Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life treated unfair all around.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I know life gets things most schools do but we get barely any manipulation spells or anything cool like cleanse charm or sacrifice (Just examples.) Life needs something unique that only THEY can do such as removing charms or wards and beguiling an opponent, not JUST healing anybody can learn to do that.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You can't have everything. Life has far and away the best healing abilities per-pip.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
What? I facedesk at this complaint. Not everyone can learn life's special healing spells like Rebirth and Dryad. Your argument is contradictory cause you seem to assume any can learn them and by using treasure cards, which are used on all spells.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
bravevline wrote:
I know life gets things most schools do but we get barely any manipulation spells or anything cool like cleanse charm or sacrifice (Just examples.) Life needs something unique that only THEY can do such as removing charms or wards and beguiling an opponent, not JUST healing anybody can learn to do that.

But you know, as a life student, I think it's pretty unique that we have lots of heal spells that can heal just about anyone, dont you think?

Survivor
May 19, 2010
I have to disagree that life is treated unfairly. at lvl 59 I can hit any mob with an average of 2k (not including a critical) on a centar or forest lord with only one blade, and turn around and heal anyone to full with almost no pips. I dont care about shields or mutations as in the end I'll win.
Not to mention that sacrifice (3 pip) is a death spell that hurts you to heal 700 to anyone including yourself, and you cant have boosts as all healing boosts are for life healing only, when I can spend 3 pips on a dryad (852hp, 42% boost) and heal more without hurting myself.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Wizzgal wrote:
bravevline wrote:

But you know, as a life student, I think it's pretty unique that we have lots of heal spells that can heal just about anyone, dont you think?
I am also a life wizard and other people can train our sprite and satyr to heal their friends also it's not fair that DEATH of all schools get a pretty stinking good heal for 3 pips, the attack from it can easily be blocked with absorb or death shield plus a neat spell like beguile, I have to admit the forest lord was a jump but we really need spells to mess with the battle like everyone else gets.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
I am a life wizard.I do wish we had more powerful spells.It is a very long game ,but i am somewhere stuck in Moo-Shu!!I made other wizards of DIFFERENT schools and they are far easier.I think life is the hardest school of them All

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
bravevline wrote:
I am also a life wizard and other people can train our sprite and satyr to heal their friends also it's not fair that DEATH of all schools get a pretty stinking good heal for 3 pips, the attack from it can easily be blocked with absorb or death shield plus a neat spell like beguile, I have to admit the forest lord was a jump but we really need spells to mess with the battle like everyone else gets.

Three power pips with Dryad equals 1200 health before any boosts you may have. That's much better than 750 health from Sacrifice for the same three pips. Three regular pips equals 600 health, almost as much as Sacrifice. (Sacrifice does 250 damage to give 750 health.)

I have a level 58 almost 59 Life wizard. She was my first. I will never delete her. I love Life. I think Life is one of the most satisfying schools to learn. We can heal and we can kill. We are sought after as friends. I have rarely met anybody who is not happy to have a Life wizard join their battle.

Forest Lord is totally awesome. Thank you KI for giving Life an AOE. It was so worth the wait.

I think Life is just fine the way it is.

Megan

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
bravevline wrote:

hey be lucky i'm balance and you dont see schools or sighs every where cause there is barle any thing for balance

Survivor
Oct 08, 2010
It is an honor just to BE a Life Wizard and to heal people in need so we can
be brave and honorable. Other wizards depend on us for healing and reviving
so they can be strong against the forces of evil. That's what makes us special.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Life is far and away the easiest school to solo with.

What Life isn't good for is quickly mowing down enemies as, for example, Storm can do. Life does take patience to play. It's not for those who want instant gratification or who have short attention spans.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Life, providing they have cards on hand and don't get taken by surprise, are destruction incarnate. They are literally impossible to take down unless you kill them in one hit - and while you try to trap and blade your way through their healing to do just that, the Theurgist will happily kick you into the next world with their own offensive spells.

And if you decide to ignore the Theurgist in favour of killing its teammates, the Theurgist will proceed to heal up its comrades, and then kick you into the next world. There was a good reason Life wizards didn't have any AOEs before Celestia was discovered - if they had, only the experimenters would be playing anything else.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Why? Life has amazing healing spells that no other school can learn. You can't compare schools like that because all schools are different.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
colagada wrote:
Life is far and away the easiest school to solo with.

What Life isn't good for is quickly mowing down enemies as, for example, Storm can do. Life does take patience to play. It's not for those who want instant gratification or who have short attention spans.

Um life is my only maxed wizard and my first one at that so I know what "practice" is, after I heard malistaire was soloable I went to try it myself and did it but haven't you ever been told it's the small things in life that matter? thats what I'm talking about, something smaller. Like the pierce I was thinking something like could be called cure and remove one negative overtime these are the things I am talking about and btw the one who posted 3 power pip dryad is 1200? That is 6 pips sac is 3.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Ya know y'all discourage me, all I do is try to say how life has no unique abilities like death's beguile or storm's cleanse charm and yall go off criticizing saying life isn't for me well it is I have been a life wizard since i started playing and I will never delete my life cause I love it to but life is NOT fine the way it is we need a unique ability such as a beguile or something along those lines, let me tell you all the skills death has and then how many life has then we'll compare the numbers I'll bet death has more:

Death: Steal, charms, wards, attack, beguile, BIG minion, normal attack and DoT, attack all and heal at same time=8
Life: Heal, attack, heal overtime, charms, wards, heal all and hit all=7
I'll be glad when I quit this game probably sometime next year the community is very discouraging.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
Life may actually be one of the best schools if you know how to work it. on my old account a long time ago i was a life wizard, and yes stated above it was a longer game then say a death wizard or a storm one because you cant dish out damage, so when i got this account, i made my main school storm, and my secondary life, so i could dish out the damage, heal myself, and heal my friends. It may seem to take a long time, which is frustrating, but in the long run it is not as frustrating as a storm/fire combo wizard where your spells fizzle a ton and you die every few battles because you cant heal yourself, so life is a great school you just need to have patience.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Life is one of the "Expertise" schools. It's not easy to play if you're brand new to the game, and it takes a lot of effort to learn how to play efficiently - how to balance your pips on health vs. offense vs. defence and so on. I've met "bad" life wizards, who could only manage to be on either defence, offence OR healing - and then I've met brilliant Life wizards, who not only kept the entire party alive and shielded, but also was the one who defeated all of the monsters we faced.

That is Life's specialty. It can do everything the other schools can; at the same time. You just need to go through the brutal process of learning how to play it.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
Angelocean wrote:
What? I facedesk at this complaint. Not everyone can learn life's special healing spells like Rebirth and Dryad. Your argument is contradictory cause you seem to assume any can learn them and by using treasure cards, which are used on all spells.

I agree LIfe school needs some kind of useful mechanic or two,the reason is that LIfe school really looks to be built solely around group play,it offers little to soloing.This talk about being a skilled or better Life wizard is crazy,most people understand what the spells do,there not hard to read,it's all about PIPS/gear,and a little math.

I couldn't wait to get the Rebirth spell,when i heard people talk about it,then when i got it ,i was like oh man worthless.Dryad is also not as good as regenerate or Satyr,these are the two higher level spells LIFE gets that are actually weaker than their level 30 spells[or whenever they get Satyr],not really something to look forward too.

Rebirth is way over rated,it gives the equivalent of 650+400 which is only 1050,for 7 pips
Regenerate give 1153 for only 6 pips.So stat efficiency Rebirth is far inferior,the only reason you gain anything is that you are casting two spells at once,however that is actually nullified by the fact that you need to wait an extra turn anyhow,so it is essentially the exact same thing as casting twice anyhow.
IMO Rebirth is totally worthless SOLO,it ONLY has any worth if planning on healing others,or more than 1.
There is yet one more negative to using rebirth,not that i would use it solo anyhow,it uses and odd number of pips,therefor if you have say 4 power pips,you are going to be wasting 8 pips on that spell not 7.
IMO Rebirth SHOULD be the exact same pips as Regenerate,even then i would have a hard time using it solo,that is how bad that spell actually is.I do see the problem with that however,in a group setting, maybe pvp 6 is low for a heal that can touch all 4 players,so to fix this spell is VERY hard.
The PERFECT fix to REBIRTH is to have two separate mechanics,one for solo and one for group,it would not be that hard to code that into the game,just make it 6 pips solo and 7 pips grouped.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
zaksame wrote:
Angelocean wrote:

I agree LIfe school needs some kind of useful mechanic or two,the reason is that LIfe school really looks to be built solely around group play,it offers little to soloing.This talk about being a skilled or better Life wizard is crazy,most people understand what the spells do,there not hard to read,it's all about PIPS/gear,and a little math.

I couldn't wait to get the Rebirth spell,when i heard people talk about it,then when i got it ,i was like oh man worthless.Dryad is also not as good as regenerate or Satyr,these are the two higher level spells LIFE gets that are actually weaker than their level 30 spells[or whenever they get Satyr],not really something to look forward too.

Rebirth is way over rated,it gives the equivalent of 650+400 which is only 1050,for 7 pips
Regenerate give 1153 for only 6 pips.So stat efficiency Rebirth is far inferior,the only reason you gain anything is that you are casting two spells at once,however that is actually nullified by the fact that you need to wait an extra turn anyhow,so it is essentially the exact same thing as casting twice anyhow.
IMO Rebirth is totally worthless SOLO,it ONLY has any worth if planning on healing others,or more than 1.
There is yet one more negative to using rebirth,not that i would use it solo anyhow,it uses and odd number of pips,therefor if you have say 4 power pips,you are going to be wasting 8 pips on that spell not 7.
IMO Rebirth SHOULD be the exact same pips as Regenerate,even then i would have a hard time using it solo,that is how bad that spell actually is.I do see the problem with that however,in a group setting, maybe pvp 6 is low for a heal that can touch all 4 players,so to fix this spell is VERY hard.
The PERFECT fix to REBIRTH is to have two separate mechanics,one for solo and one for group,it would not be that hard to code that into the game,just make it 6 pips solo and 7 pips grouped.

So your complaining that Rebirth heals everyone?

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Bookshelvings wrote:
Life is one of the "Expertise" schools. It's not easy to play if you're brand new to the game, and it takes a lot of effort to learn how to play efficiently - how to balance your pips on health vs. offense vs. defence and so on. I've met "bad" life wizards, who could only manage to be on either defence, offence OR healing - and then I've met brilliant Life wizards, who not only kept the entire party alive and shielded, but also was the one who defeated all of the monsters we faced.

That is Life's specialty. It can do everything the other schools can; at the same time. You just need to go through the brutal process of learning how to play it.
You think I don't know how to play life? I'm the one who got to 1v1 warlord on life here. Ranking down then back up to get the rest of my gear was not easy either and now the gear is totally useless due to critical hits and these overpowered spells. This game is completely ruined, I remember back before the level 48 spells. Good times, good, good times. Life focussed on healing one person while there was little all enemy attacking going on and it was different in solo play to, I miss that time, but now everyone is shocking the lights out of everyone with these level 48 all enemy/player spells discluding orthrus.

Survivor
May 19, 2010
zaksame wrote:

I think your forgetting that rebirth affects upto and including 4 players and not just one.
Life is more of a semi support school but can easily be played as a solo. If you solo then rebirth is useless but then just dont use it in your deck, that ones simple.

Back to the main issue of this thread, personally I dont believe that life really needs a technical spell like pierce. why? simple. why bother with something like pierce when you have second schools that have them (myth). Not to mention that a few can be crafted. for some reason I actually like crafting in W101 but never before....... weird. anywho, I just dont see the point of the utility spells when we (life) specialize in healing not attacking, even though we have one of the greatest attack spells out there. :)

Go Life.

Jared Seastrider 60 Life.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2010
I agree that it would be cool if life had something extra, as I'm sure every school would too. But, Life has a lot of stamina. I'm the LIFE of the party. OK that was a bad one. But there would be some cool things that it would be nice to see. Such as a summon minion spell that would give a life minion a little stronger then the pixie with 300 points. Great at low and mid levels but cannon fodder at higher levels.

I've got a 53rd level Life wizard. Love playing him but I understand were you are coming from. I think it is centered more around the amount of spells you normally pick from to put in your deck. Yes, there is a secondary or even tertiary spells. Then there are the Celestia spells. And if you count gardening you have even more (but I don't think those really count). It would be cool just to see other spells even if they are minor ones.

But, I think that the life wizard's spell selections are pretty unique. Mass heal and healing boosts. Nothing like healing for 2000 points with only 4 pips (2 buffs and a Satyr). There are lots of things that could change but overall the life wizard is still a unique class that everyone is happy to see join their party and sad to see them log off.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Phoenix2891 wrote:
zaksame wrote:

I think your forgetting that rebirth affects upto and including 4 players and not just one.
Life is more of a semi support school but can easily be played as a solo. If you solo then rebirth is useless but then just dont use it in your deck, that ones simple.

Back to the main issue of this thread, personally I dont believe that life really needs a technical spell like pierce. why? simple. why bother with something like pierce when you have second schools that have them (myth). Not to mention that a few can be crafted. for some reason I actually like crafting in W101 but never before....... weird. anywho, I just dont see the point of the utility spells when we (life) specialize in healing not attacking, even though we have one of the greatest attack spells out there. :)

Go Life.

The point I think he was trying to make was that Life, Death, and Balance are left out of the Ward/Charm manipulating game. Storm and Myth both have 2, and Fire and Ice 1 each.

I've posted my suggestions multiple times. I think Death should get an armor corrupting spell that turns a shield into a trap, and life should get a trap into shield convert. Balance could get a pair of charm converters allowing conversion of positive blades to negative and vice-versa.

Also, while Pierce cannot be crafted, Silver Trumpet Vines love giving these cards (and Earthquakes) out as Harvest Rewards.

Logan Soulsinger
Legendary Theurgist
Grandmaster Artisan (10/28/10)
Grandmaster Gardener (12/14/10)

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
Phoenix2891 wrote:
zaksame wrote:

Back to the main issue of this thread, personally I dont believe that life really needs a technical spell like pierce. why? simple. why bother with something like pierce when you have second schools that have them (myth). Not to mention that a few can be crafted. for some reason I actually like crafting in W101 but never before....... weird. any who, I just don't see the point of the utility spells when we (life) specialize in healing not attacking, even though we have one of the greatest attack spells out there. :)

Go Life.

I am a realist ,i don't play a Life school and want the world,i think something simple like at least on par with other schools,give us a set of trio shields,but instead of 50% make them 80% but cost 1 pip.That 1 pip could cost us 2 pips if all we have is 1 power pip,so i think would be fair enough.
This is really not asking much at all as we could just buy them from the bazaar,only diff is the pip cost and 80%..

Example... Life.archer=6 pips+Feint=depending on level but say at my level it is around 1600-2000,again depending on critical/versus death school whatever,i am talking a normal hit.
Ok now if i want to heal,i have to use more pips as that damage is not enough to kill any boss,so we have to add more pips...maybe a simple 4 for Satyr?
Sooooooooooo to be able to kill that boss we need at LEAST 2 runs so 6+4+6=16 pips,that is IF that one heal is enough and the second run is enough to kill.
A pure damage class using all the buffs plus Feint can do 4k +,possibly enough to one shot the npc.So they use a total of what?6-7 pips?Even if the other schools have to also throw in a heal as we did,they still won't come as close to using the same pips,time,mana.If we feel the boss is a 2 rounder for the pure dmg school,that is for sure 3-4 rounds for the Life school,TONS more wasted ,time,pips and mana.

So Life school has to take longer,WASTE more mana casting more spells,and use 2x more pips than the same pure damage school.LIFE school definitely needs some equalization here.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
That's why we have treasure cards. I don't know about you, but you can easily get any spell with treasure cards. If you want Soothe, go ahead we got soothe. It's easy. I understand you want that. But seriously, Life is a GREAT school. And to me, it's the school that deserves the MOST credit, its hard having a good successful Life wizard.