Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mean Grandmasters!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
StormWizard1201 wrote:
I never trusted a Grandmaster.
EVER. AGAIN.

Gee, thanks. And here I help out a lot of ppl. I just don't like it when folks start using me to do their quests for them, or get them to worlds they wouldn't otherwise have access to.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
Cranky old aunt again. I can't abide the mean spirited regardless of age, race, rank or level. I adore enthusiastic children, (and adults). My goal is to help the beginners realize that they don't need to panic. Panic creates reaction, not positive action. I was recently accosted by a character that I can only compare to a panhandler. “Will you be my friend? Do you have lots of coins? Will you buy me a pack of cards or a pony?” Excuse me. I’m out of here. Delete. I worry about young ones who could be bullied or intimidated. I’m old. I’ve been intimidated by the best, so lots of luck with me. Leave the kids alone!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
NOZ261 wrote:
ic0517 wrote:
Anything less than 60 is a noob.

dude not nice :( :( :? :x

its SUPER nice LOL

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Yup, yup, and yup.

I guess I'm a cranky mom, but it makes me MAD when a legendary hurts my young wizard's feelings.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist, level 58

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
I appreciate what you all had to say on my post But I also have to say my definition of noob (Like one poster pointed out)
A NOOB is someone who joins battle and flees.
A NOOB is inpolite.
A NOOB steals traps and feints.
But of course there is another type of noob.
A NOOB is a person that is new and confused.
But lets remember that this is a post about Grandmasters not noobs.
Any more comments

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
Unfortunately, this is something all wizards under lvl 50 have heard at least once. The reaction I find that best quiets arrogant comments and name-calling is to be nonchalant. Everyone would secretly love to have a sharp come-back and a heated discussion with mean high-leveled wizards, but the truth is that if you keep your cool, then it's the most effective way to put out their fire. It may seem a little anti-climatic, but trust me, keeping level-headed makes you feel better and it denies the higher-leveled wizard of wanted attention. Also, the site states that reporting kids just for being rude is not a valid reason to report...if the kid starts using foul language or starts becoming genuinely cruel, then you have the right to report. Good luck! :D

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
I'm far from being a Grandmaster, but I really enjoy doing what I can for people/ players. I've opened my mouth and said things that might have been construed as unkind, but I hope to be forgiven. Emma, if you pick this up, I'm sorry for commenting on your hat. The bear head really didn't go with the beautiful dress. Come on, K.I. can't we be fashonable? Sorry, Emma. Please forgive me.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
I know i feel the same way! :( I remember when lvl fiftys called me a noob i felt terrible. Brianna Lvl Fifty One Grand Master Of Fire And School Of The Sun.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
O: this happened to me once... when i was just doing stuff in triton ave. some kid joined my battle. i wanted to be alone so i said plz flee, he called me a noob. so i said "well i happen to be level 22 and you are level 6 so technically your the noob" then he called me something that should be left out of this post anyways the fact is if they call you a noob or newb you should have the right to call them noob back but im not trying to encourage you to go call ppl noobs no matter what level so if they call you a noob there happens to be an ignore button and report button (members only)

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Jackerson wrote:
O: this happened to me once... when i was just doing stuff in triton ave. some kid joined my battle. i wanted to be alone so i said plz flee, he called me a noob. so i said "well i happen to be level 22 and you are level 6 so technically your the noob" then he called me something that should be left out of this post anyways the fact is if they call you a noob or newb you should have the right to call them noob back but im not trying to encourage you to go call ppl noobs no matter what level so if they call you a noob there happens to be an ignore button and report button (members only)

calling someone a noob is NOT a reportable offense. if you go around reporting ppl that call you a noob YOU will be banned for so many false reports.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
An entire post whining about being called a noob? Really? It's called Ignore.

This is NOT about being called a noob. It is about Mean Grandmasters.

Oh really? Then why do your complaints include higher level wizards calling others noobs? More importantly, why did you start your thread with an anecdote on your unsavory encounter with Maguses when the title in "Mean Grandmasters"? This most definitely is about being called a noob. Here is my advice: get over it. It's not a question of level; it's a question of the kind of person behind the wizard, and they come in all kinds of personalities. Some nice; some mean. You just need to ignore the mean ones and befriend the nice ones.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
I think the grandmaster people who call younger wizards noobs are the real noobs, the people who do that were all beginner wizards at one time, so really, if they think younger wizards are noobs, they were once noobs too. if i ever see strong wizards call newer wizards noobs, i will stand up for the newer wizards, and whoever see's this message should do the same. there are some wizards that are noobs but they do rude things, the actuall noobs on wizard 101 are not the newer wizards but they are the wizards who call other people noobs, flee from battles for no good reason, refuse to help anyone they see, even there friends (every wizard does that from time to time, its bad when they never help people but get mad when someone wont help them). i feel bad for anyone whos been called a noob. i have two wizards one new one and one grandmaster, so anyone who calls me a noob or other people a noob, say it to my grandmaster. i will fight you in my house cause i have that feature, and i wont show mercy.

i hope this has been helpful, please reply whatever you have to say, and if you want to be my friend( i'm like always online so i am very reliable), look for mark thunderheart(riding a blue dragon) or aaron dragonsong(might be riding a gryphon) and if my list is full when you ask just say the words, dragons are awesome, or if you dont have open chat just say "i like your pet" two times then say "your welcome", and if you want to know where i will be, i will wait five minutes at three o'clock p.m central(if i am online which i usually am), ill be in the life school and in the realm wu so if you want to be my friend, follow these instructions, also, tell me the names of wizards(in a reply) that call you a noob and if i see them ill give them a peice of my mind

please reply! thx for your time :)

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
As a legendary, I try to be nice to people who need my help. I've added folks on who requested. I'm happy to help when I can, but when my new friend keeps requesting my assistance and won't take no for an answer, or keeps asking for my help when they just said they didn't need me, or when they don't hold up their promise to help me when I need it, then I usually just put them on my ignore list, which usually deletes them off my list. I gave some unsolicited advice (based on personal experience) the other day to a new necromancer, and he told me it wouldn't work, which I found to be absurd, because it worked many, many, many times for my GM necromancer and my two Legendary necromancer friends. Then he went on to insult me. I just changed realms without another word. I wasn't rude to him in the least.

It would be nice if players didn't have to take out their anger and frustration on the players around them. But being human, they do. The trick is to not get mad at them, and don't let it get to you.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
An entire post whining about being called a noob? Really? It's called Ignore.

This is NOT about being called a noob. It is about Mean Grandmasters.

Oh really? Then why do your complaints include higher level wizards calling others noobs? More importantly, why did you start your thread with an anecdote on your unsavory encounter with Maguses when the title in "Mean Grandmasters"? This most definitely is about being called a noob. Here is my advice: get over it. It's not a question of level; it's a question of the kind of person behind the wizard, and they come in all kinds of personalities. Some nice; some mean. You just need to ignore the mean ones and befriend the nice ones.

Well said, samurai....

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
i get called a noob allot but i just hide my anger but my mom always says if i have prob with kids at school she says just ignore them and that has always helped me out with wizard101 and at school and with everyone :)

Destiny DeathBlade, Myth Wizard

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
When my Pyromancer reaches level 56 I decided to make a Necromancer. So I made an account and trained my Necromancer. Then in Firecat Alley I saw a duel with a couple of Magus'. I joined them and said 'Hi'. The Magus immediately shot back by calling me a 'noob'. I was offended. Then he called me 'weak'! We were all new players, and we all used to be a bit weak!

I have also noticed this from the Grandmasters. I was on my Pyromancer just standing around when I saw a couple of Masters and Grands laughing and calling the low-levelers 'noobs'. Just because we are higher leveled doesn't mean we have the right to tease them. Even though they can annoy us doesn't mean we attack right back! They are new to the game - they want to explore the game and adjust. Please post what you think. You can disagree or agree!
i think your right just because us grands and legendarys are higher in lvl dont mean would should tease low levels

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Yeah, I also hate how text chatters tease the menu chatters! I remember when I was menu chat - everyone was talking in dots. But when I got text chat I saw swearing and horrible jokes.
Wait a second, I'm a menu chat person so whenever I see people saying "..." on the screen it actually means swearing and people saying "noob"? Thanks for the clarification Igloogirl3, because everywhere I go, whether it's The Commons or Celestia, I see people saying "..." all over the place.
Ethan Iceblood lvl.33 life wizard

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Yeah, I also hate how text chatters tease the menu chatters! I remember when I was menu chat - everyone was talking in dots. But when I got text chat I saw swearing and horrible jokes.

its even worse with open chat, trust me.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
dragonSSO wrote:
I think the grandmaster people who call younger wizards noobs are the real noobs, the people who do that were all beginner wizards at one time, so really, if they think younger wizards are noobs, they were once noobs too. if i ever see strong wizards call newer wizards noobs, i will stand up for the newer wizards, and whoever see's this message should do the same. there are some wizards that are noobs but they do rude things, the actuall noobs on wizard 101 are not the newer wizards but they are the wizards who call other people noobs, flee from battles for no good reason, refuse to help anyone they see, even there friends (every wizard does that from time to time, its bad when they never help people but get mad when someone wont help them). i feel bad for anyone whos been called a noob. i have two wizards one new one and one grandmaster, so anyone who calls me a noob or other people a noob, say it to my grandmaster. i will fight you in my house cause i have that feature, and i wont show mercy.

i hope this has been helpful, please reply whatever you have to say, and if you want to be my friend( i'm like always online so i am very reliable), look for mark thunderheart(riding a blue dragon) or aaron dragonsong(might be riding a gryphon) and if my list is full when you ask just say the words, dragons are awesome, or if you dont have open chat just say "i like your pet" two times then say "your welcome", and if you want to know where i will be, i will wait five minutes at three o'clock p.m central(if i am online which i usually am), ill be in the life school and in the realm wu so if you want to be my friend, follow these instructions, also, tell me the names of wizards(in a reply) that call you a noob and if i see them ill give them a peice of my mind

dude lower lvls ARE noobs. not grands. plus i'm a higher lvl on most of my wizards so i probably WONT look for you.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Orbit100 wrote:
i get called a noob allot but i just hide my anger but my mom always says if i have prob with kids at school she says just ignore them and that has always helped me out with wizard101 and at school and with everyone :)

hide your anger???????????? if someone is looking for i fight with me i dont back down. first im always with at least 1 friend. my friends always give me good advice or sometimes if the bullies are messing with both of us we try to calm each down. second i do try not to get into fights but you know it happens. also if it happens every day you cant ignore it you gotta do something about it.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Orbit100 wrote:

you do know that the bullies bully ppl they know wont do anything about it. you should NEVER ignore it unless its just a friendly joke, then you just laugh and say something back.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Like i said on a couple threads... your a noob depending in which level you are.

level does NOT determine if your a "noob" or not. i would stop calling people noob if i were you, daniel thunderflame, because you never know which people have higher level wizards and decided to create newer ones because they got tired of doing nothing else than farming and pvp once they completed the game. anyone who calls others "noob" is a noob themselves because they call others names like little babies. while noob means you are new to something, i also think it means you are immature, which is what people are when they make fun of others.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
kaleeraisen wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Like i said on a couple threads... your a noob depending in which level you are.

level does NOT determine if your a "noob" or not. i would stop calling people noob if i were you, daniel thunderflame, because you never know which people have higher level wizards and decided to create newer ones because they got tired of doing nothing else than farming and pvp once they completed the game. anyone who calls others "noob" is a noob themselves because they call others names like little babies. while noob means you are new to something, i also think it means you are immature, which is what people are when they make fun of others.

very true :D

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
dragonSSO wrote:

dude lower lvls ARE noobs. not grands. plus i'm a higher lvl on most of my wizards so i probably WONT look for you.

lower lvl wizards are not noobs. i'm sure you wouldn't like it if you were called a noob. why do you have to call them noobs, they are not bad wizards, and they cant just start half way through the game. all wizards have to be new wizards at one time, so calling them noobs isnt very nice. can you stop calling them noobs, its really disrespectful. if they never did anything to you then you shouldn't call them noobs. if they do something to you like insult you but not because they just started playing wizard 101.

p.s. if your gonna quote me, dont say things like that.

p.s.s. i dont want to be friends with someone who bullies lower lvl wizards

- mark thunderheart, legendary pyromancer

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
dragonSSO wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
dragonSSO wrote:

lower lvl wizards are not noobs. i'm sure you wouldn't like it if you were called a noob. why do you have to call them noobs, they are not bad wizards, and they cant just start half way through the game. all wizards have to be new wizards at one time, so calling them noobs isnt very nice. can you stop calling them noobs, its really disrespectful. if they never did anything to you then you shouldn't call them noobs. if they do something to you like insult you but not because they just started playing wizard 101.

p.s. if your gonna quote me, dont say things like that.

p.s.s. i dont want to be friends with someone who bullies lower lvl wizards

- mark thunderheart, legendary pyromancer

Well done mark Thunderheart.