Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

bad language

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Some players have called me a birch which i have found out is a bad word and i think it should be blocked from w101 words library.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
chrone811 wrote:
Some players have called me a birch which i have found out is a bad word and i think it should be blocked from w101 words library.

The bad word that they are trying to used IS blocked. They are going around the filter, which is a reportable offense. Just a warning...whenever I see someone going around the filter to curse, I report them.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
chrone811 wrote:

wow like why do you care just ignore them or report them its so easy to deal with and also there are other ways to say that

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I just ignore them if they call me a name, just walk away. All i do is just say "Thank you" and just walk away.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
chrone811 wrote:

wow like why do you care just ignore them or report them its so easy to deal with and also there are other ways to say that

you mean like making capital letters, yea a lot of players do that as well which is also offending. ex. HELLO... Hi jELLO
you see except with cuss words.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
A birch is a common type of tree; possibly most famous for a white-striped bark and a fast growth. Very common in the northern regions of Europe.

Its mere phonetic similarity to another, quite offensive word, is why some people use it for insults. However, the word itself is purely innocent. If all "potentially offensive if used in the proper context and with the correct phonetic similarities" had to be banned, we'd be unable to communicate in any way except hieroglyphics and possibly smokesigns.

It's already impossible to use many combinations of words; even common ones, because some people thought they were hilarious by talking around the filter.

The only thing you can do is to report the people who are obviously abusing the filter (and not merely talking about what trees to decorate their gardens with), and/or put them on Ignore.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Bookshelvings wrote:
A birch is a common type of tree; possibly most famous for a white-striped bark and a fast growth. Very common in the northern regions of Europe.

Its mere phonetic similarity to another, quite offensive word, is why some people use it for insults. However, the word itself is purely innocent. If all "potentially offensive if used in the proper context and with the correct phonetic similarities" had to be banned, we'd be unable to communicate in any way except hieroglyphics and possibly smokesigns.

It's already impossible to use many combinations of words; even common ones, because some people thought they were hilarious by talking around the filter.

The only thing you can do is to report the people who are obviously abusing the filter (and not merely talking about what trees to decorate their gardens with), and/or put them on Ignore.

i see your point and ty for letting me see the brighter side of things.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
chrone811 wrote:
chrone811 wrote:

you mean like making capital letters, yea a lot of players do that as well which is also offending. ex. HELLO... Hi jELLO
you see except with cuss words.

The exact way to handle it! GOOD JOB xD
As for the posters teasers...
If you ever see them again then say:
A birch is a tree. A tree is nature. And nature is beautiful. So THANKS for the compliment!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
i agree if bad words are being or trying to be used just click on them and press ignore and if you want to report them. :D

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
The one word I would like to see KI filter out is "NOOB". This is one of the most offensive words that still exists in their system.

This word does nothing but aggravate everyone. It's time it was removed.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
CoopKoda wrote:
The one word I would like to see KI filter out is "NOOB". This is one of the most offensive words that still exists in their system.

ok noob isnt offensive....

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
CoopKoda wrote:

WELL there would be many ways to get pass it. For exampe NOO Be NEW Bid
ect.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
CoopKoda wrote:

ok noob isnt offensive....

"NOOB" is really a bad player any one calling you a "noob" is most likely a "noob" them self and is not worth the time of day!!

look up the word "NOOB" on the net you may find it funny/fun as to the true meaning. I did :o)
M.RedBlood