Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I the only one who sees this?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Am I the only one who sees a very distinct likeness in attitude and mannerisms between Professor Drake and Professor Snape from Harry Potter? When I saw and talked to Drake for the first time I instantly thought of Snape. Maybe I'm just imagining it. :?

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Definitely! However I would think Snape would be more of a death professor than storms.

Good catch!

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
lol yeah when i read this i just thought "your right", but some how he also reminds me of malistar. well thats my thought but any way well done seeing that! :-)

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
Nope, I mean, there is a resemblance in their attitudes, but according to appearance, Drake is bald, Snape had hair.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
he really does!its true that one has hair then the other dosent though...

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I thought of him as Snape when he made you: a) Get his laundry(?!) and b) sent you with a letter to ask if you could be expelled!!!!!! Man, this guy's annoying.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
It is obvious that cyrus drake is based of professor snape. think about it. CYRUS, Syrius. SNAPE, drake. and if you look around the world of wizard 101, many spoofs can be seen. for one, a unicorn way quest is called "saving private o ryan" which is obviously a spoof of the war movie "saving private ryan". So im pretty sure the developers meant for the resembalance.

Nice eye for noticing it though.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
BurntIce wrote:
It is obvious that cyrus drake is based of professor snape. think about it. CYRUS, Syrius. SNAPE, drake. and if you look around the world of wizard 101, many spoofs can be seen. for one, a unicorn way quest is called "saving private o ryan" which is obviously a spoof of the war movie "saving private ryan". So im pretty sure the developers meant for the resembalance.

Incidentally, it's Severus (or maybe Snivellus, I liked it better) Snape, not Syrius. Sirius Black is nothing like Cyrus Drake.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
TayD wrote:
Definitely! However I would think Snape would be more of a death professor than storms.

Good catch!

Urrrm... Isn't Cyrus Drake a Myth Prof.?

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
i think so they are like twins hear his voice here are some ''o joy another pesky student" and "I thought i locked that door and stuff like that

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
texelf wrote:
I thought of him as Snape when he made you: a) Get his laundry(?!) and b) sent you with a letter to ask if you could be expelled!!!!!! Man, I hate this guy.

How could anybody hate Cyrus Drake? I thought those quest he sent us on were hilarious. But then again, I also dig Severus Snape

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
squeaky1 wrote:
Am I the only one who sees a very distinct likeness in attitude and mannerisms between Professor Drake and Professor Snape from Harry Potter? When I saw and talked to Drake for the first time I instantly thought of Snape. Maybe I'm just imagining it. :?

Nope; Not imagining things. Snape just has more hair and actually likes some of the students, though only Slythern House ones ... heh ...

Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
yes i can definitely see the resemblence maybe thats malistaire and cyrus' long lost twin

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
These are called easter eggs.

Pop culture references are one of the most common form of easter eggs in video games.

I have already seen a ton of them so far and I'm only in the krok area.

Ah here is two I think you guys will enjoy.

In the krokosphynx - Emperor's Retreat. When you go the keymaster, he asks if you are the gate keeper. This is a direct reference from Ghost Busters.

Also Mr. T's famous line (I pity da fool) is used in the Barracks right before you enter the palace.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
87GN wrote:

Pop culture references are one of the most common form of easter eggs in video games.

In the krokosphynx - Emperor's Retreat. When you go the keymaster, he asks if you are the gate keeper. This is a direct reference from Ghost Busters.

Also Mr. T's famous line (I pity da fool) is used in the Barracks right before you enter the palace.

My, ... and I here I thought such business was called .... "Site Gags".... heh

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I'm with snaebra - you just have to love Drake sending you out to get his laundry and then sending you to Ambrose with a request to expell you. Like snaebra, I was always a big Snape fan.

You may notice that a lot of the quest names aretongue in cheek word plays on pop culture. It was done deliberately.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
i totally agree and that is exactly what i thought when i saw him

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Shirasaya wrote:

You may notice that a lot of the quest names aretongue in cheek word plays on pop culture. It was done deliberately.

i also saw a quest called "not in kansas anymore" where you find
Mr. TOTO and the tin man.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
bean696 wrote:
Shirasaya wrote:

i also saw a quest called "not in kansas anymore" where you find
Mr. TOTO and the tin man.

Yeah, and your reward (wait for it!).... Ruby Slippers from a girl named Dorothy ?

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Malistare and cyrues are brothers in one of the quest diego the dueling master tells u so

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
And later on Professor Drake takes you aside (to the Myth tower in private) and talks with you about it...just before he calls you out...

chaoswizard44 wrote:
Malistare and cyrues are brothers in one of the quest diego the dueling master tells u so

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
chaoswizard44 wrote:

I thought there was a slight resemblence.... heh

:(
Update: Due to a lack of money, I had to let my Subscription go; so I'm not able to make new Posts. I have managed to purchase Access Passes for all areas of WC and most of Krok; but until space clears in my budget, I'm only Grinding in WC and Krok, as well as helping new players with hard Quests. I'm also on Wizard 101 Central, with the same Username. Look for me there if you need help with something. Thanx.....

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 41, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")
:(

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
Explorer
May 24, 2009
BurntIce wrote:

Also Cyrus sends you too find Truffula tree leaves. DR. Seuss

Survivor
May 01, 2009
NeoStar wrote:
87GN wrote:

My, ... and I here I thought such business was called .... "Site Gags".... heh