Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cannot play wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Can someone help me with this problem? Whenever I try to play it says
that it was unable to connect to the internet,when the internet is working just fine.I checked and there is nothing blocking the game. This has been happening for two days now! What do i do? :(

We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com.
Before you submit a ticket, make sure that the email address associated with your Wizard101 account is valid and that you can check email at that address!

Please send us:
->the account name
->the character name
->as much information about what you encountered as you can
->where possible, your DxDiag file (see below)
NEVER send us:
->your password
->your credit card information
The more information you give up front, the faster your ticket can be resolved.

What is a DxDiag?
A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Tickets can take up to 48 hours to receive a response and duplicate tickets can slow the whole process down.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
May 19, 2010
I had the same issue when I first started playing. I contacted Tech support and was told to disable all firewalls, antivirus firewalls (game mode works well), and any and all programs that lock out websites like netnanny. It allows them to track and find out those that use outside hacking programs and bots.

I agree with that since the windows firewall is nothing more than a joke (i never use it) and it keeps the really bad cheaters out of the game unlike alot of other mmorpgs.

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
I have differing issue getting IN the game it just says loading for more then 10 minutes UGH but yes had your problem to that was the my date on computer was not correct so check on that and try again due to shutting down in a non safe mode it can cause that problem. Good luck