Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Taunt

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
I noticed that minions use taunt a lot, and the lvl 58 ice spell has taunt. But, what does taunt do in pvp?

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Well... the players in PvP ignore the taunt, so its almost worthless. But Snow Angel and other taunts are really good in normal monster battles. They go after the user while the others attack without having to heal alot.

Defender
May 25, 2009
Taunt is basically making the opponent go after the player who taunted. If there is a 2v2, and one is a powerful Wizard preparing for a big attack, the other Wizard on his or her team will taunt the enemies, leaving the Wizard going to make the big attack alone so he can finish them. Got it?

Signed,
Anthony Ghosthunter, Legendary Theurgist

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
saphirathedragon wrote:
Taunt is basically making the opponent go after the player who taunted. If there is a 2v2, and one is a powerful Wizard preparing for a big attack, the other Wizard on his or her team will taunt the enemies, leaving the Wizard going to make the big attack alone so he can finish them. Got it?

Signed,

no i dont understand how does the taunt work in pvp? in pvp people dont have to attack the taunter, so how does it work?

Defender
May 25, 2009
chrone811 wrote:
saphirathedragon wrote:

Signed,

no i dont understand how does the taunt work in pvp? in pvp people dont have to attack the taunter, so how does it work?

Hmm, thats what it does out of PvP, why would it change in PvP? If thats not the case then sorry, i'm not really sure.

Signed,

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Why is it noone can answer my question? this is my question: How does taunt work in PVP?

Administrator
chrone811 wrote:
Why is it noone can answer my question? this is my question: How does taunt work in PVP?

In short: Taunt Doesn't Work against other people.

Taunt is only effective on the creatures of the Spiral. Taunt works by taunting the creatures to attack you. Creatures of the Spiral are weak minded and easily fall for such deception. Since players can choose to ignore taunts, they do not work in PvP.

Defender
May 25, 2009
Roland SilverHeart wrote:
chrone811 wrote:

In short: Taunt Doesn't Work against other people.

Taunt is only effective on the creatures of the Spiral. Taunt works by taunting the creatures to attack you. Creatures of the Spiral are weak minded and easily fall for such deception. Since players can choose to ignore taunts, they do not work in PvP.

Thanks, that really helped.
Roland, I have q uick question for you. I've heard people talk about "Commander Gear", what is that?