Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how do you level up in gardening?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 01, 2010
i'm clueless in leveling up in gardening what do i do to level up?

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
First place to look for that kind of info is the online Player's Guide.
They have a Gardening section now

https://www.wizard101.com/home5/w101playersguide/page_8ad6a4042cab83d9012cc2fdafd7064f

The last page talks about leveling up.
Basically, you level up by harvesting your plants. So the longer you keep them alive, the more XP you'll receive (and the more stuff you'll harvest).

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Harvest your plants, when you harvest them-it may only be elder harvest but if memory serves mature harvesting as well-you will get Gardening XP and other random items. Enough Gardening XP and you level to next Gardening level.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
On test it took about 12-20 harvests of plants the level you are at, with the variation due to much better XP from elder harvests.

I planted on Tues, and have kept planting since, and expect to hit level 2 tonight....

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
On test it took about 12-20 harvests of plants the level you are at, with the variation due to much better XP from elder harvests.

I planted on Tues, and have kept planting since, and expect to hit level 2 tonight....

Yes but how to you harvest? I have been trying to interact with my boomshroom but have not figured it out. I have waved my wand over it, looked through my tools, and flew over it. I am not getting a prompt to hit x or anything else.

Sarah Rainbowfinder

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
When the plant has sufficiently matured, after becoming mature but before elder status it will interact when you can harvest it by giving you the X option to harvest. In gardening mode if you put your mouse over the plant it will give you a count down telling you when you can harvest next.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
joey110498 wrote:
i'm clueless in leveling up in gardening what do i do to level up?

Well, what I do is I go to the Bazaar, go to the housing section look for seeds that are my rank and then buy them go to my home and then two days later ( or 3 days ) it's time to harvest! Then I keep harvesting over the next few days and when their elder harvest them for the last time then buy more and go threw the same progress.

Hope this helps! :D