Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Number use in free chat with out giving info

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I really want to use numbers with people mostly my friends but i dont want to give out any info. I know they are worried about that but is there any way they can check really quick before it is sent. Please comment.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
semasthegreat wrote:
I really want to use numbers with people mostly my friends but i dont want to give out any info. I know they are worried about that but is there any way they can check really quick before it is sent. Please comment.

well if they see the word "i am" then they say a # then KI should block it. if they the word lvl before the # then they should let it out

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I assume that the numbers are disabled to avoid people telling what age they are - though it becomes frustrating when you are trying to figure out how many more enemies or item-drops someone needs for a quest.

Having someone sit and look over the chat would be impossible - Wizard101 is HUGE (10+ million people!), and if all chat that involved numbers was to be moderated, you'd need a literal army of people who'd do nothing more than sit on a chair and read all of your chat, all day and all night.

I would like to see numbers enabled - people manage to talk around it as it is - or at least some option added in menu chat that would let us state numbers. Such as "I need 8 Black Pearls more for my Grizzleheim Kitchen Shelves".