Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

There's a Problem with Selling Houses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Since gardening came out, I figured it would be a good time to buy a house with more ground space so I could have a nice garden, maybe even buy a few crown plants for it as well. I thought that the life house would be a good fit for this. However, it does represent a significant investment in gold. This made me want to sell my Dragonspyre castle. However, then I remembered that you don't even get a tenth of what you paid for it back. WHY?! To me, that doesn't make any sense. I mean I paid like 60,000 for the thing and couldn't even preview it before I bought it (I got this house a long time ago). I understand that in games one never receives as much back as they paid for something when they go to sell it, but 2501 for a 50,000 or 60,000 gold house (I don't remember the exact amount and I think it has gone down), that's just RIDCIULOUS!!!! To me, something along the lines of 75% - 85% would make much more sense (maybe even a little less) than just over 5%! It's not like making this change would hurt your profits any KI, but it would make the players of this game (your customers) very happy (I would bet that there is not one single person who wouldn't be happy with this change except perhaps those who have sold their houses for this shockingly low rate), and what company wouldn't want to make their customers happy especially if it means not loss of profit for them? I would really appreciate if this change was made or at least I received a reply with a reasonable explanation as to why this change won't be made (and if I reply back with questions, I want them answered, not just ignored).

Thank You KingIsle for hearing my concern with the game and I mean no offense if I sounded rude or disrespectful,

James ShadowThief
Legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
I also have the Grand Fortress. Sells for 25,000 at the Bazaar. Too bad you can't sell castles at the Bazaar.

Sean Stormshard, Legendary Astral Sorcerer

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
I have a Marleybone house that I bought for 30 thousand gold. Just got the Fantasy Palace, and if you have seen it, you know there is no need for any other house. So i thought i would sell my Marleybone house, I will only get 1500 gold for it. I agree I don't think its right, even gear exchange isn't that low. I wish that there was a better range on the prices. But I also know that it was just redone to give more back to players when selling their houses. Still not right though. Its why I only buy one house per wizard. and that means checking out all of the houses to find the one i actually want.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
I think it's OK the way it is. Motivates you to make more munneh

Though a maximum of 10000 per house sold back to the market wouldn't hurt.

Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
exaclty the houses that we pay so much for sell less than the commemorative statue, which sells for 10,000! and we get that for free