Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Black wall in Ravenwood and Butterflies

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 14, 2008
I know i'm not the only person with this problem, and its annoying me SO much! Its a black wall in ravenwood, and you see it around the time you get to the spiral circle with all the school symbols. It's usually when you turn toward the storm school is when you see it, and then you turn a different way and its gone. I dont know how to update my driver, but i dont think thats it because i just got this computer a few months ago, although i'm not into technical stuff, so i dont know, lol.
Another glitch i think very annoying is the Butterfly glitch. I see it in the commons, in my Massive fantasy house, Ravenwood and some other places. Most of them i find in houses or in Wizard city. It looks like a stretched out, colorful butterfly, and it seems very 3D.
I know somebody who took a picture of these two glitches, and they showed up normal, so i cant really give out any proof. I am very much hoping that somebody in the faculty could answer my question, or if somebody could explain why this is happening.
Thanks for reading!
-Luna0616, Mary Ravengem, Balance lvl 56

Administrator
Hello

It is certainly possible that it is the video driver - your description makes it sound like that is a possibility. Another is that one or more of the game files are corrupted (never fear - your wizard information is stored on the servers!). So, you could try uninstalling the game and re-installing it to see if that fixes it.

If not, you may seeing if Support can help you. Diagnosing problems remotely can be tricky, but it is worth a try! To contact Support, send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username (never send your password!) and attach a DxDiag.txt file.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search, if you have Vista) and type dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
yeah i get the same thing and it even goes all black sometimes unless i am at certain position...also something like that happens at my castle(massive fantasy one) i have screen shot from when i was lower lvl of the black thing and i will be taking one of the other thing to sent and show KI just so they know what it exactly is

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
i just got my massive fantasy palace yesterday for xmas, and i've seen nothing wrong with it except you cant place something for about 15 to 20 seconds, that drives me nuts. but other than that, i have never seen ravenwood go black, or half of it, soooo... could it be my computer is old and gets around bugs like that? i dont know, i ain't no computer technician