Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeating Malistaire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
I am at level 51 and have 3031 health and can usually hold my own in battle. I have made it through Dragonspyre and all the quests and - after dying several times - made it through Malistaires Lair and up to Malistaire (and his 3 servants). With the other battles in that dungeon (as in others) if you died in a battle but came back into the dungeon within 30 minutes you picked up where you left off and didnt have to repeat all your previous battles. Also, if you were battling say 4 monsters and killed two but then were killed yourself, as long as you came back immediately you didnt have to kill all 4 of them again, only the two that were remaining.

Malistaire and his servants are totally different though! I have killed one, and even two of the servants but always get killed off and always keep going back but they always go right back to their original numbers - the dead dont stay dead in this case. Has everybody had to have other wizards help out?? I usually end up having to play late at night due to my work schedule so there usually isnt anybody else on to help me with this quest and now I am going to have to go through the whole dungeon again.

How has everybody else done it?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
gryphonpdx wrote:
I am at level 51 and have 3031 health and can usually hold my own in battle. I have made it through Dragonspyre and all the quests and - after dying several times - made it through Malistaires Lair and up to Malistaire (and his 3 servants). With the other battles in that dungeon (as in others) if you died in a battle but came back into the dungeon within 30 minutes you picked up where you left off and didnt have to repeat all your previous battles. Also, if you were battling say 4 monsters and killed two but then were killed yourself, as long as you came back immediately you didnt have to kill all 4 of them again, only the two that were remaining.

Malistaire and his servants are totally different though! I have killed one, and even two of the servants but always get killed off and always keep going back but they always go right back to their original numbers - the dead dont stay dead in this case. Has everybody had to have other wizards help out?? I usually end up having to play late at night due to my work schedule so there usually isnt anybody else on to help me with this quest and now I am going to have to go through the whole dungeon again.

How has everybody else done it?

I just finished The Final Countdown this morning. I couldn't complete it without hiring henchmen. If that isn't an option for you, you might want to ask in the Basilica if anyone can help you. There is usually someone hanging around waiting to help out. Try going to a "crowded" realm so you might find more players.

And you were probably fighting the Draconians (spelling?). They re-spawn if you don't kill them fast enough. I was lucky and got through without them re-spawning.

I'll be trying it again with another Level 50 Death wizard who just got the quest too. Watch for Valkoor Skullthief in the Basilica. I prefer the Ghoul realm if you want to check it out when you're there. When I know what date/time, I'll try to post it in advance in case you still need help.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
thanks honeybee, i forgot about the henchmen so i will try that and see how it works out as well as changing realms!

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Did you guys all know that Angel Dragon Gem soloed malistaire and won!?! Now that is impressive! 8)

Antonio Myth Blade Level 30 Magus conjurer

Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
Well I made it through Honeybee - thanks for your reply and reminder of the Henchmen. I finished it and defeated Malistaire solo (well, with the aid of Henchmen).

Thanks Again!

Survivor
Mar 26, 2009
WOWZA honeybee thats a good idea cause cause im a lvl 51 death and malistaire is death so yea itz kinda hard but da henchman idea is great