Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The giving tree

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Can somebody please tell me why I can't purchase a giving tree? The "Buy" sign won't come on when I go into the crown shop.

Defender
May 27, 2010
You need the right amount of crowns to be able to buy and it isnt buy able with gold either so your gonna need crowns

Fire is the true Balance

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I've got crowns. The problem is that the buy sign won't come on. Why can I buy the snack pack but not the energy elixir? Why can I buy the energy fortification but not the enery elixir? I can't buy none of the mounds or pets because the buy sign wont' come on and I know I bought them before. What changed? Makes no sense

Survivor
Nov 20, 2010
What does The Giving Tree even do again?
I was gonna get it but know i dont know about that.

Administrator
There are several reasons, young students, why you may be able to buy certain things and not others (assuming you have enough crowns)

1) If your backpack is full, any inventory item can't be purchased. The Giving Tree would qualify for this, as it goes into your backpack. You should see a comment at the bottom of the screen when this is the reason.

2) If your energy is full, you won't be able to buy the Energy Elixer (as that gets used automatically, and it'd do you no good if your energy is already full) - there's a small, brown lock in the upper right corner of the button, in this case

3) If you're in PvP and open the Crown shop, you won't be able to buy anything marked "No PvP"

In all these cases, the BUY button is likely grayed out when you select an item you can't buy.

You can always buy items that don't go into your inventory (such as the *hmmph* Evil Snowman Transformation).

TanLeaf, the Giving Tree is a limited-time gardening plant, available to Rank 1 and above gardeners. It takes a medium plot of soil. Although a Rank 1 plant, you will normally find the harvesting rewards are much better than any other Level 1 plant. However, it does take a bit more work too. That's pretty well indicated if you put your cursor over the tree - that's a lot of Reward icons!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Gamma wrote:
There are several reasons, young students, why you may be able to buy certain things and not others (assuming you have enough crowns)

1) If your backpack is full, any inventory item can't be purchased. The Giving Tree would qualify for this, as it goes into your backpack. You should see a comment at the bottom of the screen when this is the reason.

2) If your energy is full, you won't be able to buy the Energy Elixer (as that gets used automatically, and it'd do you no good if your energy is already full) - there's a small, brown lock in the upper right corner of the button, in this case

3) If you're in PvP and open the Crown shop, you won't be able to buy anything marked "No PvP"

In all these cases, the BUY button is likely grayed out when you select an item you can't buy.

You can always buy items that don't go into your inventory (such as the *hmmph* Evil Snowman Transformation).

TanLeaf, the Giving Tree is a limited-time gardening plant, available to Rank 1 and above gardeners. It takes a medium plot of soil. Although a Rank 1 plant, you will normally find the harvesting rewards are much better than any other Level 1 plant. However, it does take a bit more work too. That's pretty well indicated if you put your cursor over the tree - that's a lot of Reward icons!

Thank you gamma I was finally able to purchase the tree. Now what do I do? It's in my back pack and I can't figure out how to plant it? Is there a button I'm missing in order to transfer the tree into the soil? I am apparently missing something. Help, again? Thank you

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
dragoon237 wrote:
Gamma wrote:

Thank you gamma I was finally able to purchase the tree. Now what do I do? It's in my back pack and I can't figure out how to plant it? Is there a button I'm missing in order to transfer the tree into the soil? I am apparently missing something. Help, again? Thank you

first, you need to have a medium pot. u can place it like any other furniture item. or, if you have a castle and wish to put it outside, use the medium soil spell, found when u click on the icon next to the one with the furniture, were you want it. now , on the some icon with the spell, the seed should be in there and simply place it in the pot or in the prepared soil. plz note that the soil spell will NOT work indoors.
Heather wildflame lvl 17 pyromacer, rank one gardener.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1) Find a nice place in your house's garden and use a dig spell to dig the correct size plot. (In the gardening mode, if you click on the seed icon, you will see which seeds you have. If you wand on them, you will see the requirements....size of plot, enchanted soil or not, likes and dislikes.)

2) Use the dig spell you need for the seed, and click to the soil where you want to plant it (it is like placing an item in your house).

3) Click on the seed then to the plot, and deposit the seed there (again, like placing an item in your house/dorm).

4) The seed will grow over time.

5) If you only have a dorm room, you will have to buy a pot. The cheapest are found from Farley.

Note 1: Buy the enchanted pot, as when you get to higher levels you will be able to use the more exotic seeds in them, and enchanted soil may be used instead of normal soil (but not the other way around).

Note 2: There are household items that will cause plants to grow faster. Use these till the plant gets to mature, then remove them to maximize harvests. You should be able to get 7 normal harvests plus an elder harvest from the Giving Tree. One tree should take you to 7th gardening level.

Note 3: There is a ton of good advice on Gardening over on Wizard101 Central.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
mine was more like a bush than a tree.
and it died too quickly for being a crown item

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
hobi wrote:

yep. agreed.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
ajsvid wrote:
hobi wrote:

yep. agreed.

Wow, I got 7 standard harvests plus an elder harvest out of mine.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
One of the first plants i planted was a giving tree. It was exceptional and helped me QUICKLY raise in experience at it gives you 300 xp per harvest I got about 7- 10 harvest. i thought it was strange but the giving tree are fairly easy to raise and it gives a lot of rewards.

You may want to buy seeds before they run out because while the tree does tend to give you seeds it does not always.

Level 9 gardener.

Defender
May 17, 2009
OMG the giving tree is epic! It gives you black, regular, and golden pearls and lots of gardening exp and sandstone and sunstone and when my bro had to elder giving trees he harvested both of them and they each gave him a Hambrosia! That's a snack that gives your pet 50 experience!