Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death,Life,Myth attack for Balance

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
many people have continually brought up the idea of a prism for balance
but the problem with this is that currently in game balance has no total opposite
so i thought to compensate for its basic weakness to death,life, and myth it was given a spell sort of like spectral blast but of course instead of fire, ice, and storm it was death, life, and myth.

i believe that they would get it along with their spectral blast spell at the same level
along with this spell it would also get the same ffects for death and myth spells

myth being the weakest would be a double hitter
say 50 initial 300 second hit although this is open for changes
for death it would hit 500 and heal you 250
and for life it would just strike you for maybe 550 or 600 ( we all know life needs a hard hitting spell =P )
for the myth spell its effect would be that
myth energy ( yellow) would start gathering at the center of the dueling circle until forming a large yellow ball in the air then it would blast the target with a small burst of energy for 50 damage then it would concentrate and hit them with the remaining 300 with a blast that looks like the new Ra hit ( with a beam of light hitting the target)

for dark blue energy would gather around the target then pull energy out of their body into the center hitting the 500 then a sort of light again that looks like the Ra attack would hit the caster and heal them for half of the damage

for life life energy ( green) would gather in the center of the duel arena then be absorbed into the ground
then the earth would shake and 2 roots would shoot out of the ground and hit the target

let me know how you feel =)

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
As a balance wizard I really like this idea. When I first chose a balance wizard its because I thought that it would be like a mix off all schools. So i was a little disappointed to find out its not like that. I really like spectral blast so to have it in spirit form would be awesome. And also a reason to have those spirit blades and traps for our own use. Cause lets face it, how often does anyone use their second school in the higher level areas? Instead we get THREE elemental spells. Minion, spectral blast, and Hydra. So why no spirit damage? I would love to get an answer to that one. I would also love to see a prism put in for balance that is random to spirit school damage.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Well, I really like this idea but myth is not the weakest schoool.

Life is, I believe.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
It should be three Pips, and be gained at level 20 through a secret Trainer.

Life: 270 Damage
Myth: 295 Damage
Death: 250 Drain Damage

Let's call the Spirit-set Balance Spells "Ethereal" (as the elements are "Spectral"), making this "Ethereal Blast." 85% Accuracy.

Historian
May 15, 2009
mman17 wrote:

Life is, I believe.

I was not referring to the school element itself as weak
but in spectral blast ice had the weakest of the 3 attacks
this is what i was referring to.

FoxFyr wrote:

Let's call the Spirit-set Balance Spells "Ethereal" (as the elements are "Spectral"), making this "Ethereal Blast." 85% Accuracy.

I do like the name Ethereal blast

but those damage percentages are way too Low

the reason myth i chose myth to have the weakest hit in this spell was because several of myth's spells are double hitters
but i do agree life needs a slight damage adjustment

how is this?
myth- 50 initial- 300 second hit
Life 450
death-500( or 550 )

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
I like the basic idea of this. I always thought it was a bit strange that bance had not spirit attacks. I don't like the idea of the different school having different effects from the same spell though.

Spectral blast doesn't do DoT for fire, or buff for ice. It just deals damage based on the school.

If you are going to make a spiritual blast, it should would the same as spectral in that there is a base damage for life, death, or myth.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
mman17 wrote:

Life is, I believe.

I was not referring to the school element itself as weak
but in spectral blast ice had the weakest of the 3 attacks
this is what i was referring to.

FoxFyr wrote:

I do like the name Ethereal blast

but those damage percentages are way too Low

the reason myth i chose myth to have the weakest hit in this spell was because several of myth's spells are double hitters
but i do agree life needs a slight damage adjustment

how is this?
myth- 50 initial- 300 second hit
Life 450
death-500( or 550 )

The numbers I provided were the Damage per Pip in those Schools for the cost of Ethereal Blast: three Pips.

Explorer
Oct 24, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:

Good idea!
I have and Idea for another Spirit/Elemental thing."

Ethereal Hydra
7 pips
220 Life, Myth and Death damage (adding up, a total of 660 damage)

Quinn Silverhand 8)

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
Why not make these sun mutate spells? Where you transform the spectral blast from fire ice and storm to life death and myth? Same thing could be done with hydra.

Historian
May 15, 2009
asoames wrote:
Why not make these sun mutate spells? Where you transform the spectral blast from fire ice and storm to life death and myth? Same thing could be done with hydra.

because this school has been broadcast as a combination of ALL schools
and i was VERY disappointed when there was no death,life,or myth attacks
it also needs this spell because is the only school who has no true opposite currently in game and its partial boosts are death,life,and myth, so we it stands to reason they need those to survive

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
mman17 wrote:

Life is, I believe.

in damage reasons, ice and life both. if you look at colossus and satyr you see colosuss can do both lower and higher damage, while life the same, life though has a smaller range.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
AlecVolterra wrote:
mman17 wrote:

Life is, I believe.

in damage reasons, ice and life both. if you look at colossus and satyr you see colosuss can do both lower and higher damage, while life the same, life though has a smaller range.

it would have to have a simple base amount of damage dealt from each school just like spectral blast. 400-500 damage per school, just like spectral blast. And it would be random of course which school it cast from.

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
actually me eing a lvl 29 balance wizard i happen to know that Storm magic causes much more damage than any other to balance

Historian
May 15, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
mman17 wrote:

Life is, I believe.

i agree but that's not the reason why i made myth the weakest of the 3 attacks
i chose to give myth and death the effects like their main school counterparts
and of course myth being a double hitter would have to be the weaker of the 3 attacks

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
As a Class, Balance has one glaring weakness in battle, and that is Balance-oriented enemies. They resist Judgment(s) to a stunning degree, and put up Elemental Shields to cripple Hydra and Spectral Blast. It would be nice to have a sort of Spiritual Blast, but I don't know if this would make the class overpowered...Well, moreso than it already is.

Balance can strengthen the attacks of, heal, and revive fellow wizards, has an ultimate attack in Judgment early on in the game, and hits for neutral against almost all other enemies. This, coupled with a lack for a Balance-Oriented Shield, makes Balance already a Jack of all trades.

I can provide an argument as to why such a spell was not made already. Balance seems to be more of a balance of Elemental magic rather than Spiritual. Krokotopia, the origin of Balance magic, is a land of three Elemental temples / rulers, and only the Krokonomicon makes any mention of Spiritual magic (Life and Death). All Spiritual spells (Myth, Life, Death) are super-effective against Balance monsters, and such monsters have ways to repel Elemental attacks (With shields) and Balance ones (With natural resistance), but Spirit Shield is rare amongst them.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Luvas wrote:
As a Class, Balance has one glaring weakness in battle, and that is Balance-oriented enemies. They resist Judgment(s) to a stunning degree, and put up Elemental Shields to cripple Hydra and Spectral Blast. It would be nice to have a sort of Spiritual Blast, but I don't know if this would make the class overpowered...Well, moreso than it already is.

Balance can strengthen the attacks of, heal, and revive fellow wizards, has an ultimate attack in Judgment early on in the game, and hits for neutral against almost all other enemies. This, coupled with a lack for a Balance-Oriented Shield, makes Balance already a Jack of all trades.

I can provide an argument as to why such a spell was not made already. Balance seems to be more of a balance of Elemental magic rather than Spiritual. Krokotopia, the origin of Balance magic, is a land of three Elemental temples / rulers, and only the Krokonomicon makes any mention of Spiritual magic (Life and Death). All Spiritual spells (Myth, Life, Death) are super-effective against Balance monsters, and such monsters have ways to repel Elemental attacks (With shields) and Balance ones (With natural resistance), but Spirit Shield is rare amongst them.

the entire point of this school is its supposed to have traits and power from every other school ( apart from the sun,moon, and star schools)
which is why i suggested this, we have spirit shields, we have spirit blade, and we have spirit traps! so why not an attack consisting of myth.life, and death?

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
Luvas wrote:

the entire point of this school is its supposed to have traits and power from every other school ( apart from the sun,moon, and star schools)
which is why i suggested this, we have spirit shields, we have spirit blade, and we have spirit traps! so why not an attack consisting of myth.life, and death?

You have a point.

Explorer
Mar 25, 2009
AWESOME! i have a magus balance guy and i think that is a great fan-move. although, i think you should get the spell at 35 and make it balance only (i dont remember if there's a balance quest there) then it would be perfect