Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mander Minion Item Card

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 13, 2010
During a heated battle, what sort of beastie would you most want to have your back?

The School Minions are OK for the most part, but they use your own element most of the time. And don't get me started on the non-Life Crowns Henchmen, wasting your Feints on crappy wand spells and wasting their Power Pips on spells outside of their school.

Out of the Minions I have tried out I must say the Helpful Mander was my favorite. Actually, I think that he is the kind of selfless player that anyone would want on their team - most of the time, he shields you, blades you, donates pips to you - and somehow knows just the right time to unleash a Swarm. He would make a great partner to wizards who are unable to have a Balance-oriented friend (Or, for that matter, any friend) join their battles.

So I must request, with most humble respect, that this awesome minion be somehow obtainable by other wizards. My Proposal? An Item Card. It could be part of a hat, or robe, or pet...

In fact, the Crabling and Ianthine Spectre pets are readily available to Wizards with plenty of Crowns to spend, and they both carry Minion-summoning spells, Water Elemental and Animate. Perhaps, there could exist a pet that 'Gives 1 Card at Adult' (Or whatever age), this card to be exact?
It, of course, could / should / would be rare or otherwise difficult to obtain so as to make the spell still somewhat unique.

But all in all, I'd like to see what my fellow forum-goers think about the issue. Would it be a good idea to release an item or pet that gives one the ability to summon a Balance-School Minion? Would you support such an idea?

Discuss :)

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
No. I am a Balance student and it would be unfair if we Sorcerors spent all of this hard work getting a Mander Minion when you can just buy it. We know that the thing that makes each school unique is the wide variety of spells. If some one just walks up and summons a Helpful Mander then it would be annoy ing becuaes if you are a non Balance student you can only learn Balance spells by secondary schools. AKA, it would be unfair.

Blaze Strongpyre, Lv.21 Sorcorer

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Milesami123 wrote:
No. I am a Balance student and it would be unfair if we Sorcerors spent all of this hard work getting a Mander Minion when you can just buy it. We know that the thing that makes each school unique is the wide variety of spells. If some one just walks up and summons a Helpful Mander then it would be annoy ing becuaes if you are a non Balance student you can only learn Balance spells by secondary schools. AKA, it would be unfair.

Blaze Strongpyre, Lv.21 Sorcorer

I am also a Balance Student :)

It depends on your definition of 'unfair' I guess. With the new world released, I have seen Power Nova and all the other 7 pip spells available in Item Card form. Other spells you can get from Item cards include Triton, Judgment(!), Heck Hound, and more recently, the Minion-summoning spells Animate and Water Elemental. Not to mention that Balance is able to summon Minions outside of its school naturally with Spectral Minion.

It actually wasn't a lot of hard work for myself to reach the required level of 18 to receive the spell - usually no more than one day's work. And, well you can already 'just buy it' at the Bazaar, at 1500 Gold a piece...Kinda steep for a one-use card. But say this card came in Pet form and was a rare drop from a hard boss? Certainly there could be a way to require enough hard work to anyone's liking.

The way I see it is this. As a foreign, 3-pip spell, an experienced wizard may have to waste 1-3 Power Pips on the Minion. It would be like paying for a Secondary-School spell. So it wouldn't be totally unfair in that regard.

And if someone 'just walks up and summons' a Helpful Mander in battle, I doubt most people would be too upset, considering he would be on your side, being helpful...Unless of course you are in PVP, where most of the complaints are. I'm not even thinking about them at this point.