Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop Thieves!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2010
I think it should be that each person should only be able to harvest their own seeds. It seems the new criminal thing in this game is to steal from peoples gardens. People that were friends in the past are now becoming enemies. I believe this will eventually lead everyone to want to stop making friends or deleting old friends, for fear of being robbed! That or people stop gardening and this part of the game ends up being a flop. The only other option is for the programmers make it where people must get permission from the home owner each time they want to harvest from a "friend." That way each player, like in real life will know if someone is coming to your house or not before the "guest" can teleport in a home.

Defender
May 27, 2010
uh people cant steal seeds from others and i am quite confused on this topic, but as far as i know, only plants that a person owns can only be harvested or whatever by that person so there's no way this can become a problem or that it ever was a problem

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
that is a new one
how can some one get in your house instance if your not there.
you are the key

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Survivor
May 04, 2010
Hobi, your exactly right...if I'm there. I am!! I will be in my house, when all of a sudden there is a character or more running around. I will initiate a "Hi!" or "hello" and there is no response from the other character(s). They just all of a sudden the other character will stop moving, turn to my character (as if the player is shocked I'm there!) and then they port out - again without addressing any response to my "hello".

When someone ports in using your character, then ignores you....To most people that is a sign of rudeness or shadiness! THIS PROBLEM ONLY STARTED SINCE THE GARDENING OPTION BECAME AVAILABLE! I never had anyone port into my home BEFORE the gardening option, so that is why I think it has to do gardening. NOW REMEMBER KI IS AWARE THAT THIS GAME IS CAPABLE OF "BUGS", SO WHY CAN'T THERE BE A "BUG" IN THE SYSTEM WHERE SOME PEOPLE CAN HARVEST OTHER PEOPLES GARDENS?

Before you go and try to discredit someone, make sure you have thought of all possibilities! If you "dis" someone without explaining to them why they are wrong, then your just a low-level bully. An intelligent person takes the time to nicely explain things, not just make stupid "That person is just wrong!" comments while lacking the ability to calmly explain yourself.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I visited a friend and, just like household items, coun't interact with the plants either.

Explorer
May 20, 2010
OrchidPixie wrote:
I think it should be that each person should only be able to harvest their own seeds. It seems the new criminal thing in this game is to steal from peoples gardens. People that were friends in the past are now becoming enemies. I believe this will eventually lead everyone to want to stop making friends or deleting old friends, for fear of being robbed! That or people stop gardening and this part of the game ends up being a flop. The only other option is for the programmers make it where people must get permission from the home owner each time they want to harvest from a "friend." That way each player, like in real life will know if someone is coming to your house or not before the "guest" can teleport in a home.

Untrue. You cant get into another person's house, unless they are home for you to teleport to them. And you cant harvest someone else's garden. My husband and I just put this to the test, I teleported to him in his home, and I tried to harvest his Honeysickle (he told me it was ready, so we could test this), and it would not let me, then it let him. So people dont need to worry about other people trying to steal their crop.

Survivor
May 19, 2010
We'll after reading the posts on the thread my wife and I desided to test this theory that you can harvest someone elses plants. This reply is to inform you that it is NOT possible to harvest anothers plants. So those that are jumping the gun on this issue can relax and the orginal poster needs to recheck his/her plants for the harvests.
Its the same as no one else can move or take items from your house ever.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Um this sounds like a hoax. I had friends in test and live attempt to harvest my plants at my house to no avail. I have had several people attempt to harvest the giving tree I have with no success, even made sure it was ripe for harvest a few times. If someone actually was able to harvest your plants I would send KI an immediate ticket and demand action.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Survivor
May 04, 2010
kinsella82, READ MY ENTIRE POST...I said I WAS IN MY HOUSE and other characters teleport in. I also said that I NEVER had people port into my home before the gardening ability in this game. So my point was WHY? Why, all of a sudden are people teleporting into my home. I also stated that I did NOT invite anyone into my home yet. I NEVER tell anyone that I am going to my home, I just go there on whim! If I am not telling anyone that I am going to my home, then how would anyone know to teleport in to visit me. Plus, I also said that I acknowledge the person by saying, "Hi!" or "Hello" and that is when they stop running around, and then teleport out. Their behavior causes suspicion.

If I say, "hello" and the other person then does not respond, but instead teleports out immediately...It makes one wonder why someone would teleport to someone else's home and then not want to socialize. HAVE NONE OF YOU EVER HEARD OF THE TERMS "GAME PREDATORS" AND "GAME HACKERS" BEFORE? K.I., the owners of this gamesite, acknowledge that their may be some shady people that play this game. AGAIN, WHY HAD NO ONE TELEPORTED TO MY HOME BEFORE THE GARDENING ABILITY WAS LAUNCHED? (By the way, I never said that anyone was successful at harvesting my plaints. All my plaints are in their baby plant stage, there is nothing to be harvested yet!)

To the other person that tried with his wife to duplicate my issue...Are you not aware that since your wife is NOT a total stranger to you, and you both agree to teleport your characters to each others locations, you are then incapable of duplicating the "suspicious" behavior I am questioning of some other players?

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
OrchidPixie wrote:
kinsella82, READ MY ENTIRE POST...I said I WAS IN MY HOUSE and other characters teleport in. I also said that I NEVER had people port into my home before the gardening ability in this game. So my point was WHY? Why, all of a sudden are people teleporting into my home. I also stated that I did NOT invite anyone into my home yet. I NEVER tell anyone that I am going to my home, I just go there on whim! If I am not telling anyone that I am going to my home, then how would anyone know to teleport in to visit me. Plus, I also said that I acknowledge the person by saying, "Hi!" or "Hello" and that is when they stop running around, and then teleport out. Their behavior causes suspicion.

If I say, "hello" and the other person then does not respond, but instead teleports out immediately...It makes one wonder why someone would teleport to someone else's home and then not want to socialize. HAVE NONE OF YOU EVER HEARD OF THE TERMS "GAME PREDATORS" AND "GAME HACKERS" BEFORE? K.I., the owners of this gamesite, acknowledge that their may be some shady people that play this game. AGAIN, WHY HAD NO ONE TELEPORTED TO MY HOME BEFORE THE GARDENING ABILITY WAS LAUNCHED? (By the way, I never said that anyone was successful at harvesting my plaints. All my plaints are in their baby plant stage, there is nothing to be harvested yet!)

To the other person that tried with his wife to duplicate my issue...Are you not aware that since your wife is NOT a total stranger to you, and you both agree to teleport your characters to each others locations, you are then incapable of duplicating the "suspicious" behavior I am questioning of some other players?

First off anybody on your friends list can see where you are at anytime.
All they have to do is pull your character up on the list and hit go to location. A screen then appears telling them where you are at and if they wish to go to you.

Second unless you have the friends only port option on from the privacy menu, anybody on your friends friend list can port to them at your home

People porting to other peoples homes through friends has been going on since this game began. And quite often they wont say hello they just want to check out the house. Yes its rude but not as sinister as you are making it to
be. Thats why KI added the friends only port option and the boot option to get rid of unwanted guests. And as another post stated if you want no one at your home just turn your port off period when you are there. Problem solved!

Survivor
May 19, 2010
OrchidPixie wrote:

Ok for starters the entire point of the orginal post was to complain about someone stealing your garden harvests.

Secondly,
The issue of other people teleporting to your house is YOUR FAULT. There is an option in the security section of the game to disallow others not your friends to teleport to your house. You dont have to invite anyone. So if you said anything prior to teleporting to your house then EVERYBODY that saw your name up on the chat box can teleport to you even when your at home.

The issue with my orginal post was to disprove your claim that people were stealing the harvests. Which was done successfully.

And with all this hogwash about hackers, the only way to actually cheat is to hack into KI's servers which probably have an auto shut-down if anything is compromised.

Explorer
May 20, 2010
Dude, settle down, its just a game. I read your full post (several times to be exact), and honestly, I think you're over-reacting.

Yes I am fully aware of the implications here, and yes there are some rather sketchy people out there, but for the most part, they usually are stopped. That being said, however, with one of the last updates, they made it so that if you say anything (even so much as "Hi") in the chat, people can then bring up your character (even in battle) and potentially port to you no matter where you are - just limit your home to your friends (its in the "privacy" section of your options) and turn off teleports. Its plausible however, that the other person had come to you with the intention to try and steal your harvest, but when they realized that it could not be done, they left; hence the reason they left.

All my husband and I did was disprove your claim that people could harvest someone else's crop other than their own I think it should be that each person should only be able to harvest their own seeds. It seems the new criminal thing in this game is to steal from peoples gardens because you were freaking some people out with that, and we wanted to make sure people knew that it wasnt possible.

So with that being said, if nothing else has happened since, settle down and enjoy the game.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
Phoenix2891 - I HAD THE "FRIENDS ONLY" OPTION TURNED ON. DUH!!! It is not my fault or any other well intentioned game player's fault that there is not an "off" choice. Actually, there should be two different teleport select options: 1) For in the game play 2) For the homes. I do not mind people teleporting to me while I am playing the game, but one should be able to have a choice of whether they really want people (friends or others) to teleport to their home. This way, if there were two separate options, then no one would have to be offended. No one like me would feel "surprised" to see someone unannounced in the home. And no one, like you, would not be put in an awkward potion to feel offended that someone does not want you in their home unannounced.

I am so sorry that you feel so offended that you had to originally and repeatedly respond in a mean/offended way. I did not mean for anyone in particular to feel offended by my original post that is playing the game fairly. But then again, why if someone that is playing the game fairly, would they feel personally offended? Please take this advice: An honest person has no reason to feel personally offended by my original post, since they know they are honest. Guilty people get easily offended, because they know they are guilty, and they are just trying to cast their offense on to someone else to ease their mind.

I get the feel from your responses to my post that you are not use to someone telling you "no." It may be hard for you to understand, but not everyone likes to have unannounced visitors, whether it family, friends, or strangers. JUST BECAUSE IT IS A GAME, ONE SHOULD NOT FORGET TO USE THEIR MANNERS. ONE SHOULD ALWAYS ASK OR WAIT TO BE INVITED TO TELEPORT, BEFORE JUST TELEPORTING TO A PARTICULAR PERSON. If you do not want to be offended by a friend, then do not put your friend in a potion to offend you!