Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Charity Drive!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Soo, since there's a new Charity out now...Does this mean that the Meowmodon might make a return to the game? (Assuming the Charity Funds reach a desirable amount of donated money of course)

Oor is the Tree itself the actual 'prize' we are getting for donating?
...Does anyone know how the last charity worked? I am kinda new to this.

When you purchase of a Giving Tree Seed from the Crowns Shop at the price of 2500 Crowns (approximately $5), KingsIsle Entertainment will donate the net proceeds to two children's charities in Texas.

For more information, see this page:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/givemagic

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I like my tree of giving. Best prizes from my harvests so far was a Spring and a Balanceblade treasure card. Oh, and a TON of garden exp. Plus, I must admit that I have a fondness for the present-covered-bush-that-randomly-honks.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
When you purchase of a Giving Tree Seed from the Crowns Shop at the price of 2500 Crowns (approximately $5), KingsIsle Entertainment will donate the net proceeds to two children's charities in Texas.

For more information, see this page:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/givemagic

Well yeah, I know that part, Mr. Zeke. :P

I just want to know about the Meowmodon Mount, which was supposedly given out a while ago to people who donated to a charity. But I am guessing that's a no, we won't be getting another opportunity to obtain this mount.

Well, I guess the tree itself is a pretty cool, if niche'd, item. I may still buy it.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I tried buying a tree but the "buy" sign did not light up. Can I not use my preexisting crowns for this?

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
You should be able to.

For my wizards (even those that have not started Gardening yet), the tree is selectable and (since I have enough crowns) the Buy button is lit up and active.

Do all the other Crown Store items work ok with the BUY button?

Yeah, sounds like no Meowmodon mount this time.
Different charity, different reward.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
When will the tree of giving no longer be available? My daughter wants one, and I don't want to let her know she's getting a gc for xmas, but if the tree is going to be gone right after christmas, I want to go ahead and give her enough crowns to get one.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Still can't buy the giving tree. The "buy" sign won't light up. There are some things in the crown shop I can purchase but others I can't. Is this a problem with the game?

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
The tree its so worth it.... Once its mature, you can harvest it and it will raise you up a gardening rank. and it gave me over 75 gold!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
The tree its so worth it.... Once its mature, you can harvest it and it will raise you up a gardening rank. and it gave me over 75 gold!

If you 'slow grow' your tree for max harvests, you should end up at gardening rank 7 from one Giving Tree.