Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets=Ultimate Wizard 101 Power?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
Anyone whose seen the advanced pet commercial knows that in the end it says mix and match powers, and that you can grow them into the ultimate wizard 101 power but thats simply not true at all. Sure some pets give rare and powerful abilities but at the most they'll only have 2 useful talents if your lucky, and those talents can't even begin to match the power of any of my other equipment. (And i have over a hundred pets) I'm not exactly sure how you can grow any pet into the ultimate power if you have no control at all whatsoever of what talents they'll manifest. So this is what i propose should be added, there could be an area in hatchery where only talents that the parents already have can be gained by the offspring. And possibly if its worth the time another place where we can choose any 2-4 of the talents will be manifested, and its perfectly understandable if that would cost more gold or even crowns. And no this would not make having the perfect pet too easy cause you'd still have to look around, train, ask, etc. to see where there's a pet that has the exact talents your looking for with high pedigree scores most likely which means you'd need to hatch like around 8 or more times, not to mention having to keep training the offsprings. And i know that this is not beyond any technology available because in the beginning ever pet i hatched ALWAYS, AND I DO MEAN EVERY SINGLE TIME had 2 of its parents' talents, and i know that it wasn't mere coincidence since it happened like 20-30 times. So thats it i think this could truly make that commercial true and give hatching and training pets a whole other meaning other than just trying to get a rare hybrid.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Using terms like "ultimate power" is geared to interest you in the pets thing. There's a word for using things like that in speech. Don't try to interpretate so literally.

Edit: Now I remember, using terms like "ultimate power" means they used triggeer words, but it was not false advertising.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Thing is then that it has potential to be true but in this case its really more commonly referred to as false advertising.

Then please be so kind as to explain just how this can come to be true because it seems kinda hopeless at this point and if it can't be done well then i really do hate to say this but it's in fact false advertising because its impossible to train your pet into the ultimate power.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
my friend and I have started an extensive long-term hatching program between Supportive Wildclaw and Sea Dragons, to try to get Supportive Wildclaws with multiple of the Boost talents, without having it be 'Myth boost' exclusive. We are also trying to get rid of worthless traits like "1 card of Buff Minion". In the end, we will see what we can achieve through our tireless efforts, but I've seen a Life Minotaur with DOUBLE Spell-Proof.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
TheMarksman wrote:
Anyone whose seen the advanced pet commercial knows that in the end it says mix and match powers, and that you can grow them into the ultimate wizard 101 power but thats simply not true at all. Sure some pets give rare and powerful abilities but at the most they'll only have 2 useful talents if your lucky, and those talents can't even begin to match the power of any of my other equipment. (And i have over a hundred pets) I'm not exactly sure how you can grow any pet into the ultimate power if you have no control at all whatsoever of what talents they'll manifest. So this is what i propose should be added, there could be an area in hatchery where only talents that the parents already have can be gained by the offspring. And possibly if its worth the time another place where we can choose any 2-4 of the talents will be manifested, and its perfectly understandable if that would cost more gold or even crowns. And no this would not make having the perfect pet too easy cause you'd still have to look around, train, ask, etc. to see where there's a pet that has the exact talents your looking for with high pedigree scores most likely which means you'd need to hatch like around 8 or more times, not to mention having to keep training the offsprings. And i know that this is not beyond any technology available because in the beginning ever pet i hatched ALWAYS, AND I DO MEAN EVERY SINGLE TIME had 2 of its parents' talents, and i know that it wasn't mere coincidence since it happened like 20-30 times. So thats it i think this could truly make that commercial true and give hatching and training pets a whole other meaning other than just trying to get a rare hybrid.

What? My brain hurts now :P

Explorer
May 17, 2009
And come on you know as well as i do that it can be true. New things are added all the time if enough people agree, and i mean no disrespect or anything this is just an idea afterall and i wanna see who agrees and who disagrees that this could potentially be a great addition to hatching and the game entirely.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I like the idea of being able to choose 2 talents from a parent, but I don't think KI will allow this, unfortunately. They are making too much money on it to change things.

I will say though, it is very possible, with time, energy, and effort, to get a truly powerful pet.

So far, my friend and I have come up with a Polar Cat that has the DragonBlade, with the talents of Spritely, Pierce Train, Spell Proof, and Piercemonger!

Another, has Pip o plenty, spell proof, sure shot, and pain giver!

We have combined them. What we are trying and will eventually get, is
Polar Cat with Spritely, Spell Proof, Pips, and Pierce Train

Although, you can have any of the talents you wish, some see others as more advantageous than others!