Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

plants-pixies

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
Hey all planters-
I have a pixie flying around one of my plants, is she a pest. I could not remove her with a level 3 spell. O: HELP PLZ
Michelle Thunderhaven

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
I've got green pixies flying around both of my Laugh-o-dils, in my dorm room.

As far as I can tell, they are not harmful.
They did not stop me from harvesting the Laugh-o-dils. My guess is that the pixies are probably a good pest - maybe speeding up growth? That would make sense, as they are healing spellcasters.

I don't remember, but I think they did not prevent Needs.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Pixie is a beneficial pest that aids the growth of your plant. While a plant has a Pixie it cannot be infested with less beneficial pests. With this morning's update, Pixies no longer prevent you from harvesting.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I have one flying around a baby carrot. HOWEVER! My carrot is marked as "LIKES: PIXIE", leaving me to think that this is a result from taking really well care of your plants - or it's a rare event that replaces a pest infestation. Only my carrots like the pixie, though (it works on distances, so although only one plant is "infected", the others like it as well), as my desparagus are indifferent to it.

I'll be monitoring my carrot and seeing if the pixie adds anything - I do like this addition, and hope that my carrot will benefit from this surprisingly benevolent addition.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Probably you've already found out but that Pixie is not a pest. She's something the plants will LIKE.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
ya. i have a fairy around my snap dragon. i came here to find out what it was.
it is not a pest i know that, so i hope it helps.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Okay, my Snapdragon has been infested with a pixie as well, though that one isn't marked as "like". It seems that only SOME plants have a preference for the pixie, while the rest are indifferent to her. However, she is a boon.

The Pixie seems to keep away the plant's needs and pests; the Carrot that was first infested by her hasn't had any needs in 12-hour period, and the Snapdragon that has been most recently infested has only had one need (and presumably, it picked up that one before getting infested).

So, the Pixie is a GOOD random event. I'll still refer to her as a benevolent pest, however. ;)

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
Just recently i found a pixie flying around my young orange dandelion. I think being as pixie is a life spell they fly around plants and prevent pests from going around it while helping the plant grow. They probably love nature and like to lend a helping hand. My rye bread bush enjoys it while my snap dragon doesnt mind. I dont mind either. I shall monitor it while it is there to see if anything else happens.

But there is one thing I wonder.... if there are pixies that help plants, are there possibly some other creatures (other than the bug pests) that actually lower the plants ability to grow? like death pixie or something? Think about it, if there are pixies, possibly some other creature thats not a natural pest could be there..... ugh .... i suffer bad luck a lot i hope my hunch is wrong.....