Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Harvesting Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
Hey it says i have 14 hours to harvest

but when i go to it. it wont let me press x to interact with the plant . it also dont show does the box at bottom saying press x

does the plant have to be elder

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
No, you can harvest a mature plant before it is an Elder version.

But, the plant can't have any Pests or Needs. You'd have to take care of those, first.

And, in the Test version at least, once you take care of any pests or needs, you had to leave your house area and come back in order to harvest. For some reason, it wouldn't automatically let you harvest after fixing the plant.

I often had to get pretty close to the plant to get the harvest prompt, too.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
cpjok wrote:

but when i go to it. it wont let me press x to interact with the plant . it also dont show does the box at bottom saying press x

The '14 hrs till Harvest' is a countdown timer, and in 14 hours you will be able to harvest. Right now, the plant is still growing it's 'fruit'.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
It means that you will be able to harvest it in 14 hours. Whether it is Elder or only at Mature level depends on the time the plant takes to grow between levels and what the re-harvest time is between harvesting. In test I noticed depending on how often I was able to login and check some plants would reach Elder before I could harvest them once, others I was able to harvest multiple times once they were mature before Elder state.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
all of my plants are 100% healthey and all mauture but i still cant harvest them i try about 100 times a day

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
cth15 wrote:
all of my plants are 100% healthey and all mauture but i still cant harvest them i try about 100 times a day

When in gardening mode, wand over the plants, There should be a time listed to harvest. Once this has reached 0, you can harvest.

Some plants can take 30 or more hours between harvesting.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
after you se that the the timer is at 0 close out f gardening and/orhousing things and get close to it that should work(i had the same problem on the test realm)

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
cpjok wrote:

The '14 hrs till Harvest' is a countdown timer, and in 14 hours you will be able to harvest. Right now, the plant is still growing it's 'fruit'.

There's also placing things your plants like near them to speed things up a little. Like the garden gnomes, I placed a couple near my dandelions and it took almost 5 hours off the counter.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Salanimbo wrote:
There's also placing things your plants like near them to speed things up a little. Like the garden gnomes, I placed a couple near my dandelions and it took almost 5 hours off the counter.

You can grow faster, but you might also miss harvests. I like the slow but sure way.