Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

reset training points or change second school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
I have recently started regretting my choice in a second school is there any way i can reset this or am i stuck with it. if there isnt any way to do this it would definitly make the game better if we could.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
i have to agree, early on you dont know what your doing and what your buying. i Bough a sacrifice minnon spell from krokotopia only to find out i get a better steal health from minon card for free in marleybone.

Perhaps there could be some kind of penalty for resetting training points and only being able to reset one at a time.

and by penalty i mean, for resetting a training point, you would have to fight 50 kroks, or 50 ghouls or something along those lines maybe even pay in cash instead.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
you can not change your second school. It would be getting your trainning points. This is the third post about this. And I DO agree. This is a issue .

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
Yeah, because I really want to get all my training points back, since multiclassing pollutes your deck..

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
i dont think you can do that i mean you can train diffrent cards from diffrent schools thats what i do.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
I agree with this thread also. I went up to the pirate in death until I figured out death is useless and now am building life. I am too high to start over so it would be nice to be able to one time at a certain level perhaps retrain the points.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I am another player that agrees with this.

I do realize that it "breaks" a basic concept if you do something like this, as in, you cannot travel back into the past and undo something done in real life now, can you?

However.. since this would greatly increase the enjoyability and loyalty to someone's main wizard, I would suggest that Wizard101 could refund training points with Crowns. Also, in most cases, the prolonged enjoyment of players would also mean their prolonged patronage to Wizard101.

Wizard101 would give giving the "chance" for everyone to redo their spell training, and at the same time be making a bit of money for themselves.

I had trained my Storm wizard, and he is fine, but having to level a new Storm wizard from scratch and replay the entire game... well.. needless to say, I am not exactly jumping with enthusiasm.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
I understand where your all coming from but the only thing that should be allowed to be changed in my opinion atleast is your secondary class. your main class gives you cards based on quests for one. And two if implemented what if you'd have to do more quests. For those who might say hey why not just adjust it so the quests are completed and we get the cards, my response is why. Did you just play this game with hopes of shortcuts for errors you've made? I'd answer no games are supposed to be challenging. Many games have a shared concept of Respec'ing this allows you to change some of your stats but not your class. Think of being a myth mage as your class and a life mage as your stats. You chose more life over damage but you realized hey they are doing enough damage to compensate for my increased life. Then you decide to Respec your stats, now even though you have less life you can stun people or cancel their attacks. Your still a myth mage you just have different stats than your previously chosen.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Phel wrote:
I understand where your all coming from but the only thing that should be allowed to be changed in my opinion atleast is your secondary class. your main class gives you cards based on quests for one. And two if implemented what if you'd have to do more quests. For those who might say hey why not just adjust it so the quests are completed and we get the cards, my response is why. Did you just play this game with hopes of shortcuts for errors you've made? I'd answer no games are supposed to be challenging. Many games have a shared concept of Respec'ing this allows you to change some of your stats but not your class. Think of being a myth mage as your class and a life mage as your stats. You chose more life over damage but you realized hey they are doing enough damage to compensate for my increased life. Then you decide to Respec your stats, now even though you have less life you can stun people or cancel their attacks. Your still a myth mage you just have different stats than your previously chosen.

Not to embarrass you or anything, but from the very first post this entire thread has been about the second class ;)

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
Lol your right,I somehow misread the post's not sure how that happened. But that was very intentional of you, my post was right above yours and you quoted the whole thing. Which wasn't quite necessary when you could have said my name and your comment so don't act so innocent.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
I think the administrators are WELL AWARE by now (from other posts also) that there are numerous players that want to change skills or even the 2nd school. I can only assume that someone is working on this issue.

I can tell you that some of my training points that I spent in the past I now regret and now being level 50 I won't be getting any more training points to spend.

I'm sure it will take time for a solution to come up to add to the game. I wouldn't even mind having to pay some gold to change a skill or my 2nd school.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I agree. I think that, at the beginning, any school can work as a good partner to your primary school.

For example...

I have two characters that I play regularly. The first, my primary character, is a level 45 Necromancer. Up until level 20 (give or take) my secondary school of Balance was a good choice as a partner to Death. However, I now regret that.

As I have leveled up, I've realized that using Balance as a secondary school to Death was not a good idea, at least based on the way I play. If I had to use crowns to do it, or even complete a new (and difficult) quest, I would gladly do so to change from Balance to something like Storm or Fire.

But, knowing the problem I encountered with the first character I played, I knew what to choose the second time around.

My second character is a level 21 Diviner. I chose Life as my secondary school to Storm and have been quite happy with it. Having the added healing spells in place for a wizard who fizzles quite a bit has saved me on more than one occasion.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I agree to this. :) My diviner is also Storm/Life, and I will give you some good advice.

Do not get spells past Satyr, and save those training points for something else you might really want. It is extremely inefficient to be saving 6 pips just to cast a spell outside your school.

Then again you are a master already, so you probably already know this. I had chosen Centaur, and I dont ever use that spell, so I am short a training point, for what I could have used on something more useful, like a balance trap, or balance blade, or perhaps even a shield.

If you do use spells outside your school, simply wait until you are very sure that you'd want to get it. Being a 45 and regretting on spent training points, well... not really a good way for peace of mind.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Thanks for the advice Shiningfantasia.

I think you are right. When it comes to learning the Life spells for my secondary school, there isn't much use in learning Centaur or Sanctuary. As useful as the spells are for a Life wizard, they don't really help a Storm wizard who uses Life as a secondary.

I'm going to stop learning Life after Satyr, and save my training points (including the ones I get from Zeke quests) until after Dragonspyre comes out, so I can see what new spells may be added to each school.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I definitely agree.

I'm Life/ Ice and I hardly ever use ice.

I mean.. sure I use the spells.. but only if I can't use my Life Spells since I have the blade and trap.

The only thing I use a bunch is the Tower Shield.
I would miss that but it'd be worth it.

I don't mind Blizzard but I have the card Tempest from my gear which always does the trick and makes Blizzard not even worth it..

I wouldn't like if it were to be based on Crowns though.
To be honest I barley have any cash so I was lucky to become a member..
I couldn't afford to pay more just to reset my training points.
I'd prefer if there were a tough way in game. :)

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
gotscoolshoes wrote:

I wouldn't like if it were to be based on Crowns though.
To be honest I barley have any cash so I was lucky to become a member..
I couldn't afford to pay more just to reset my training points.
I'd prefer if there were a tough way in game. :)
I can see that point. A great number of players, subscribers or not, are in the same boat. Money isn't always easy to come by, and having to spend real world cash to reset points may not be an option for many people.

It would be nice if the option to reset training points was given either through a quest or through a rare item drop.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I like the quest idea.
That would give the game a new challenge and something to work for.
After final completing it you'd be able to reset one point so it'd give a nice feeling.
Like you accomplished something.
:D

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
In order for a "second school" to have any validity, you would also have to be able to use power pips as 2 pips for it as well. Any other spells you pick up are entirely optional.

I have spells from all different schools and use them interchangably when fighting different types of monsters. The more different spells you have the more different types of monsters your decks will be effective against. You just figure out what school the monsters you are battling are and load your deck with "boost" type spells.

I also have several different wands that I switch back and forth between.

Limiting yourself to just 2 schools vastly increases the amount of time it takes to advance in the game. 8)

Survivor
Nov 12, 2008
Adding agreement. The way you play your character as you mature in gaming experience may not be how you "thought" you'd play it when you were new to the game. I'd love my training points back from the secondary school. The tactics and pace don't suit my play style and knowing what I know now, I never would use that school at all. As it stands, I went all the way to the 2nd to last spell and regret it.

I've played many, many multi-players games and all of them have a way of re-specializing those type of choices. It usually involve a high penalty the more times you do it. I'd be fine with you only get to do it certain levels, 10, 20, etc until last time at max level. At least once or twice should be enough to understand how you want to play your character.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
^ This is very true.
When I first played this game I didn't realize the different in the classes.
I mean I knew there was one but I didn't know what it would be.

I happened to become a life student from the test and because I always find ice magic cool in other games, that is the second school I selected.

This is a very horrible combination as when it comes to damage both classes are very similiar.

The only different things I get out of ice are the Tower Shield and Blizzard.
Blizzard being the weakest multi-target spell out of all in the game.
I don't mind the shield.. but wasting all my training points for these two spells isn't worth it.
I didn't even get an ice trap. A lot of other schools sell the traps for a point but ice doesn't so that makes my ice spells even weaker.
But out of those two spells.. the rest isn't much different my life attacks so my character isn't too great at all. :(

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
gotscoolshoes wrote:

I didn't even get an ice trap. A lot of other schools sell the traps for a point but ice doesn't so that makes my ice spells even weaker.
But out of those two spells.. the rest isn't much different my life attacks so my character isn't too great at all. :(
I would recommend talking to Niles, the Balance School tree that is found in Krokotopia (next to the Sphinx). If memory serves, he sells the "Spirt Trap & Spirit Blade" (for boosts to Life/Death/Myth attacks) and the "Elemental Trap & Elemental Blade" (for boosts to Storm/Ice/Fire attacks). While it isn't the same boost percentage you may get from the Ice school's "Ice Trap," it can help quite a bit.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Okay.
Of course I could get the traps and blades from that tree but for me it'll really be a waste.
I'd rather buy the spirit blade and trap and then use my life blade and trap with them to deal even more damage with my life spells rather than just a bit more with my ice.

On top of that.. it's a waste of training points for me.

If I get every last training point I can.. then I can get a complete third school.. I'd much rather do that.
And the one I selected has two kinds of traps in it meaning I can actually power up my spells a bit unlike in ice.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
I got to level 35 then realized i was waisting my points on lvl5 spells! So this is a very good idea! I hope it happens sometime soon!

Administrator
Loganfly wrote:
I got to level 35 then realized i was waisting my points on lvl5 spells! So this is a very good idea! I hope it happens sometime soon!

When young Wizards first start out at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, they are often excited by the many different spells to spend Training Points on, such as shields and magical spells outside their school of focus. We understand that as Wizards progress, they sometimes wish they could return those spells in exchange for their Training Points back. Well now you can!

Mr Lincoln in Golem Court will allow you Spend Crowns to buy back all your Training Points and return all of the spells obtained with those Training Points. You can respend your new Training Points as desired.

The price in Crowns is dependent on how many training points you have spent.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
May 03, 2009
For 1050 crowns you can reset all spells (besides your primary school) and regain the points at Mr Lincoln in Golem Court.