Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

all dispels should be increased one pip

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
one pip treasure dispels are too cheap and way too powerful, as such I favor making dispels 3 pips to cast which would then make treasure dispels 2 pips... the change from using 2 pips from 1 would cut down on their use quite a bit as they would be seen as being way more costly to cast

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
I disagree, as this would SERIOUSLY hamper PVE use of Dispels against bosses and things like that.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Johnist wrote:
I disagree, as this would SERIOUSLY hamper PVE use of Dispels against bosses and things like that.

it would not hamper PvP since dispels are really only greatly effective for the side that goes first, it would just make things more fair as one pip dispels against the side going last is highly unfair, and one pip dispels in actual game play is very lame and very not necessary

Hero
May 02, 2009
seasnake wrote:
Johnist wrote:

it would not hamper PvP since dispels are really only greatly effective for the side that goes first, it would just make things more fair as one pip dispels against the side going last is highly unfair, and one pip dispels in actual game play is very lame and very not necessary

1. Johnist was talking about pve, NOT pvp, which is where the majority of your complaints & posts are geared towards.

2. You need to stop complaining about every little thing that happens in pvp. I've read all of your topics and virtually all of them (except for the one about having cpu players fill in remaining spots on the waiting list in arena and derby, which I think is a good idea, btw) are compliants about something in particular (i.e. dispels, wild bolt, etc.) and it's gotten old, really old.

Now I'm not normally one to complain, but I've noticed that your complaints have absolutley no regard on how it would affect pve. Dont think that I've never done pvp, because I have (and gotten to knight rank), and I know that some things should be considered changing. But still these complaints need to stop. If you can't think of a decent strategy and come on the boards to rant about your losses and the like, then you probably don't need to pvp anymore (or at the very least, take a break from it for a while). You also have to realize that what happens in pvp affects pve as well, so you have to consider that when posting your pettty complaints.

But seriously, these complaints of yours need to stop. Maybe you could try making more useful posts and ideas like the one I mentioned above.

That's just my take on the matter.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
seasnake wrote:
Johnist wrote:

Ok seasnake, we will make an exception for you. KI will make the change and charge you 3 pips for YOU to cast a Dispell and keep everyone else the same, as only YOU want to cry and complain about every little aspect of this game.

There are 7 schools, only so many treasure cards and spell cards in a deck and you think everyone has you in mind when they play PVP? If they know what or who they are playing before a match, it is easy to prepare. But, in normal ranked matches, you can face anyone, without warning. So, it is harder to Prepare for a certain school.

Also, I would like to point out, since you don't seem to realize this Seasnake, there is another aspect to this game! Not sure if you know this, but PVE is a great version of this game, so much in fact, that it has over 10 million subscribers! You think they get that from your whining PVP? No way dude! So, before you whine and cry about another one of your ideas, think seriously about the entire game and not just because you lost, YET AGAIN!

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
What seasnake is trying to say is that they should ONLY make the 3 pip dis only for pvp. Though, KI should keep 1 pip dispel for a higher price I suppose cause when I go to buy some from the bazaar, they cost less then normal 2 pip dispels. I know most of you would not like that because now you have to pay more for the 1 pip dis but it would make the game SLIGHTLY more fair. Also, to decide who goes first they should have like a coin flip :P. Person on the right is ambrose(heads) and the person on the other side is wizard city(tails). There, game could get even more fair. But no one should get on the message boards to be rude to others. Even though 30% of the boards are filled with seasnake complaints. But these ideas are just a suggestion people think. Just say you like it or not. Do not go all crazy and rude to others for something that has not even been put in the game. Last thing is, this is just a game, not real life. See ya around the spiral!

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 conjurer
1209 Warlord

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
in actual game play dispels are very lame and pretty much make game play an absolute joke, with the only exception being school boss fights for the level 58 spell and then only if you are storm as the other boss fights are so very much easier

so if dispels aren't of any real benifit in the PVE game it must really have been placed in for PVP and in PVP it acts primarily as a cheat card for those who are lucky enough to go first

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
you know the only thing that makes this game a joke is PvPers crying all the time,"this aint fair,that aint fair,thats a cheat card boohoo if you dont "fix it" so I cant win i'll quit, boohoo"

Dispells where stupid right from the start in PvP in stead of chain stunning now its chain dispelling.

KI needs to get the heads out of the clouds and realize that every time they change something in PvP it effects PvE in a bad way sick of KI giving PvPers what they want and sticking it to the rest of us. We pay to play also and should receive the same respect as the PvPers get.

Dispells and treasure cards should be taken out of PvP and only YOUR school spells should be used!! aint that what PvP is all about?