Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plants; are they worth it?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
I absolutley love the idea for plants, but there is one problem: are they worth it?
Rank 1 plants cost from 600-1200 but they only give things worth 30-300
The only other thing they give is plant xp, but thats only useful for more planting. I sure hope higher lvl plants give things that are worth it.
I spend 20,000 on plants so I would really apreciat better rewards.
Thx KI

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
mmaakk wrote:
I absolutley love the idea for plants, but there is one problem: are they worth it?
Rank 1 plants cost from 600-1200 but they only give things worth 30-300
The only other thing they give is plant xp, but thats only useful for more planting. I sure hope higher lvl plants give things that are worth it.
I spend 20,000 on plants so I would really apreciat better rewards.
Thx KI

the real reward is that you no longer have to worry about hatching and training up pets cause if you farm you will never have the energy to train pets with

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I have this same question and haven't come up with an answer, though on balance I think it's a wash.

It somewhat depends on what you are growing and what you use in game play. I don't train pets and don't use TCs much so the main "value" I would get is in the reagents. It is nice to be able to harvest reagents rather than run around. But the lower level reagents, for example those from Dandelion or Boom Shroom, aren't too expensive in the bazaar so not clear it is a good "value". On the other hand, one Pink Dandelion has given me 2 ancient scrolls and a black pearl so far! And that was a normal harvest, not it's Elder harvest. So for that one it was definitely a great value, especially as the seed was a drop!

And of course the plants are just plain cool looking, which itself is a value. Great job in the design KI, as always! The greenhouse in my large MB house finally has a purpose!!!

So value or not, I will keep gardening!

Community Leader
Is it worth it? Hum , Well this depends on why you are gardening. I do gardening for enjoyment, Fun, active ,animated and for housing items. So its well worth it for me. Is it profitable? Well I have not proven that as of yet, although my prickly bear cactus are making me lots of gold selling pet snacks . If you use them to train your pet then it will be a no on profitable.

Hope this made some sense.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I agree with Paige...not an activity to look to if you want to make monies.

I haven't yet found a plant that yields back it's cost in gold. On the other hand, these things are relative...is the money you spent on your character paying you back? Not in any real terms, but in value exchanged for having fun, probably, or you would not be here.

I find the plants a fun addition, and I find enjoyment from doing it. That has to be yourgoal in planting.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
So far, gardening seems like a great addition to the game! However, I think some players are getting frustrated quickly because they are trying to plant too much, too early. I would suggest that players should purchase no more than two of each plant (I started with 3 dandelions). That way they should have enough energy left for training pets AND taking care of their plants. I was able to care for the plants well and was rewaded with plenty of seeds at harvest time!

Gardening has been fun, but the ten levels are meant to be earned over a LONG period of time. Don't rush it, and it will be worth it!

Survivor
May 05, 2009
Ya it worth it. I know low rank plants give you cheap things, but ranks 4 and really give you thing that worth it. I got 5 crap apples from my prickly cactus bear. and after you buy one seed every time you harvest you keep getting more. For example I bought 1 prickly bear and now i have about 3. I bought 4 venus fly trap after the were gone i had 6 of them then i planted and now i have more than 20. so once you buy something they return the favor. Farming actually helped me with my pet training.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:
On the other hand, one Pink Dandelion has given me 2 ancient scrolls and a black pearl so far! And that was a normal harvest, not it's Elder harvest. So for that one it was definitely a great value, especially as the seed was a drop!

ya pink dandy i AWESOME

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
I getting really nice things from plants like black pearls, blood moss, nightshade. the most i liked Maelstrom Snap Dragons they give rare mats and good exp.
gardening profits mainly crafting profession the money issue is mean-less.

pink dandelions are never ending droping tree, since at ancient they drops (100%?) another pink dandelion. i got so many of them that i don't know what to do with them. they also drop dandelions at very high rate to sell.