Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I the only one who sees this?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
Captainrex828 wrote:
Yes! Cyrus Drake rhymes with severus snape! So there is a similarity! P.S Long live the boy who lived

Harry Potter!!!!!!!

BTW

Ravenwood sounds a lot like Ravenclaw (what i would be in if i was in hogwarts)

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
squeaky1 wrote:
Am I the only one who sees a very distinct likeness in attitude and mannerisms between Professor Drake and Professor Snape from Harry Potter? When I saw and talked to Drake for the first time I instantly thought of Snape. Maybe I'm just imagining it. :?

Nope! I thought I was the only one at first. I love making new Wizards so I can just hear Cyrus's part :D

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
lavepen wrote:
lol yeah when i read this i just thought "your right", but some how he also reminds me of malistar. well thats my thought but any way well done seeing that! :-)

cyrus drake is malistaire's twin brother
of course he is mean but not evil

Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
squeaky1 wrote:
Am I the only one who sees a very distinct likeness in attitude and mannerisms between Professor Drake and Professor Snape from Harry Potter? When I saw and talked to Drake for the first time I instantly thought of Snape. Maybe I'm just imagining it. :?

dude not imagination... PLAIN TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!if cyrus was in the same
world as snape, and Malistare still exists they would be TRIPLE BROS otherwise know as TRIPLE TROBULE

Alex StarBreeze
lv 46
ice

i creamed Malistare and Cyrus ALONE

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
FallonDreams wrote:
LOL, I noticed it, too! Also, you know how Diego warns Ambrose that Cyrus shouldn't be trusted because he might be helping Malistaire (AKA how everyone tells Dumbledore that Snape is working for Voldemort??) AND Ambrose treats you (well, your wizard, anyway) the way Dumbledore basically treated Harry? Not to mention Gamma the owl ... does Hedwig come to mind? :P Wow ... maybe I'm more of a Harry Potter nerd than I thought ...

-Scarlet Angelbane
Yes, yes you are

Survivor
May 13, 2010
Your Right On The Money!! They Look SOOOO Much alike!! I Thought the same thing!!

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
All I have to say it, THERE ARE A LOT OF SIMMILARITYS.
-Amber Rosepetal

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Hello again....after a few years. To make myself clear on my last post, I actually don't remember why I put "hate". I meant "annoying"....well, at least now anyways. That, and Snape is one of my favorite HP characters :(

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Lol. When I started reading these posts about Harry Potter, I had to get involved (I'm a huge HP fan). Lol, Snape really does act like Cyrus Drake (vice versa) . And BurntIce, how did Sirius Black move into the conversation, or did you mean Severus? And Mindy Pixiecrown in Colossus reminds me of Luna Lovegood! Lol. Rock on Wiz101!

-Anna [Ryan DarkRiver Adept Necromancer]

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
OMG your soo right! i LOVE harry potter and snape was one of my faveorites!! and when i first talk to cyrus and he was all like..another conjuerer wanna be during enrollment i instantly thought of him!..altho dont ya think snape is more death? but yes!!! TOTALY!

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
namac5 wrote:
Xinaed wrote:
I love Cyrus, just like I love Severus. Both are amazing characters in the story lines, both HP and here.

I want to add, that there is a reason Cyrus is Myth, and not Death, much like Snape was Potions, instead of DADA. That reason, is most likely, the same. If you really think about it. Less temptation. Hence Drake's not so nice attitude, and annoyance to pretty much any student interested in the subject.

Has anyone noticed that you are treated like HP from merle ambrose {or as i call him dumbledore} , and lady grey rose is supposed to be like magonnagal (idk if thats spelled right...).

there`s also a quest called "Not in Kansis Anymore!" witch alous you to meet mr.toto tin man and dorthy all from the "wizard of oz" and the quest when you start is called "folow the yellow brick road" creepy huh????

i always though falmea is more like macgonigal, proffesor grey rose is too nice, more like proffessor sprout in Hp

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
TayD wrote:
Definitely! However I would think Snape would be more of a death professor than storms.

Good catch!

Proffeser drake is myth........... i not a big harry potter fan so i dont no

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
now that you mention it, he does remind me of Snape.

but Professor Ambrose reminds me of Dumbledore too hmm...

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
87GN wrote:
These are called easter eggs.

Pop culture references are one of the most common form of easter eggs in video games.

I have already seen a ton of them so far and I'm only in the krok area.

Ah here is two I think you guys will enjoy.

In the krokosphynx - Emperor's Retreat. When you go the keymaster, he asks if you are the gate keeper. This is a direct reference from Ghost Busters.

Also Mr. T's famous line (I pity da fool) is used in the Barracks right before you enter the palace.

Actually you're wrong about easter eggs. The ones in this game are "plays on words"/puns. Easter eggs are actually things placed in a game/program so that when you type a specific word/sentence/string of letters, it opens up a hidden program to do something else. One easter egg I played with was in a tetris type game that if you typed (just an example) "playdoh" the "logs" would turn into different animals shaped like the tetris forms. That is a "true" easter egg.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
Ok everyone just to make it clear Malastare and Cyrus and Bros and Im on collusus blvd. and i wuz thinking this when he asked for something and i returned it i thought "what The Heck Hes a LAZY BUM"

Cameron Firewielder level 13

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
squeaky1 wrote:

I definitely agree. But I think that Malistaire would be more like Snape.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Champion
Jan 27, 2009
TayD wrote:
Definitely! However I would think Snape would be more of a death professor than storms.

Good catch!

Cyrus is myth... The storm teacher is a frog... not sure how you got them mixed up.

Survivor
May 08, 2010
No way, I saw the direct resemblance too.
I personally think he should have been the death teach
My fave teacher is Halestrom Balestrom no offense to my own school, fire!!

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
firedragon1998 wrote:
Ahem, anyone notice Ravenscar AND Ravenclaw? Kingsisle is knovking stuff off! LOL! Kidding!

Blake LionFlame
Grand Pyro

And Ravenwood. And nothing else. I think.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Wow. I thought this part of the message boards for for Wizard City.
Not Harry Potter.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
yeah when i first heard of ravenwood, i thought of ravenclaw. Maybe the w101 faculty members are harry potter fans like me!

Survivor
May 04, 2009
squeaky1 wrote:
professor drake is not the only one that has a simalarity to a character in harry potter. malastaer is like valdamert, meral ambrose is like the head master from harry potter. your own character in the game is like harry potter always trying to save your friends and other wizards. (p.s. i'm not very good with spelling so please try to sound it out if you cant read something)

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
FallonDreams wrote:
LOL, I noticed it, too! Also, you know how Diego warns Ambrose that Cyrus shouldn't be trusted because he might be helping Malistaire (AKA how everyone tells Dumbledore that Snape is working for Voldemort??) AND Ambrose treats you (well, your wizard, anyway) the way Dumbledore basically treated Harry? Not to mention Gamma the owl ... does Hedwig come to mind? :P Wow ... maybe I'm more of a Harry Potter nerd than I thought ...

-Scarlet Angelbane

You say "nerd" like it's a bad thing.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
SpiritGWolf wrote:
87GN wrote:
These are called easter eggs.

Pop culture references are one of the most common form of easter eggs in video games.

I have already seen a ton of them so far and I'm only in the krok area.

Ah here is two I think you guys will enjoy.

In the krokosphynx - Emperor's Retreat. When you go the keymaster, he asks if you are the gate keeper. This is a direct reference from Ghost Busters.

Also Mr. T's famous line (I pity da fool) is used in the Barracks right before you enter the palace.

Actually you're wrong about easter eggs. The ones in this game are "plays on words"/puns. Easter eggs are actually things placed in a game/program so that when you type a specific word/sentence/string of letters, it opens up a hidden program to do something else. One easter egg I played with was in a tetris type game that if you typed (just an example) "playdoh" the "logs" would turn into different animals shaped like the tetris forms. That is a "true" easter egg.

Technically, an "easter egg" is a special, often hard-to-find feature, such as a secret room only accessible by blowing apart a completely random and unmarked wall (that's actually a real example) or checking something for items "x" amount of times (also a "real" easter egg).

Some easter eggs, like the one in a certain racing game that opens a sarcastic announcer (for example, getting in last place will result in "You don't have an inferiority complex; you're just inferior,"), are indeed unlocked by codes. Some, not all.

Back to that ACTUAL TOPIC OF THE THREAD... the original poster is not first and will not be the last to notice the similarity.