Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 58 Ice Gear to Powerful!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
I did the math , and the ice gear has to high of stat boosts. They give 885 health, 37% resist to all schools, 9% ice acceracy, 28% ice power, and +30 critical and block rating. Can any one tell me why their clothes are so powerful?

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
shaymin57 wrote:
I did the math , and the ice gear has to high of stat boosts. They give 885 health, 37% resist to all schools, 9% ice acceracy, 28% ice power, and +30 critical and block rating. Can any one tell me why their clothes are so powerful?

Ice is the school of health! Sure, life you might think, but Theurgists start off with 480 health whilst Thaumaturges start off with 500! They need the health. Ice is also the school is resist, so they get lots of resist.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
i think that it's because ice wizards may not have as much power as other schools. It's sorta the same way with death. Lots of awesome spells, but they don't do as much damage.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Those stats are the reason ice gear does not come with power pip chance. Just like myth.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Well they have low Power Pip chances, weak attack, weak accuracy...

And unlike Life they don't generally Heal.

So they got to have SOME edge in the game!

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
shaymin57 wrote:
why are you complaining its 'too powerful its its powerful its good

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Ice Gear to powerful? Srsly I love it! it helps me out so much in battles

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
powerful? lol i thought this was weak when i saw it except for the resists but they ice they gotta resists look at storms gear it BEAST xD

Explorer
May 17, 2009
ice attack is kinda weak ( no offense ) so they need more life in a battle

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Yeah yeah, Ice Weak Storm Strong. But we get this due to a very good improvement. Ice is getting stronger I see. Snow Angel is great, and our gear is wonderful! Resist is -37 everything. Just add A Commander Coat and it goes to about -40! Attack 28, but if you get recopies. It may go as high as 34. Health very high, about 3,880. All Critical are 60. That means attack and heals. Critical Block is 30. Which is good, plus resist. So, maybe next new world, we won't get as much. Happy :P

Survivor
Jan 25, 2009
shaymin57 wrote:

what is the items called? i would be really gratefull if you respawn

Survivor
Jan 25, 2009
shaymin57 wrote:

celestian snow (boots, coat, hat) thats what you talking about right?

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
shaymin57 wrote:

Ice is the tanking school. Tanking is much less important in Wizard101 then other games, namely WoW, but basically tanking is keeping "aggro" on the enemies so they attack you instead of your friends. If you do not have extremely high health, as a tank you will die very quickly.

For that reason, playing a tank is very popular in PvP. The large health pool means that, even though the attacks are quite often mediocre, the tank can kill the enemy without dying first. Also for that reason, tanking gear can be seen as ridiculous by pure damage schools, such as storm or fire. The resist is also very important.

Its important to remember that gear is built to fit the appropriate PvE role. I'm not quite sure you are aware of this, but the Storm School lvl 58 set gives around 70% or 80% damage bonus. The Ice school lvl 58 set gives a ton of resist and health. Fair? Not really. But if every school was built the same, the game would be horribly boring.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
when you hit level 58 you are no longer a young wizard and you are now ready for the more powerful spells and clothing

that is unless you didn't bother to learn certain things along the way