Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

clarification on death spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
hello,
i have read that spells such as "amplify" do not affect "wraith" damage.
it is justified by "wraith" not being a damage spell. if so, why do spells such as "spirit blade" affect the damage.

thanks

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I agree, I see no reason why amplify should not apply to wraith and scarecrow. The enemies have a lot more strength now, we should be able to boost our primary attack spell. KI, please change the death spell so we can enchant it with the power boost cards!!!

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Spirit blade states +40% to next death fist attack spell OR next death drain spell. Amplify states +15% to all fist attacks over 3 rounds. I am sad that you can't use Strong, Giant, Monstrous, and Gargantuan on the drain spells, but what I do for those is give them Accurate so they are at 100%. You can use Strong, etc. on Skeletal Dragon, which if buffed, can do massive damage. One good thing that comes out of the need of specification for fist and drain attacks is that Spirit Armor doesn't absorb drain spells.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
PyramidRune wrote:
Spirit blade states +40% to next death fist attack spell OR next death drain spell. Amplify states +15% to all fist attacks over 3 rounds.

No actually it doesn't say +40% for fist or drain spell. It says: =35% to next death fist spell, and thats it. Second why would balanceblade work for drains when it only says for the next fist attack?

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
mmaakk wrote:
PyramidRune wrote:
Spirit blade states +40% to next death fist attack spell OR next death drain spell. Amplify states +15% to all fist attacks over 3 rounds.

No actually it doesn't say +40% for fist or drain spell. It says: =35% to next death fist spell, and thats it. Second why would balanceblade work for drains when it only says for the next fist attack?

Sorry, I was describing the Deathblade not the Spirit Blade. Balance Blade, Spirit Blade, and Spirit Trap all only have the fist and do work with the drain spells. I generally don't use Amplify and I don't know if it does affect the drain spells or not. It could fall into the Balance Blade category, where the drain symbol is omitted, or into the Spirit Armor category, where drain spells aren't taken into effect.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Quick solution, go to Rattlebones and try it with and without. That way you can cancel the effect of your gear, and no one can join you.