Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting: the paradigm shift?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Crafting. crafting? Crafting! I value crafting. I currently have one Master Artisan and three other wizards that just need to find those black lotus to make black pearls to get that master badge. I crafted my level 44 balance gear and it was awesome. I didn't change it until I was level 50; for my Tunic of torment.

But I noticed a paradigm shift in crafting. For every world or new update, it's like crafting has become more difficult. I cannot help but think that they are desperately trying to get us to give up crafting. Maybe that's why they introduced gardening. I can see it now, "throw out your old crafting badge and excercise your green thumb: become a gardner!"

KingsIsle always listen to pvp players and jump to make changes to satisfy them and the rest of us justh ave to deal with it. But, what about us Artisans? Have our voices fallen on deaf ears? It would appear so.

It would be nice if someone could address our crafting coencerns. i know sometimes we ask for much/ I know there are some things that just CANNOT be added to the game. I know you have ot main a balance. I know all this. But I don't know what cannot be and what can be, therefore, the onus is on KingsIsle, to advise us on what is possible and what is not possible, as far as our grouses aobut crafting, etc is concerned.

Anyswers these questions please:

1 Why do crafted items cost so little?
2 Why do you put so much rare reagents as a requirment for a crafting recipe?
3. Why does crafted gear have such lousy stats? (suggestion change the level requirement and make the stats better than the top level gear).
4 Why are there so many rare reagents? (note. everything CAN'T be rare, it doesn't make sense)
5 Why do you require so much of one "rare" reagent for one recipe? (example, polymorph treant)
6 Why do you have rare reagents overlapping each other as a requirement for the same recipe? (eg. Vial of Seven Seas; need golden pearls for the creipe but you also need golden pearls for a reagent on that same recipe (polymorph treant) also you need sunstone for the recipe but you also need suntone for treant which is all on the same recipe)
7 Why does reagents take so long to respawn? (the mobs don't)
8 why sandstone and suntone are drops from mobs in an instance? (the science centre of all places?!!)

9. is it that for every fight each monster will drop these reagents or is it a random process as well?
10 are you trying to dissuade us from continuing crafting?

On a brighter note. thank you for putting back the Celestian spells at the archivist.

Suggestion, for any new spells that you wish to create, if you think it will cause a problem in pvp then put this on it: PVE ONLY, that will stop you from getting truck loads of complaints and save you time.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Some good questions - many of which have been asked since they introduced Crafting... Unfotunately, they've never really been answered. The plan for Crafting seems to be just something to do when you are bored or don't feel like questing. Now that mobs are dropping Sandstone everywhere, the Celestian crafting will be lots easier.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
" And I quote:"
"But I noticed a paradigm shift in crafting. For every world or new update, it's like crafting has become more difficult."

This is like saying:

But I noticed a paradigm shift in battling. For every world or new update, its like battling has become more difficult."

And this is a problem how?

Rogan Firehammer

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Rogtim wrote:
"But I noticed a paradigm shift in crafting. For every world or new update, it's like crafting has become more difficult."

This is like saying:

But I noticed a paradigm shift in battling. For every world or new update, its like battling has become more difficult."

Rogan Firehammer

Well, if you had been crafting from the beginning then i suspect you'd have grasped the essence of what i was saying but i guess we cannot escape from people who think it is their duty to unleash their negativity on other people's post.

i won't even bother to answer your question because anyone who have gotten that crafting quest from Celestia knows EXACTLY what I am talking about.

making something difficult is understandable. Mobs are suppose to be harder as you get to higher levels. But you can have help with monsters. Crafting is different, you have ten million players and everybody hunting for the same thing that is in short supply... you know what, i shouldn't have to explain this because it's a common problem among Artisans. moving right along

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
Some good questions - many of which have been asked since they introduced Crafting... Unfotunately, they've never really been answered. The plan for Crafting seems to be just something to do when you are bored or don't feel like questing. Now that mobs are dropping Sandstone everywhere, the Celestian crafting will be lots easier.

Well that was the intention of pvp too and now it has pretty much taken over the game and is the only community of players who seem to have a big influence on new content for the game and any changes that needs to be done.

PVP does not yield you any experience or gold but crafting does so it should be more important. Besides they have recipe vendors all over the spiral with very cool recipes for stuff that you cannot get in the game so crafting is a big deal, it's not just a side thing. At least not to us Artisans; we take it seriously. Hephaestus help us!

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
i got mt grandmaster Artisan badge today on my myth legend. I was very pleased with my accomplishment. Needless to say , I was one of them who had to craft the polymorph treant and i had done that before they put it back at the archivist.

Now, I have a serious problem. I have my level 55 balance wizard playing at the moment; my other wizards are on vacation. I thought it would be genius to craft my level 55 balance gear on my myth and give it to my Balance wizard through the shared bank feature.

I bought the robe and boots recipes (hat recipe need golden pearls) but now i cannot craft the items because I need HYDRA treasure cards. There is none available for sale in the bazaar, library, or archivist. it was not among the treasure card recipes from that guy in Celestia base camp and Niles is telling me that it's school only to get a recipe from him.

So, I thought, why not make you Balance a grandmaster Artisan (he's just initiate) but I realized that i cannot be a grandmaster Artisan until i am level 58 on my balance because that's the level requirement to purchase polymorph and you cannot trade treasure cards among wizards.

i wand my balance to enjoy his level 55 gear from level 55 until the next world opens so what is your solution to this? i worked very hard for this grandmaster Artisan title and now i am back to square one.

Anyone with a solution out there let me know. i don't want ot wait forever to level up my balance. i need to craft that gear. I have all the reagents except the HYDRA treasures.

regards,
Logan Frost, click here: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/25/26347.ftl

Hero
May 27, 2009
Do you have any friends who craft? Are you a member of any fansites that have card trading forums? The best way to get cards that cannot be found at the Bazaar is to trade for them. Any Master Artisan looking to make a Carousel would jump at a chance to trade for some Earthquakes. I'd work on those so that you have something to trade for the Hydras (I know the earthquakes are harder, but if that's what you have to do...)

I agree that the level requirement being 58 for the polymorphs is slightly too high. Most crafters are looking to do the quest a LOT earlier. It should be more like 52.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
Do you have any friends who craft? Are you a member of any fansites that have card trading forums? The best way to get cards that cannot be found at the Bazaar is to trade for them. Any Master Artisan looking to make a Carousel would jump at a chance to trade for some Earthquakes. I'd work on those so that you have something to trade for the Hydras (I know the earthquakes are harder, but if that's what you have to do...)

I agree that the level requirement being 58 for the polymorphs is slightly too high. Most crafters are looking to do the quest a LOT earlier. It should be more like 52.

Well i have decided to craft them myself and trade them with a friend who will trade them back with me. All that hassle but what choice do i have

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Well this si not right. i noticed that the recipes for lvl 55 celestia gear does not have any resist at all. This is not cool. I mean great critical rating and all but not even resist for your own school?

How can you be a legendary wizard and have zero resist for your own school? not even the lvl 58 doesn't allow you to resist your own school. this is not right, why? bosses and mobs automatically resist their on school but we don't?

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
I am having the same problem. Had my fire wiz buy recipe for balance gear. Since I could buy it I should be able to make it! Question, can you trade cards crafted? If I have balance make them with niles, are they definitely tradeable??

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Rogtim wrote:

This is like saying:

Rogan Firehammer

This is a total problem. If you are totally broke (like me, and most of the wizards who play this game), you need to rely on things like crafting to get good gear and make some sweet cash.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
angelllite wrote:
I am having the same problem. Had my fire wiz buy recipe for balance gear. Since I could buy it I should be able to make it! Question, can you trade cards crafted? If I have balance make them with niles, are they definitely tradeable??

you can only trade cards with other players, not among your own wizards. If you have a friend that you trust then trade with him/her and go to your other wiz and have them trade it back.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:
angelllite wrote:

you can only trade cards with other players, not among your own wizards. If you have a friend that you trust then trade with him/her and go to your other wiz and have them trade it back.
Not nessiscairly. You can always put it in shared backs too.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
NicoUzumaki wrote:
Willowdreamer wrote:

Well that was the intention of pvp too and now it has pretty much taken over the game and is the only community of players who seem to have a big influence on new content for the game and any changes that needs to be done.

PVP does not yield you any experience or gold but crafting does so it should be more important. Besides they have recipe vendors all over the spiral with very cool recipes for stuff that you cannot get in the game so crafting is a big deal, it's not just a side thing. At least not to us Artisans; we take it seriously. Hephaestus help us!

Yeah but PVP has unique looking gear that most find awesome, crafting gear look can be had by a level 5 Wizard. Then we have to turn around and spend 300 crowns to stitch it to anything else. Also I want to throw my 2 cents about the Celestia Sword you can craft. what is the point? it is less potent, and when the showed it in Test realm it was identical in hit power(120) but gave 2 power pips.

I realise that 1 additional power pips may tip the balance of power but there are times that the boss goes first and has 4 power pips to start and then hits with Critical.

Also, none of the crafted 55 gear has standard block, it does have critical block, but again...what is the point? cant we have the best of both worlds?

just my 2cents...got change?

Rhemas

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Arum1 wrote:
NicoUzumaki wrote:
angelllite wrote:

Not nessiscairly. You can always put it in shared backs too.

Treasure cards CANNOT be placed in your shared bank.

You can ONLY trade reagents and snacks through the shared bank feature.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Rogtim wrote:

This is like saying:

Rogan Firehammer

First off, do you have to be so one track minded that you read the post, saw 1 thing you didn't like and had to post on that, that you missed the point of the whole post? Simple minded people do irritate me!

Now, to the topic of the posts. Yes, I do think that each world and every new level of artisan should be harder than the next. KI is making it very very easy to get reagents now, too easily in fact. Yet, you still had good questions in the original posts.

Yet, for some reason, Artisans never do get an answer! PvP gets changed and updated all the time. But, I think that is because they easily become hot topics. We are not making this a hot topic or important enough to even look or bother with our thread to give us their time.

So, we need to make some noise.

WHY KI, why did the value of crafted wands go down and not get increased to even make them worth crafting? Why does crafted gear not warrant any protection at all? Should we not know how to make armor that protects us from even our own school? Can or will we ever get an answer? Or are we such a minority that we don't even rate a response?