Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening spells should use Mana not Energy

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 18, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
Ummm Megan, if you take a pet out of your bank with zero energy in your pool after gardening you loose all of zero energy, net loss of zero. I'm not talking about switching back and forth a lot, I am saying train the pet and handing it over when it is ready, in your opinion, to play.

Pardon me while I get this egg off my face! You are correct! My brain was on a single track and missed the obvious. I am still stuck as my pets on two of my wizards are school specific. That is as far as my thoughts went. That would indeed work and be a great solution.

Megan

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Another thing to do is to carefully watch your XP for leveling, and pet train out your points before you complete a quest to kick you up a level and refill the energy.

Most of those characters I am playing right now are higher level and have finished their pets, so, for me, it is all energy to plants.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
i also agree that something needs to be changed with the way you gain back energy or make the spells use less. most of the plants i have growing now use higher spells which takes 15-20 or 25 energy [can't remember for sure] and i only have 70 energy so if i have one plant that needs 2 or 3 high energy spells then i won't be able to take care of any of the rest, they'll be out of luck or i have to keep refilling energy over and over which adds up to a lot of crowns.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
BrooklynOrcbane wrote:
And still not that many players are going to want to sit around and use all of their mana just to garden. Like me, most of them will plant up to ten plants and go ok lets see what this does. And then go battle and level. Not sit around and think of how many plants they can plant because of the drops they get from them. Because the core of the game is dueling not gardening. :D

I have to concur with this. I've only planted 2 seeds (which explains why I'm only Rank 4) because I'd rather be out completing quests than sitting around on my little plot of floating land waiting for gardening chores to pop up.

But even at that, I think there could be a compromise with the mana idea that people are suggesting and the interests KI had when developing the energy-based system they have.

What if mana was consumed when casting the spells, but energy was consumed when harvesting? The amount of energy consumed could vary depending upon the reagent harvested. Also make the spells require relatively high amounts of mana so that people who want to have ridiculously huge gardens filled with rare specimens have to spend a lot of time running back and forth between home and common areas looking for mana wisps. I don't think the concept of requiring energy is completely off the mark considering the potential rewards. Applying it to spells just doesn't make much sense to me, but having it consumed when harvesting does.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
Firefan02 wrote:
My friend and I were just discussing this very issue. People are basically being forced to choose one or the other.

I like and second either of your suggestion! Mana idea is terrific. :D My only other idea would be energy wisps for a quick refill.

Megan
Or mini games that fill the energy.