Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Artisan's desperate plea to KI...

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
I have struggled with crafting since i started playing wizard 101 close to two years ago. Sad to say, my first wizard ever is still an initiate. During my journey as an artisan, I find it most difficult. At first it was just a quest for me, nothing more nothing less. This was because I was fairly new to the game and did not understand much.

But as I progressed, I realized that crafting is really a good thing. An artisan has access to loads of things that regular players don't. And FYI you cannot craft that "Tea Set" unless you are an adept crafter (see Ogden Peake in CL for quest-gives one training point).

It requires a lot of dedication to be an artisan. Crafting recipes have the most rare reagents and will require hours of "farming" and cost you thousands in gold. But despite all this, it is the reward that keeps us going. Want that carousel in your castle, guess what you can craft it! Isn't that great? Sure it is.

But sadly, Artisans have gone unnoticed and we are increasingly faced with difficult crafting tasks with meager rewards. The cost of reagents have gone sky high at the bazaar. 3500 gold for a Golden pearl/Sunstone. The same goes for polymorph treant (though not a reagent).

I have literally spend all the gold i have on all 6 wizards just to reach the grandmaster artisan goal. it was a great triumph for me, despite the time and thousands of gold i had to invest. i was happy with my new-found status but alas, my happiness was short-lived.

I thought that it would be genius to craft the level 55 Celestia gear for my wizards to make it a bit easier for them to progress to legendary status. Naturally most of the recipes require Golden pearls, Aquamarine and Aether (3500 gold each at bazaar). i had to choose gear that require less reagents though they were not necessarily the ones I wanted.

What i failed to notice at the time was that they have absolutely NO RESIST! Not even for your own school! this was a great shocker to me. i couldn't believe it! How can you have a crafted gear of the highest level in the game and there is no resist?

Boost is just as important as resist and so is accuracy. it makes no sense you have great boost but fizzle all the time or great critical rating but no resistance to attacks. Sometimes that 9% resist is what will save your life!

Full Arena gear will net you an average of 30% resist for all school! and it's not even level 50 stuff but a level 55 crafting recipe for full gear on any wizard will net you 0% resist for all school! This is very dreadful. Needless to say, the critical rating is good but it only gives you critical rating for your school and one other. not like the level 58 gear that gives you critical rating for all schools and critical block for all school and an average of 25 % resist for 3 schools (notice i said average?).

Now somebody, please correct me if am wrong. Shouldn't the crafted gear yield better stats than the dropped gear? additionally, i do not believe there are any crafting recipes (for gear) in all of the spiral that does not have resist for at least 2 schools. So why does the Celestia crafting recipes not have resists?

what artisans have to be doing now is just crafting the robes and wear it with the level 58 hat and boots. This shouldn't be. i should be able to craft my full gear and feel like I have achieved something. I should be more powerful.

Have you looked at some of those recipes? Some require 16 Golden pearls for ONE recipe! and it doesn't have resist, this must be a joke. Crafting needs to be fixed. i don't care about the reagents. Yes, they are hard to find and takes forever to acquire enough to craft what you want but like I said, it is the reward that counts.

But now, what reward do we have? You think I would go into PVP with no resist? Oh sure, i have 30% critical rating but guess what? my opponent have critical block! So it all boils down to the resist. My if opponents is resisting me by say 15% plus getting critical blocks and I do not resist his attacks but gets critical, who you think is most likely to win?

The critical is useless if your opponent blocks. So, even if you have 100% critical and your opponent blocks, it doesn't really serve any purpose. But resist is crucial to winning any battle. for example, if a Sorcerer has 15 % resist and puts up a 50% shield plus a weakness of 25%. even if you hit him with a critical gargantuan leviathan, that like 90% block to you attack!

case in point, I was in PVP and I had a storm shield up and my opponent hit me with a Leviathan (it didn't critical) and I still died. needless to say I had no resist to storm.

i have said all this to say that crafting needs a make-over. Especially the Celestia recipes. The Athames and rings are a big joke, not to mention the wands! Seriously, those wand recipes needs to go. at least add a 10 critical block to the wands or something, jeeze.

KI give is better stats on our crafting recipes, specifically the celestia recipes. Help us Artisans see the value in crafting by making the rewards great!

Oh and change the designs. i think crafted gear should have their own design. let people ask, "hey where did you get that?" Artisans should feel unique stepping out in their one of a kind gears. But who is gonna notice you when you wearing the same thing as everyone else?

Thank you for listening,

Logan Frost,
Grandmaster Artisan
Legendary Conjurer,Necromancer and Sorcerer
click and read this awesome post: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/25/26347.ftl#154860

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I agree whole heartedly!

After everything a GrandMaster Artisan has to endure and the lengths to become one. Then, to actually craft the gear, it should by all means be greater than any dropped gear.

Rings and Athames:
The ones from the Crustacean Empire are Great, although, you could have made some with 21% power pip chance and incoming health.

Wands:
If you go through all the trouble of crafting a wand, it should definitely have better stats than any dropped wand. So, KI, please increase the critical to 30, 40 would be even better, but at least 30. And the poster does have a great idea, add 10 to critical block!

Hats, Robes, Boots!
Yes, I love everything about the Hats, Robes, & Boots, but once again, the poster is absolutely correct! These items need resists! It is a lot of work to go through to make items! It is another thing to be able to buy something better that has resist, from the bazaar!

Come on, make it worth our while! Please increase the stats and make our items a bit more powerful! Or actually, more Resistant!

Hero
May 27, 2009
Ah, the age-old Crafting complaint! Ever since Crafting was released, we who enjoy Crafting have been arguing this same reasoning to no avail. Yes, we have been given the ability to share reagents through the shared bank, YAY! Yes, the Bazaar inventories were increased to 500 each, YAY! Yes, they turned sandstone/sunstones into dropped reagents, YAY!

BUT - When they "re-worked" the economy, costs for reagents at the Bazaar went CRAZY. I would never spend 3500 for ANY reagent, so I go and hunt.

There has never been feedback as to why crafted gear is not significantly better than dropped gear.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
The Rings and Athames that can be crafted tend to be the best in CL (Cosmic Kris, Stellar Signet). While these both provide 0 Mana (ugh...), they provide 208 Health, 16% Power Pips, 20% Outgoing Heal boost, 21% Incoming Heal boost EACH. This means that the total benefit from them is 416 Health, 32% power pip, 40% OUTGOING Heal, 42% INCOMING Heal. When healing yourself that's a total boost of 98.8% without charms! That's right, that '82'% actually equals out to a whopping 98.8% on Self. When your PET uses Spritely, it uses your Outgoing and Incoming heal boosts on it. The initial heal is 99 instead of 50 and then you get 199 a round instead of 100!

While the gear boosts for Crafted Robes, Hats, and Boots may be less than desired, I would love to see a CRAFTED PET or a 50% Speed Boost Crafted Mount!

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
Ah, the age-old Crafting complaint! Ever since Crafting was released, we who enjoy Crafting have been arguing this same reasoning to no avail. Yes, we have been given the ability to share reagents through the shared bank, YAY! Yes, the Bazaar inventories were increased to 500 each, YAY! Yes, they turned sandstone/sunstones into dropped reagents, YAY!

BUT - When they "re-worked" the economy, costs for reagents at the Bazaar went CRAZY. I would never spend 3500 for ANY reagent, so I go and hunt.

There has never been feedback as to why crafted gear is not significantly better than dropped gear.

Well I didn't have the time to spend weeks hunting golden pearls and pearls or black lotus to make black pearls, so i farmed the bazaar. Turned out, Golden Pearls are just as rare a find at the bazaar like any other place but i managed to procure enough along with pearls (to transmute0 for my crafting needs. It did cost a fortune but what choice did i have?

I had my fire at level 54 and he wasn't doing too well in the floating land but after I crafted my level 55 gear he pretty much critical his way through lol. But those rubble rousers (or whatever they are called) still gave me a run for my money, I had to skip those quests.

Still looking to see better changes to crafting especially where gear is concerned.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Johnist wrote:
The Rings and Athames that can be crafted tend to be the best in CL (Cosmic Kris, Stellar Signet). While these both provide 0 Mana (ugh...), they provide 208 Health, 16% Power Pips, 20% Outgoing Heal boost, 21% Incoming Heal boost EACH. This means that the total benefit from them is 416 Health, 32% power pip, 40% OUTGOING Heal, 42% INCOMING Heal. When healing yourself that's a total boost of 98.8% without charms! That's right, that '82'% actually equals out to a whopping 98.8% on Self. When your PET uses Spritely, it uses your Outgoing and Incoming heal boosts on it. The initial heal is 99 instead of 50 and then you get 199 a round instead of 100!

While the gear boosts for Crafted Robes, Hats, and Boots may be less than desired, I would love to see a CRAFTED PET or a 50% Speed Boost Crafted Mount!

Wow seriously, i guess you haven't seen the Sun Kris.

Cosmic Kris (must be crafted) Sun Kris (drop or bazaar)
208 health 200 health
16% pip chance 15% pip chance
+21 incoming heal +21 incoming heal
+20 outgoing heal none (np unless u life)
Level 58 ONLY Level 58 ONLY

Cosmic Kris recipe
11 Golden pearls (extremely rare)
10 Sunstones ( rare drop from mobs in science center)
8 Sniper
5 Ghost Fire
8 Scales
11 Pearls
8 fish Fin

Now can you seriously say that it is worth the effort to craft the Cosmic Kris for a meager 8 health more and 1 pip chance and 20 outgoing heal? Outgoing heal is only a big deal to life wizards. For wizards who cannot heal others (like my legendary pyromancer) they don't need outgoing heal.

The Stats for the crafted and dropped rings are basically the same. So based on this, it is totally not worth it to craft the rings and athames. You can see the guy in crab empire to verify stats and reagents for these recipes. it is definitely not worth 11 golden pearls and 10 sunstones to craft these items. the drop Athames and ring have similar stats so why bother to craft the same thing?

8 health more is nothing especially if you have good resist and the 1% pip chance doesn't really matter especially if your pip chance is already in the 70-80 percentile. Once again outgoing heal is not very important to wizards who cannot heal others and your pet will probably interrupt and cast two consecutive spritely anyways. Crafting CL recipes are not worth the effort.

I'm not sure where this idea of crafting pets or stitching pets come from. It is..... unconventional (to be polite). You simply cannot craft or stitch a living organism. Who would give credence to such a... "unconventional" idea! I would hate to see KI have pet crafting or stitching; it's just not a humane thing to do. The purpose of the hatchery is fine the way it is. I do concur that there should be a way to probably preview or choose your pet stats because to level a pet to epic only to realize that 90 % of its talents are selfish, is quite bothersome.

i think they should have pet day care center or veterinary where we can pay to leave our pets and they will grow and develop talents under the care of the veterinarian. It would be way better than those bland mini games.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
I agree whole heartedly!

After everything a GrandMaster Artisan has to endure and the lengths to become one. Then, to actually craft the gear, it should by all means be greater than any dropped gear.

Rings and Athames:
The ones from the Crustacean Empire are Great, although, you could have made some with 21% power pip chance and incoming health.

Wands:
If you go through all the trouble of crafting a wand, it should definitely have better stats than any dropped wand. So, KI, please increase the critical to 30, 40 would be even better, but at least 30. And the poster does have a great idea, add 10 to critical block!

Hats, Robes, Boots!
Yes, I love everything about the Hats, Robes, & Boots, but once again, the poster is absolutely correct! These items need resists! It is a lot of work to go through to make items! It is another thing to be able to buy something better that has resist, from the bazaar!

Come on, make it worth our while! Please increase the stats and make our items a bit more powerful! Or actually, more Resistant!

He's complaining more about how crafted items are practically the same as dropped ones.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
darthjt wrote:
I agree whole heartedly!

Rings and Athames:

Wands:

Hats, Robes, Boots!

He's complaining more about how crafted items are practically the same as dropped ones.

Hello? McFly? Are you even paying attention, McFly?

The whole point of this thread, is that crafted gear is NOT better than dropped gear or gear that you can buy at the Bazaar! Do you understand that, or should I break that down for you?

A person who spends all the time and effort getting rare reagents, not to mention going through all the quests to becoming a Grandmaster Artisan, should be rewarded with better gear than what you can get from a drop or that you can purchase from the Bazaar!

Is that simple enough for you, or do you still need help? Well, if you still need help, classes will begin shortly!

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
I just got to master artisan yesterday, and I already have all the reagents for the Seal od the Seven Seas I just need seven more Golden Pearls and I can craft anything I want (with the right reaagents of course).

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Golden pearls while rare are not at all difficult to get. I have obtained 10 golden pearls in a single hour of pearl farming. Pearls and Golden Pearls aren't nearly as hard to get as Black Pearl.

And yes, Outgoing heal does make a big difference even on people who cannot heal others... If you are casting the heal spell, it uses your Outgoing heal boost, the Bubble healing boost, your Charm healing boosts, and FINALLY after that, it uses your Incoming heal boost. If you haven't realized that by now, then you really must be clueless about how the spell system works. When healing yourself with the 40% out and 42% in, you're actually INCREASING your heal by 99%, not 82%. So yes, every little bit of it is good.

Also, what's wrong with Crafting pets? We could make Golem Pets, Fishbot pets, and Protector pets.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
Just farm the portico for Gold Pearls and regular Pearls. It took me about an hour of farming to get enough to reach Grandmaster Crafter and the Stellar Signet. You run around the first area in the small rooms where you'd normally fight the 3 bosses, but you just look for reagents. Head clockwise and after you go to each spot, you leave through the portal and the dungeon resets. Works Wonders.

Also the crafting gear isn't that bad, it's just not made for PvP. They're more questing gear. Usually the best combination is 'your school'/ life robe and hat then getting the 'your school'/storm boots if you really want to use them in PvP. The hat and robe are fantastic as they give you max heal critical chance. Also, chances are you'll get perfect accuracy from the gear. And let me tell you, not worrying about fizzles is a BIG relief when dueling any day.

If you want resist, just stick to PvP with your crafted gear until you can get some arena gear (boots, hat robe in that order) and ONLY buy the commander gear. Veteran (or sergent, can't remember) is a waste of tickets.

Also, it's not that hard to craft the Stellar Signet and Cosmic Kris. I expect to have my Kris by next weekend. If you need gold, just farm the Chancel with a friend. You get about 10,000+ gold a round (once I got 20,000 :-D).

Finally, gear wise, the crafted deck (get the recipe for your school from the Floating Island vendor) gives 4 more cards than regular decks and really free up some space. It's next on my list after the Kris.

Crafting doesn't produce bad gear, it just meets different, INCREDIBLY HIGH, requirements for critical, damage, health, accuracy, and block.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
This is an excellant post, much thought obviously went into it. I, too, agree. Everything I craft, i sell at the Bazaar. I want better gear from crafting.

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer (and adept crafter)

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
For those of you who may have missed the point of this thread let me break it down for you:

The point of this thread was to apeal to KI to give us better stats on our crafted gear so that it is worth the effort when we do craft.

This is not about reagents gathering. I have already perfected the art of gathering reagents and if I am not sure about the best spot for a particualr reagent, i know who to ask.

I already have 2 Grandmaster Artisans and have crafted the hats and robes for all my wizards and they all have completed the crafting quests up to Mooshu level; so i know what I'm talking about.

I still think that the crafted rings and athames are not better than the dropped ones. With the critical gear you have to sacrifice resist and sometimes a little health but with the athames and rings you have to sacrifice a hugh amount of health.

For example, the balance level 58 ring and athame gives 288 health each with 21% power pip chance (i think). Thefore if you use the crafted ring and athame you are deducting 176 health from your wizard.

Also the carfted hat reduces your health by 48 points so you are looing at a total reduction of 224 health points. I won't even mention the boots because those are a waste of time because no wise Artisan will craft the level 55 boots for any school.

Not sure who said it but outgoing heals does Not add to your heal boost if you heal yourself. it only works if your pet heals you or if you heal someone else. And any wise Artisan will craft the robes and hats that has a life critical chance, that way you have a high chance of getting a critical heal!

No use have critical rating for other schools since out of school spells are a waste of power pips, especially in PVP. Balance can get away with it because they have spectral blast and hydra.

I personally would craft the balance gear that gives balance and ice boosts/critcal because Ice is the lowest attack on spectral blast, therefore ,it needs the boost and critical chance or you could go with storm.