Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mean Grandmasters!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Like i said on a couple threads... your a noob depending in which level you are.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
An entire post whining about being called a noob? Really? It's called Ignore.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Firefan02 wrote:
Just a thought for all of you....the problem is not with Grands. What you are describing here is a player thing. The wizards level has nothing to do with it. The wizard is merely pixels on a screen. The human controlling the wizard gives it's personality.

I am sick of all this bashing. You are dealing with real live people on this game with all their faults and good things. You need to understand that and quit blaming wizards of any level. You are simply seeing people at their worst.

Megan

Megan I love your comments and I TOTALLY agree on this one! We must also remember - these are real live players. Some can be real Cyberbullies.
So If you ever meet one I do reccomend:
1. Walking away.
2. Reporting then walking away.
3. Saying that wasnt nice.

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

That being said, while it was not nice of them to call you a noob, they were probably doing a Marleybone quest, and didn't need a Low Level jumping into their battle when they may have been ready for the kill and making them have to wait an extra round by drawing in another enemy. You also did not state whether you asked to join their battle, so I'm assuming you did not, and thus you got a rude welcome for your rudeness of just Jumping in.

It's just silly to say that a wizard must ask before jumping into every street battle. The game is meant to be a collaborative game. If it was meant as a solo game, every battle would be in a little private room.

Oh, and this "ask for my permission before entering my battle" thing is getting worse. Yesterday, my level 57 life wizard was in CL with a friend. My friend was caught in a battle where there were other wizards. One of them called my friend a "mute", and then started cursing at both of us for joining "HIS" battle. It wasn't his battle. IT IS A GROUP GAME. That's why there are four sigils in every battle circle, instead of one.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist, Level 57
Rowan Earthsong, Sorceress, Level 53
Scarlet Ravensong, Pyromancer, Level 50
Alexandria Dreamwalker, Conjuress, Level 18
Moira Shadowmancer, Necromancer, Level 5

Though I agree with you that this is meant to be a game where people work together, I disagree about it being "silly" to ask before joining a battle. I've experienced these people and they are easily avoidable if you be "silly" and ask before joining. Some of the people in the game want to solo as much as they can. If you join their battle, there's no way you could have known they wanted to be alone, right? WRONG. I know that "muted" people can't ask to join a battle, but KI really should add: "May I please join your battle?" to the menu chat list. That way, at least some people could ask, who otherwise couldn't have known whether they could join or not. Just my two cents.

Alex Dragonbreaker Legendary Storm (60)
Jacob Stormhunter Master Balance (44)
Cameron Lifespear Adept Life (25)
Aaron Skullspear Initiate Death (14)
Ian Icebringer Apprentice Ice (9)
Flint Firefist Apprentice Fire (7)

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Firefan02 wrote:
Just a thought for all of you....the problem is not with Grands. What you are describing here is a player thing. The wizards level has nothing to do with it. The wizard is merely pixels on a screen. The human controlling the wizard gives it's personality.

I am sick of all this bashing. You are dealing with real live people on this game with all their faults and good things. You need to understand that and quit blaming wizards of any level. You are simply seeing people at their worst.

Megan

Megan I love your comments and I TOTALLY agree on this one! We must also remember - these are real live players. Some can be real Cyberbullies.
So If you ever meet one I do reccomend:
1. Walking away.
2. Reporting then walking away.
3. Saying that wasnt nice.

if ppl were gonna cyber-bully u the would do it on facebook or something. NOT in a kidfriendly game cause then they would be much of a bully if its mostly just little kids. o and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

I no rite....... btw you do realize that when i try to look up your famous post, it says it doesnt exist

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
I'm sorry, I doubt this is still being read but I have to say this. Being called a noob is like being called a player in any, and I mean ANY online game. Every one makes mistakes and if you honestly can not take it, then I would suggest not playing any more. This game does a really good job at keeping insults to a minimum, by limiting our speech (which bothers me to NO end) and I honestly do not understand how the ONE word we can use to tell someone off is so offensive. People like that would not last one second on 4chan, or WoW. I'd really hate to see them on Xbox live. I guess the 2LDR version is....get over it.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
milo10000 wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

That being said, while it was not nice of them to call you a noob, they were probably doing a Marleybone quest, and didn't need a Low Level jumping into their battle when they may have been ready for the kill and making them have to wait an extra round by drawing in another enemy. You also did not state whether you asked to join their battle, so I'm assuming you did not, and thus you got a rude welcome for your rudeness of just Jumping in.

It's just silly to say that a wizard must ask before jumping into every street battle. The game is meant to be a collaborative game. If it was meant as a solo game, every battle would be in a little private room.

Oh, and this "ask for my permission before entering my battle" thing is getting worse. Yesterday, my level 57 life wizard was in CL with a friend. My friend was caught in a battle where there were other wizards. One of them called my friend a "mute", and then started cursing at both of us for joining "HIS" battle. It wasn't his battle. IT IS A GROUP GAME. That's why there are four sigils in every battle circle, instead of one.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist, Level 57
Rowan Earthsong, Sorceress, Level 53
Scarlet Ravensong, Pyromancer, Level 50
Alexandria Dreamwalker, Conjuress, Level 18
Moira Shadowmancer, Necromancer, Level 5

Though I agree with you that this is meant to be a game where people work together, I disagree about it being "silly" to ask before joining a battle. I've experienced these people and they are easily avoidable if you be "silly" and ask before joining. Some of the people in the game want to solo as much as they can. If you join their battle, there's no way you could have known they wanted to be alone, right? WRONG. I know that "muted" people can't ask to join a battle, but KI really should add: "May I please join your battle?" to the menu chat list. That way, at least some people could ask, who otherwise couldn't have known whether they could join or not. Just my two cents.

Alex Dragonbreaker Legendary Storm (60)
Jacob Stormhunter Master Balance (44)
Cameron Lifespear Adept Life (25)
Aaron Skullspear Initiate Death (14)
Ian Icebringer Apprentice Ice (9)
Flint Firefist Apprentice Fire (7)

If a wizard wants to solo, s/he can always go to a "Perfect" realm. Really, expecting to have a street fight all to oneself in a crowded realm is very silly, indeed.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist, Level 58

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Panda9928 wrote:
This might not be reportable ( :( I WANT IT TO BE REPORTABLE ) but that doesnt mean you can do it! I might be a grandmaster but when I was like a level two or something and a grandmaster walked up to me and this is what happened:

Grandmaster: Oh hai Katherine Noobsong!

Me: Noob is no longer an insult

Grandmaster: Says who?

Me: The dictionary! Noob means new person it comes from the word n00b used in the military ( i think )

Grandmaster: BOOK WORM!

Me: Well that explains why I always get good grades :D

Grandmaster: :P

Me: :P is no longer an insult :D BYE :D

That's basically what happened! NO MORE NOOBS! Wait no, noobs are new players, HI NEW PLAYERS :D :D :D :D MERRY CHRISTMAS

I would of went like this:
Grand: hello noob!
Me: Hi! How are you?
Grand: You are weak.
Me: Thank you. *walk away*

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Also I hate the grands that hang in the commons and tease little wizards. Well, this is Wizard City, the first world, what do you expect to see?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
I no rite....... btw you do realize that when i try to look up your famous post, it says it doesnt exist

Yeah, it was deleted by the moderators for some reason. On the topic at hand, being called a noob should be ruled "general rudeness" and not be reportable. The people that have to sift through and determine the consequence of each report have enough to worry about!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Yeah, it was deleted by the moderators for some reason. On the topic at hand, being called a noob should be ruled "general rudeness" and not be reportable. The people that have to sift through and determine the consequence of each report have enough to worry about!

I no rite! Finally something we both agree on... LOL

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

This is NOT about being called a noob. It is about Mean Grandmasters.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
ic0517 wrote:
Anything less than 60 is a noob.

no anything less than 50 is a noob

oh my god, it doesnt matter! we were all low levels once, so be quiet! it doesn't matter if i'm level six, or level sixty! we are all people, just with diffrent amounts of diffrent spells and restrictions! being a higher level than someone doesnt give you a right to be mean, just a right to be a higher level!

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
Panda9928 wrote:
This might not be reportable ( :( I WANT IT TO BE REPORTABLE ) but that doesnt mean you can do it! I might be a grandmaster but when I was like a level two or something and a grandmaster walked up to me and this is what happened:

Grandmaster: Oh hai Katherine Noobsong!

Me: Noob is no longer an insult

Grandmaster: Says who?

Me: The dictionary! Noob means new person it comes from the word n00b used in the military ( i think )

Grandmaster: BOOK WORM!

Me: Well that explains why I always get good grades :D

Grandmaster: :P

Me: :P is no longer an insult :D BYE :D

That's basically what happened! NO MORE NOOBS! Wait no, noobs are new players, HI NEW PLAYERS :D :D :D :D MERRY CHRISTMAS

exactly. just use their insults against them. if someone calls you a noob, say something like, " oh, you know its national noob month too? sweet!" it steels their thunder and makes them look stupid. just think of them as bullies, and use what they say against them.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Also I hate the grands that hang in the commons and tease little wizards. Well, this is Wizard City, the first world, what do you expect to see?

its ppl over 58 that hang in the commons. ppl under that lvl are usually doing quest to get to that lvl. we dont tease little wiz and if we did they wouldnt be able to stop it cause reporting us makes us more mad. IGNORE IT!!!!!!!!!!! newbie means new comer and noob can also be used for a sore loser or someone with no skills

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
When my Pyromancer reaches level 56 I decided to make a Necromancer. So I made an account and trained my Necromancer. Then in Firecat Alley I saw a duel with a couple of Magus'. I joined them and said 'Hi'. The Magus immediately shot back by calling me a 'noob'. I was offended. Then he called me 'weak'! We were all new players, and we all used to be a bit weak!

I have also noticed this from the Grandmasters. I was on my Pyromancer just standing around when I saw a couple of Masters and Grands laughing and calling the low-levelers 'noobs'. Just because we are higher leveled doesn't mean we have the right to tease them. Even though they can annoy us doesn't mean we attack right back! They are new to the game - they want to explore the game and adjust. Please post what you think. You can disagree or agree!
i have seen grandmasters in pvp using clothing to lower their health to like 600 and then that puts them against people like me who are lvl 35

Explorer
Feb 24, 2010
kaleeraisen wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:
When my Pyromancer reaches level 56 I decided to make a Necromancer. So I made an account and trained my Necromancer. Then in Firecat Alley I saw a duel with a couple of Magus'. I joined them and said 'Hi'. The Magus immediately shot back by calling me a 'noob'. I was offended. Then he called me 'weak'! We were all new players, and we all used to be a bit weak!

I have also noticed this from the Grandmasters. I was on my Pyromancer just standing around when I saw a couple of Masters and Grands laughing and calling the low-levelers 'noobs'. Just because we are higher leveled doesn't mean we have the right to tease them. Even though they can annoy us doesn't mean we attack right back! They are new to the game - they want to explore the game and adjust. Please post what you think. You can disagree or agree!

i definetly agree with you. being a higher level DOESNT mean you get to boss others around. being a grand or master level doesnt have anything to do with being wiser or better than anyone else. i bet that lower levels can be older people who know how to act with a little something called MANNERS! while master/grand levels could be ten year olds. remember wizards of the Spiral, its not about the level, its about the attitude.

your completely 101% percent correct

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Like i said on a couple threads... your a noob depending in which level you are.

no Daniel,
noobs are inconsiderate players no matter what level they are.
a noob will jump in to a fight and use your combo set up
on a very low level spell which cost you in both time
and some times gold or even worse crowns. and not care about it
a noob will continually flash that i wanna be friend dialog box up
after you have said no then whine and pester you about it.
a noob will pester you to gift them stuff knowing it cost real money to do so because they do not want to or will not spend their own money on items.
a noob will want you the higher level to fight their battles for them so they dont have to die or spend time learning how to play the game.
a noob will be your friend only to wait till you have almost completed a fight then jump in to get some victory spoils.

so to you or anyone who has done these things ..
take it from a long .long time gamer these are the basic definitions of a noob or n00b. any way it is spelled it the same 733t speek

if the word is Newb it means some new to the game
and a newbie or newby it means they need help learning to play the game.
think twice before you use the wrong spelling

and lower levels (LL) are just that lower levels neither good nor bad.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
hobi wrote:

no Daniel,
a noob will pester you to gift them stuff knowing it cost real money to do so because they do not want to or will not spend their own money on items.
a noob will want you the higher level to fight their battles for them so they dont have to die or spend time learning how to play the game.
a noob will be your friend only to wait till you have almost completed a fight then jump in to get some victory spoils.

take it from a long .long time gamer these are the basic definitions of a noob or n00b. any way it is spelled it the same 733t speek

Great post.
And in response to OP, I have 8 chars ranging from level 55 to level 7, and I sometimes get called noob by higher levels on ALL chars i play, as soon they see my level. (Until they get in battle with me and see my awesome gameplay, lol..) Like the previous poster stated, a noob is basically an inconsiderate, rude player. As for the meanness of grands? It's across the board, I see if from all level wizards, not just grands. I just ignore and leave, simple as that. I'm sorry that they hurt your feelings, but, srsly, this place is tame compared to other online games.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
hobi wrote:

no Daniel,

I made a mistake and forgot to edit it..... but what you say is true

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
Me i get called a noob in pvp. One time when my storm was like lvl 39 or 44 i pvp'd in practice a little bit and i got paired up with a lvl 50 balance (before the level cap update and celesta and stuff). She won then said : "haha noob you soak". I said: wow nice language (not really it was mean lol) she said:'i am lvl 50 your lvl 40 hahahahahahhahahahah NOOOOOOOOB". (she had open chat) I forgot what her name was same happened on all my other wizards.anyway she just cursed at me but i reported her then she reported me back.She will get suspended 4 that

Padric WildBane:50 grandmaster (not a mean grand like them)

Steven LionBreeze: lvl 28 was almost a veteran(Balance school with judge)

Fred DarkSpear lvl 6 Death

Steven Legend lvl 5 Ice

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
one of the easiest ways to avoid this is when you see it ignore them and then go to a less populated realm.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Speaking of clothing...
This guy asked if I wanted to farm Malistaire I said sure so he added me (Sometimes I dont check the level) and I went and stood on the sigil and he said he would port in. So I looked at his level and it was like i dunno... around level 16-30?
This makes me confused :(