Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Technical problem?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
I like to play with the Quest Helper on. I couldn't play this game without it, I am hopeless when it comes to maps. Right now I really need my Quest Helper to work but it doesn't work. I was assigned a quest by Officer Dorsett in Newgate Prison, Marleybone to locate a hideout somewhere in Newgate prison. I can't find it anywhere, and for some reason, my little yellow arrow isn't showing up. I triple checked to make sure my quest helper was on, pressed okay, and it still doesn't work. Also, this was a quest that you can't use your quest on, it would say "You can not use your quest helper on this" on something along those lines. This doesn't, and I do see the yellow text but not the yellow arrow. Please help ASAP, it's really hard to play the game (for me) without the Quest Helper :(

Defender
May 30, 2009
I've been having similar problems with the quest helper in Dragonspyre. It's turned on and the yellow words are there telling me what I have to do but the arrow is missing. Usually I can look at my map and figure out which direction I need to head in, but it's kind of strange that the arrow isn't there. I have other wizards who have done the same quests several months ago and I don't remember any issues with the quest helper. The recent update might have caused some problems?

-Jessica

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
You can get your Quest Helper back by going to Gameplay Options if you press Esc on your keyboard or click on your book and go to the gear. Then look for the option with a joy stick. Hope this helps. :D

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I've noticed the quest arrow is bugged some of the time lately. You should send in a ticket to Support.

In the meantime, you can often open up your map (press "M") and find the name of what you're looking for on it. This can help you figure out where to go.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
erykahfairy wrote:
I like to play with the Quest Helper on. I couldn't play this game without it, I am hopeless when it comes to maps. Right now I really need my Quest Helper to work but it doesn't work. I was assigned a quest by Officer Dorsett in Newgate Prison, Marleybone to locate a hideout somewhere in Newgate prison. I can't find it anywhere, and for some reason, my little yellow arrow isn't showing up. I triple checked to make sure my quest helper was on, pressed okay, and it still doesn't work. Also, this was a quest that you can't use your quest on, it would say "You can not use your quest helper on this" on something along those lines. This doesn't, and I do see the yellow text but not the yellow arrow. Please help ASAP, it's really hard to play the game (for me) without the Quest Helper :(

I know what you mean. I rely on it too.

I had the same problem with my quests in Dragonspyre. It started after the updates this week, where you can turn Quest Helper on and off with "Ctrl + T" now.

I went into the "Halston's" section of the Message Boards, and I reported this under "Have a Bug? Report it here." ...

And they weren't quests where "you can't use quest helper on this quest".

And the yellow arrow did show up okay in the Quest Log Box for those quests.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
erykahfairy wrote:

I've recently noticed that too. It doesn't happen to me all the time, but sometimes, as you said, the yellow text at the bottom appears, but not the arrow. It generally happens when it says find this place, but it reappears once you have to talk to somebody. My advice is to try to find the place using the map, then it should reappear once you have to talk to Officer Dorsett again.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
Yes, the quest arrow seems to disappear alot lately. I've come across many quests so far in DS (where I've been before the upgrade and still am) where I still have the yellow text telling me what I need to do, but the arrow no longer guides my way. This has nothing to do with hitting Ctrl-T or having Quester Helper off.

How a hotkey change can screw up the quest guide is beyond me, but that is exactly what has happened. I think a better Quality Control guideline needs to be implemented.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
I sent a ticket to support yesterday. They asked me for my Wizard101 log, I just sent it. Hopefully when they look into it, they can make an update so our arrows are back.

Survivor
May 23, 2008
Thank you for bringing this problem for our attention. We have received the ticket and working to resolve the issue.
We would appreciate if you list the names of the quests that you have problems with in this thread.
Thank you again.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
SirReginaldBaxby wrote:
Thank you for bringing this problem for our attention. We have received the ticket and working to resolve the issue.
We would appreciate if you list the names of the quests that you have problems with in this thread.
Thank you again.

I can remember three quests where I lost the yellow quest arrow. The arrow does not show on the screen, but it does show in the Quest Log Box for the quest.

In Dragonspyre:

Darkstone - "Locate the abondoned Tower" quest.
Darkstone - "Meet the new boss" quest.
Edrik Scatterglow - "Forward...into History", Find the Vault Keeper Key in The Grand Chasm quest.

There was also one in Celestia, but I don't remember the name of the quest. I was sent to talk to Barclay O'Brian in the Survey Camp. (It was my first time in Celestia. Try to find Barclay O'Brian without the yellow arrow...Not Easy...)

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
if i may add to the above:
Most of "Sunbrands" quest in DS also have this issue!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
SirReginaldBaxby wrote:
Thank you again.

Well, I do not remember the names of the quests, but I can tell you this. There are a lot of them in Mooshu. Finding huts, hide outs, those type quests, or locate someone, these type quests are having problems. It started since the update to change T, to Control-T.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
SirReginaldBaxby wrote:
Thank you again.
In Marleybone, to locate a hide out in Newgate Prison assigned by Officer Dorsett.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
Thank you Wizard 101 exterminators :D The bug is gone! I've been playing Wizard 101 and the arrow for the quest has returned and I was able to complete it. Now I must deal with the harshness of Marleybone... hehe.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
erykahfairy wrote:
Thank you Wizard 101 exterminators :D The bug is gone! I've been playing Wizard 101 and the arrow for the quest has returned and I was able to complete it. Now I must deal with the harshness of Marleybone... hehe.

I'm glad the bug is gone for you. But I still have it. I listed it on this thread earlier, and today it still isn't working.

Quest - "Forward into History", Find the Vault Keeper's Key in the Grand Chasm in Dragonspyre.

Bailey MythFinder

Administrator
Quick FYI:

We've been feverishly trying to track down this particularly annoying bug. It's rather skittish, but never fear my stalwart students - Merle & crew will have it back to rights in short order. In the meantime, please use your maps (you can pretend you're back in the early days! :)) & make sure you've got the quest helper turned on (I know most of you have already tried/done that, but just in case. . .).

Please have just a bit more patience and send me a note directly if you have more than just a missing quest helper or two (near as we're aware, it's not every quest, just a handful & sometimes the helper seems to get "stuck" - just keep moving, it'll catch up & send you back on your way).

Thanks for your help too - giving us the heads up, the screen shots & the details as requested!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Mr Lincoln wrote:
Quick FYI:

We've been feverishly trying to track down this particularly annoying bug. It's rather skittish, but never fear my stalwart students - Merle & crew will have it back to rights in short order. In the meantime, please use your maps (you can pretend you're back in the early days! :)) & make sure you've got the quest helper turned on (I know most of you have already tried/done that, but just in case. . .).

Please have just a bit more patience and send me a note directly if you have more than just a missing quest helper or two (near as we're aware, it's not every quest, just a handful & sometimes the helper seems to get "stuck" - just keep moving, it'll catch up & send you back on your way).

Thanks for your help too - giving us the heads up, the screen shots & the details as requested!

Thank you, Mr. Lincoln. I wasn't sure if they were still looking into this or not.