Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wing Mounts for Gold

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
KingsIsle, I would like it if we could buy the permanent wing mounts with gold. All the permanent mounts are available to buy with gold, with the exception of the new Celestia mounts, the Dream Filly, and the wing mounts. As it goes with the houses and most of the mounts the gold price is 10x the amount of the Crowns price, so it seems 70K would be an appropriate price for the wing mounts. Please post your opinion on the matter.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
PyramidRune wrote:
KingsIsle, I would like it if we could buy the permanent wing mounts with gold. All the permanent mounts are available to buy with gold, with the exception of the new Celestia mounts, the Dream Filly, and the wing mounts. As it goes with the houses and most of the mounts the gold price is 10x the amount of the Crowns price, so it seems 70K would be an appropriate price for the wing mounts. Please post your opinion on the matter.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer

I bought the Crowns-Only wings, but I don't see why they can't just make it buyable with Gold. The Dragon and Tiger mounts are buyable with gold and are much cooler anyway.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Please go back to the FEBRUARY2010 Ravenwood News and read the posts from the 22nd and 24th.
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/news/february2010
for those not wanting to use the link, i'll quote it:
February 22, 2010 wrote:
The Price of Exploiting
Recently players found an exploit that allowed them to unfairly obtain the new winged mounts.

Players who participated in this exploit will have the items removed from their accounts. We will be recovering the item(s) and issuing a credit to the account equal to the gold amount paid. Players may experience disconnects while this inventory recall takes place. Players are welcome to re-purchase the item(s) according to the posted Crown pricing.

If you participated in this exploit, know that we will not tolerate abuse of the systems in place. Using exploits in game is a violation of the Terms of Use and continued exploitation may result in permanent account bans.

February 24, 2010 wrote:
Wings on Bosses
It seems many young Wizards are diligently looking for the new Winged Mounts on the high level bosses of the Spiral.

We've just discovered that they're not dropping at a high enough rate, and we will be adjusting this rate in the future.

Until then, give the poor bosses a break and continue with your adventures in the Spiral. We will let you know when the drop rate has been reset.

To this point, they have not 'let us know' when the drop rate will be reset. I had figured it would have only taken them a month or so, but it's been almost 9 months. In fact, in a week and a day it will have been 9 months to the day.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Yes, we know that a lot of items in the crowns shop are buyable with gold, but it is called the crowns shop for a reason.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010