Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People, Myth is not weak

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Hello. I am a Master Conjurer at level 45. (Or was at that time).
I had made a friend who showed me the world of Celestia for the first time. (I am at the point where I just started the first quest in Dragonspyre.)
After watching him in a full fight, unable to obtain a position in a boss fight, I said "I wonder how strong the random encounters are in here." And ran into a random encounter.
I was level 45. The two monsters I faced had, if I remember correctly, 3,000 each. They both got power pips, and freely used level 5 spells. Luckily, they were not Myth monsters, or I would have had to resort to fleeing. I defeated both monsters with my Cyclops minion. No treasure cards. Simply me and my deck.
Now, I do have to say one thing. With Celestia monsters and future stronger monsters, having so much health, do we Myth wizards ever get a minion stronger than Cyclops? I won't include Minotaur, because he basically only taunts. As a Myth wizard who specializes in summoned minions, I would love to see stronger minions. Perhaps minions that would actively cast the level 5 spell, Minotaur, and have an increased health pool to withstand some of those really heavy spells that monsters throw at me.
Since the very beginning, I relied on all various shields to mitigate the really heavy damage, but, damage gets heavier and heavier the more powerful attacks get, even with the shields, and a 750 health minion will not last long in these situations.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Hello. I am a Master Conjurer at level 45. (Or was at that time).
I had made a friend who showed me the world of Celestia for the first time. (I am at the point where I just started the first quest in Dragonspyre.)
After watching him in a full fight, unable to obtain a position in a boss fight, I said "I wonder how strong the random encounters are in here." And ran into a random encounter.
I was level 45. The two monsters I faced had, if I remember correctly, 3,000 each. They both got power pips, and freely used level 5 spells. Luckily, they were not Myth monsters, or I would have had to resort to fleeing. I defeated both monsters with my Cyclops minion. No treasure cards. Simply me and my deck.
Now, I do have to say one thing. With Celestia monsters and future stronger monsters, having so much health, do we Myth wizards ever get a minion stronger than Cyclops? I won't include Minotaur, because he basically only taunts. As a Myth wizard who specializes in summoned minions, I would love to see stronger minions. Perhaps minions that would actively cast the level 5 spell, Minotaur, and have an increased health pool to withstand some of those really heavy spells that monsters throw at me.
Since the very beginning, I relied on all various shields to mitigate the really heavy damage, but, damage gets heavier and heavier the more powerful attacks get, even with the shields, and a 750 health minion will not last long in these situations.
Very good question! As for me , I dont use the Minions much often, only if I need healing. In my opinion, I think our Professor has many Minions in store for us. it would be nice to have a Minion with a 1000 health so at least it will be usefull and not die from lightning bats!

Defender
Dec 08, 2010
myth is great because it has double hit spells! when you are myth you also get minions with their own strengths and weaknesses!

p.s. if you don't know what a double hit spell is, it is a spell that does one small attack to do very little damage and knock off any shield and the next attack to defeat the enemy! :D

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Hehe, I hope so. :)
I am hoping for another "stage up." Let's see, Perhaps Orthrus minion, or some Myth minion more powerful than Minotaur, but one that actively buffs and debuffs and attacks like the Cyclops. Instead of using at most level 3 spells, it would use at most the level 5 Minotaur spell.
Something that would make the Celestia and major boss fights a bit speedier, and safer for Myth wizards.
I rely on minions first and foremost. I do have several Cyclops/Minotaur spells in my deck, but my main priority is protecting me and my minion while my minion goes on the attack. It worked out like a dream at the earlier stages.
Now, in Dragonspyre, I am finding it a much lengthier process. Due to the fact that monsters have very large health pools, and are able to cast much stronger spells. It will only get worse in Celestia.
I suppose, at one point, I'll have to opt for the offensive strategy. Forego my minion and simply use my spells to go on an all-out attack. But, that kind of defeats the purpose of the Myth class, no?
If any Myth wizards are reading this, what is your playstyle in Celestia? Do you guys go all out on attack? Do you bother summoning minions? Let me know your thoughts and strategies you guys use, it will be very interesting to know, and I can learn from this from the pros.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
@abyd100: I don't get your point. The reason why first time Novices waste their training points on random attacks is because they don't realize that, at this point in time, they're not gonna be able to have all the spells available for training when they beat the game. It has nothing to do with the school (I know a couple of Conjurers that had to buy back their points because of what you explained); it depends on how good you are at following simple directions. Yes, Orthrus, if done right, can be very powerful...and? So can any other spell. Even if Orthrus was potentially the most powerful spell in the game, it's one spell that you get at Level 48. I'd rather not suffer through the worlds of the Spiral just to get that one good spell.

@Everyone else: I think you guys kinda hijacked the thread.

Dude i so agree with you. Any spell when done right can be powerful.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Hehe, I hope so. :)
I am hoping for another "stage up." Let's see, Perhaps Orthrus minion, or some Myth minion more powerful than Minotaur, but one that actively buffs and debuffs and attacks like the Cyclops. Instead of using at most level 3 spells, it would use at most the level 5 Minotaur spell.
Something that would make the Celestia and major boss fights a bit speedier, and safer for Myth wizards.
I rely on minions first and foremost. I do have several Cyclops/Minotaur spells in my deck, but my main priority is protecting me and my minion while my minion goes on the attack. It worked out like a dream at the earlier stages.
Now, in Dragonspyre, I am finding it a much lengthier process. Due to the fact that monsters have very large health pools, and are able to cast much stronger spells. It will only get worse in Celestia.
I suppose, at one point, I'll have to opt for the offensive strategy. Forego my minion and simply use my spells to go on an all-out attack. But, that kind of defeats the purpose of the Myth class, no?
If any Myth wizards are reading this, what is your playstyle in Celestia? Do you guys go all out on attack? Do you bother summoning minions? Let me know your thoughts and strategies you guys use, it will be very interesting to know, and I can learn from this from the pros.
Well, the pros have answered! If you didnt know or not, Im a grandmaster( almost legendary) myth wizard that runs this blog! Ok, in my opinion, i dont summon the minions. Just me and my deck. We usually stock up on traps and blades and when we have enough pips, we attack! Then after that we heal each other. Becoming a Pro is tough being a myth wizard, and dont be afarid to run into a battle.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Hmm.
I appreciate your answer(s). :)
I 'feared' that at Celestia level, that one may not even bother summoning minions anymore.
I have now reached 48.5, obtained Orthrus, and now am on the quest where I have to re-run Labyrinth to obtain that Obsidian Chest at the *very* end of the dungeon. *ugh.
At that point in through Labyrinth, I have summoned a minion asap during every single battle, and while I wonder how effective my minion *really* is going to be, I can't help but think that, as weak as they are 'now', that my minion does help and contribute in it's very small way.
I will have a harder time protecting my minion and keeping it alive once I reach Celestia, I also realize that, so, perhaps at Celestia, I may find it more practical for me just to forget about my minion.
In my opinion, that is a real shame, I love pet classes to death, and seeing a pet class being reduced to a soloer really bumms me out. Especially when they were *meant* to be a pet class from the beginning.
If there are other posters that reply to this, and they use their Myth wizard, let me know what you think, I definitely want to hear some more input from the Myth pros on what they think, and how they play in Dragonspyre++.
Thank you.

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Exactly! I am a Myth wizard, and even though the attacks start out pretty weak, adding blades and traps can make them very powerful! And to us its not about the strength of the attack, its about how you play out th fight. Strategy.

Me and my fellow Myth friend win PVP matches a lot, because instead of using all our powerful attacks and wasting Pips like some other people do, we talk in a group so everyone else can't see it, and we plan ot each attack carefully. That's how you win.

Rachel RavenTalon, Level 34 Myth