can not change it :x

Professor Greyrose, I already have a subscription. Does this still work?

Survivor
Oct 04, 2010
I a;ready have a subscription but it said that I do not have one to get text chat can you fix that fix that for me!!!!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
you have to be older than 13 or have your parents permission if your under 13 years old [real life].

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
when you create an account you have to be 13 or older :?

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010

Text Chat for players with under age 13 accounts can only be turned on by a parent/guardian over age 18. The parent/guardian must validate his/her age by buying a subscription or crowns with a valid credit card.

dude763 wrote:

Professer greyrose I have a membership and it still won't let me use text chat

Administrator
neonseon63 wrote:

Professer greyrose I have a membership and it still won't let me use text chat

It's a good thing I saw this before Zeke did!

As we've repeatedly stated (and even in this same thread, young Wizard!) Text Chat for players with under age 13 accounts can only be turned on by a parent/guardian over age 18. The parent/guardian must validate his/her age by buying a subscription or crowns with a valid credit card.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 23, 2010
Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
sage01 wrote:
My mom set us up on a family plan account, and even though I am over 13 I can't use text chat. Help!
I can't either. I find it unfair that kids under the age of twelve cannot get text chat at all !

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
i need help with the exact same thing.i go in and my parents put in the parent password but my birth date is not set in. i think that is the problem why i cant get text chat. but it wont allow me to put in my birth date even when i put in the parent pasword. help please!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I tried the parent password thing.. but it doesn't work at all. :? Is the password wrong or what?

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
sage01 wrote:
My mom set us up on a family plan account, and even though I am over 13 I can't use text chat. Help!

Well maybe if you click my accounts and enable the feature it might work :-)

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
abyd100 wrote:

dude763 wrote:

Professor Greyrose, I already have a subscription. Does this still work?

If you got the subscription with gc it will not allow you to use the feature
And if bought online will have to enable it but must have approval from parent/guardian

Explorer
May 21, 2011
I'ts kinda confusing but here...

1. you must be a member.

2.when you login DIRECTLY under your name you see a button that says "my account". CLICK.

3.(i think this is kinda dumb but) it says parental controls password on the side. your parents didnt MAKE a password in the 1st place so click "forgot password?"

4. a new password is sent to your parents email account. have your parents find the new pass then type in password.

5.enable text chat. (i dont even have text but i did this LOL)

Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
i go to the thing and it says filtered chat off but it doesnt say enable for me or my dad it doesnt know my birth and i dont know how to enter it to them and i wont mqake a new account because im a level 13 on my current one and a member.but im 13.so how can i enable it.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
well ive been a subscriber for a year but as my subscription renewed my chat was turned back to menu chat and i know how to change it back but when tried and rebooted the game, i was still a menu chatter , someone plz tell me why i cant go back to text chat

-Michael Wildflame, lvl 60 pyromancer
-Jordan Deathfinder, lvl 44 necromancer

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
it depends if your 13+ or 18+ 13= text chat 18= open chat

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Me again i just read another of Zeke's posts and it says excludes gift cars....sorry wizard101 and Zeke i should have looked toward the bottom of the page. :( the only way in buying online then, please reply to my last prof. Greyrose! Thanks! :D

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
I have membership, and my parents will let me have text chat. However, the button to enable it isn't there

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
i had text chat got on gardend got off and hour then i couldnt talk

Survivor
Apr 08, 2011
do my parents have to create a password or what for me to txt chat
:-(

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
denagen wrote:
do my parents have to create a password or what for me to txt chat
:-(

The answer you are looking for is in this thread...

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/2894.ftl

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
sage01 wrote:

Well I don't have Text Chat but you will need to CONFIRM that you are over 13 by clicking on what age you are when you register for the game. After you personalize your wizard, you will be asked real life information, including your age. If you clicked an age younger than 13, you will be forbidden from using Text Chat unless your mum or dad buys you a membership or crowns, which confirms that a 18+ person is allowing you to have Text Chat. Even if you in real life is older than 13, you will not have Text Chat if you clicked an age younger than that in the game itself.