Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How does one get permission for text chat?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
My mom set us up on a family plan account, and even though I am over 13 I can't use text chat. Help!

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Computer software cannot tell how old you are.

Log in, click My Accounts on the left sidebar, scroll down to where it says Account Management, and make sure Chat - Filtered Text is on. Turn it on if it isn't. If you're already in-game when you do this and merely switched windows ot a browser, you'll have to reboot the game for it to take effect.

Depending on how your mom set things up, you may need to get her to do this for you, if you don't have access to the master account or if she set a parental controls password.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Quizzical wrote:

Log in, click My Accounts on the left sidebar, scroll down to where it says Account Management, and make sure Chat - Filtered Text is on. Turn it on if it isn't. If you're already in-game when you do this and merely switched windows ot a browser, you'll have to reboot the game for it to take effect.

Depending on how your mom set things up, you may need to get her to do this for you, if you don't have access to the master account or if she set a parental controls password.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
i want to know how to turn on text chat plez someone tell me

Administrator
Young Wizard your answer can be found in our Help & Support - Frequently Asked Questions section:

How do I get Text Chat?
If you are unable to use the chat function, it is possible that your account does not have Text Chat enabled. Accounts set up as over 13 players are able to use the Text Chat.

You may also simply have the Chat Bubbles turned off. You can turn the chat bubbles on and off by pressing the letter O on your keyboard.

If you have an account that is over 13 and still cannot chat you might need to enable the feature. To enable you must login to Wizard101.com and select "My Accounts". Under the "Account Management" section login to your parental controls and click on the 'enable' button located next to the 'filttered text' option.

Text Chat for players with under 13 accounts can only be turned on by a parent/guardian over age 18. The parent/guardian must validate his/her age by buying a subscription or crowns with a valid credit card.

If you have previously been able to use Text Chat and no longer can access it, it is possible that you have been reported for harrasment or other misconduct. Please contact Customer Support using the "Ask a Question" buttonon the Help & Support page.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jun 23, 2009

If you're under 13, you will have to get your parent to do this for you.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2008
all you have to do is go to my accounts and enter parint control paswerd and go to acount maniger and turn on TXT chat

Explorer
May 04, 2009
i was thinking that to. i wanted text chat so i could tell my friends how much help i needed

Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
how do you turn it on i got to the right place but can not change it :x

Administrator
Gamma answered your question above, young Wizard.

Text Chat for players with under age 13 accounts can only be turned on by a parent/guardian over age 18. The parent/guardian must validate his/her age by buying a subscription or crowns with a valid credit card.

dude763 wrote:
how do you turn it on i got to the right place but can not change it :x

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
when i made my account i was 12 and now a am 13 because mybithrday was last week so what do i do. pls turn it on for my accont

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
yes i can not use text chat but my parents did not set parental crontrols :? what do i do :(

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
Jaster09 wrote:
i want to know how to turn on text chat plez someone tell me
Please some one tell me how to turn on text chat

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
When you logged into this website, look at the left side. Under the PLAY! button, you should see your login name. Directly under that is "My Account". Click on that. Scroll down and where it says "Chat - Filtered Text", click on Enabled.

Once you log back into the game (if the game was running at the time you did this, you must quit the game completely and relaunch), you should be able to start chatting with your fellow wizards. Keep in mind, text that is yellow cannot be said by you, that word will show up as ". . ." in your chat balloon.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
i wanted text chat becuase so i could say how much help i needed :( :(

Historian
May 28, 2009
You must buy crowns or a membership. Then a account stuff will be unlocked. Get your parent permisstion, and open the text chat. Well, i don't know if this is real but that what i does to get it.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
Please answer, admin...

My account was bought by way of gift card. I have received the message from Bernie saying I could use TC, but I was never able to do do.

When I went over to My Accounts, I scrolled down to find the filtered chat was labeled "off." I was unable to change it, however as there was a red banner above that read "The features below are available to subscribers only." However, I AM a subscriber. I just did not use the primary method. Please help.

Accounts owned by players under the age of 13, can enable Text Chat through Parental Controls.
Players must have an active subscription and a credit card on file with Wizard101 to enable this feature. This excludes Gift Cards.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Quizzical wrote:

I am over 13 and i have a suscription from from a gift card and i can still go to places i dont have with crowns. I went on account management i went to text chat and it said that i need a suscription. wizard101 please help! You have the best computer game ever! Im in dragonspyre! I need to help my friends in the warehouse but i need text chat to talk to them! Please reply ~coolsnake40/WolfGoldhunter~

coolsnake40 wrote:
I am over 13 and i have a suscription from from a gift card and i can still go to places i dont have with crowns. I went on account management i went to text chat and it said that i need a suscription. wizard101 please help! You have the best computer game ever! Im in dragonspyre! I need to help my friends in the warehouse but i need text chat to talk to them! Please reply ~coolsnake40/WolfGoldhunter~

Your question was answered three times already within this post.

Accounts set up as under the age of 13, can enable Text Chat through Parental Controls.
Players must have an active subscription and a credit card on file with Wizard101 to enable this feature. This excludes Gift Cards.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
i have an account with a subscription how do i set my age it didnt ask me when i was making my account. please help i have a subscription

Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
sage01 wrote:
My mom set us up on a family plan account, and even though I am over 13 I can't use text chat. Help!

so am i help i really want text chat tell me how!!

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
how come my password for parental controls dont work

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
brandoncrop95 wrote:
how come my password for parental controls dont work
try to change it if you dont know the pass word