Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Unfair!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
I really don't think that the storm school should get the triton spell at level 38. It is totally unfair and it takes off more health than almoast all of the level 58 spells. Plus, why do storm get tempest at 28? If someone can answer that question for me. Thank You

- Justin IronTail

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Here you go, this is to explain to you why you are watching storm become a very high powered damage based class. The idea behind this game is to work together no one is "unfair" and the game has a balance.

The classes in this game can be separated by type. Tank, support, dps, and healing.

Seeing that life is called LIFE one would imagine they specialize in healing.

DPS is made to deal the most damage possible, clearly storm is best for this.

Support is something that can enhance other classes in some way typically through buffs or debuffs. The best bet for this is balance seeing as most of their spells do indeed buff.(I play as balance as well although they can be used to single target DPS it really does not help you out that much in PvE)

Tanking. While tanking is not really something one can do in this game seeing as very few people choose to do so. There is a thing typically known as aggro (SP?) and this is what determines who hits who in PvE (again in most cases I notice it a lot in this game too) I would say Ice is the best school for this due to their life, but they can't really damage as hard as someone in say storm.

Other classes are great for their own reasons but to me there is a clear disadvantage in certain situations depending on who wants to do what. However THAT is the point. The idea of Wizards 101 is to work together for the greater good, NOT to be the world's greatest character over all. Although I like to think I am a very good strategist on balance, and I also like to think that I can take down a good portion of situations in 1v1 I would never think I could take on 4 bad guys vs just myself. I have very few complaints about the game. My only wish for balance would be a higher damaging multiple target spell. Even still I found that teaming up with another player that compliments your class is best. I personally have a good storm player with me almost at all times.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
Probably because storm has the lowest health and must rely more on strategy to win battles. Most of the time one good hit can take a storm out and that is why we rely more on shields. Being a storm I used to think it was unfair that we had such low health but on leveling up realized that our hit power if we stay alive is awesome.

I know that really doesn't answer your question but this is just my opinion.

Sabrina Stormrunner
Legendary Diviner

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
The only thing I think is unfair about storm is the new storm clothes gives it more accuracy than life.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
discmaster wrote:
I really don't think that the storm school should get the triton spell at level 38. It is totally unfair and it takes off more health than almoast all of the level 58 spells. Plus, why do storm get tempest at 28? If someone can answer that question for me. Thank You

- Justin IronTail

I personally think they need those cards to stay alive. They have the lowest accuracy and lowest health so sometimes they need those higher powered spells even if it seems unfair.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
bravevline wrote:
The only thing I think is unfair about storm is the new storm clothes gives it more accuracy than life.

Think about it bravevline, life doesn't need 20% accuracy boost (this is just an example and the numbers are probably not right but if the boost for storm is over 10 this works). Life's attacks are 90% accuracy and storms is 70% so no wonder storm would have a bigger boost.

Amber Stormsong level 40 diviner, mooshu village of sorrow

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
discmaster wrote:

- Justin IronTail

I have Storm level 40. I suggest you try a Storm wizard. She has been a lesson in patience. I fizzle, oh how I fizzle. I have died more on her than any other wizard.

My health at level 38 was 1246. My friends Balance had 1900+ at the same level. My health at level 40 is 1316. My power pips are finally at 48%. It takes a long time for me to build up for a good hit.

When Storm hits we hit hard. We need those spells at those levels to help compensate for our low health and fizzle rate.

Megan

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Good grief, I crafted the level 55 Celestia hat and coat for my Life and now it as a total of +10% Life Accuracy, so any Life spell that is 90% accurate is now 100% accurate, which correct me if I am wrong but all life spells are a minimum of 90%. (Some are 100% like Life Blade and Pixie).

Fizzle is a thing of the past!

Even with Life treasure cards!

LOL and since the only way to enchant and save Rebirth is to use Accuracy boosting cards, Rebirth is over 100% accurate then!

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
I have gone a long ways on my storm life and death characters and i think that the hardest by far has been storm, but i also think it has been the most fun. I mean the other schools for me it was much easier to solo with and i didn't meet as many people as i did on my storm. So i really recommend a storm to use through the game. The health is terrible but once you get accurate enough you don't fizzle much STORM OWNS!!!!!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
bravevline wrote:

Let me guess, this probably means that you are life and are jealous.
Blaze Thundertalon
lvl 52 Grandmaster Diviner

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
armorlad wrote:
I have gone a long ways on my storm life and death characters and i think that the hardest by far has been storm, but i also think it has been the most fun. I mean the other schools for me it was much easier to solo with and i didn't meet as many people as i did on my storm. So i really recommend a storm to use through the game. The health is terrible but once you get accurate enough you don't fizzle much STORM OWNS!!!!!

Well said. Storm IS the hardest school to take through the game, but definitely the most exhilarating. storm PWNS!

Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
Defender
Oct 14, 2008
If you read about the schools (on the tab, "See the Game"), you will see that all the schools have its faults and strategies. For example, if your favorite school was Life, then its fault would be that it only has a few damaging spells, while its best strategy is having many healing powers and higher accuracy then other schools. For Storm, their best strategy is using larger spells, such as tempest, at maybe a lower level. (Although i think all schools got a powerful spells at level 28, however, i'm not sure right now). Their spells are very powerful, actually a bit more damaging than other schools, however their fault is that most of their spells have the percentage of accuracy at 70%-80%. I'm not even sure if there is a 80%. Since their accuracy is so low, that means that most of their powerful spells fizzle.
I hope you found this interesting.
-Luna0616, Mary ravengem, Balance, Death, Sun, Star, level 56!

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
Storm is not unfair. If you were an ice wizard (who have the most health) but can deal no damage you'd be saying storm is unfair. If you were a storm wizard with almost no health but the ability to deal massive damage you'd be screaming ice is unfair. (i just used life as an example)

KI has done a wonderful job of balancing all the classes, and the real strategy of the game is how you manage your training points. If your are a storm wizard and you learn fire fine, but you will die a lot without being able to heal and because your spells will fizzle a ton. So in that you have to balance yourself by learning a good secondary school and using the training points you get from people for doing quest (example like the explorer in WC giving you one for finding the smiths) I am a storm wizard and learned life as a secondary so I could heal. With the other points I learn different shields, traps and blades, so I can defend myself and multiply my attacks.

There is no "unfair" school in the game you just have to watch what you do

Survivor
Feb 22, 2010
Garrett15141 wrote:
discmaster wrote:

- Justin IronTail

I personally think they need those cards to stay alive. They have the lowest accuracy and lowest health so sometimes they need those higher powered spells even if it seems unfair.
i agree i am a storm ;)

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
discmaster wrote:

- Justin IronTail

cause storm has the lowest health. they need that power so they dont die. and temp is weaker than heckhound and fire gets it a lvl 18

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
bravevline wrote:

And they deserve it.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
discmaster wrote:

- Justin IronTail

cause storm has the lowest health. they need that power so they dont die. and temp is weaker than heckhound and fire gets it a lvl 18

Tempest is weaker than Heckhound because Tempest is an AoE spell.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer