Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 28, 2010
So recently I decided to open a second account. I did this so I could create a few support wizards for my main account. The first wizard on the second account I made was life. I figured I could use this one to support my other account when fighting.

Here is something I noticed which doesn't seem right.

I started quests and used my Storm Legendary to help. My storm was the one doing all the killing and the life was supporting by healing. Later when I trained elementals and acquired a storm bubble amulet he would support by blading and boosting the storm wizard.

After completing battles, I would notice that the storm wizard would get all sorts of great drops, especially in boss battles, but the life wizard would get hardly anything, and in most cases no gear drops, only snacks and now seeds.

Does this seem fair? Life is typically a support school until you receive Forest Lord and it can really contribute to th e battle in attack mode.

Why is a support school that is assisting all the other wizards being punished by not receiving good drops?

This was not just on a few occasions, this was from Level 4 all the way to Level 48. I would never have known this had I not started the second account, I'm glad I did though and found this out.

This should be fixed and Life and maybe Balance should be reward equally for their efforts in battle and not treated as second class.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
For your next experiment, try starting a new Storm wizard. Use your Life level 48 to help it, with the Life wizard doing most of the attacking. Let us know who gets the better drops.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
Survivor
May 19, 2010
From what I've read (forums and central) and heard the drop rates are based mainly on the pip usage during the battle, so if your life was using blades and traps, most of them are 0 pip spells, and your storm was pumping out the attacks then your storm would get the better gear based on that fact of pip usage.
I have no fact (answers from KI) there of of this theory but from my own experiences it is true, or it seems like it.