Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting Pulled into Battle

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Here is what I think, you can take it anyway you want.

The graphics I see are NOT always what the server sees. I've watched folk run through walls, and then get dragged into a fight. How can this be? no 2 video cards read the files the same way. Yes I have a better system than most with a high end video card, but I'm not the average person playing either.

What I suggest is they move the zone a few more pixels away from the sidewalks so less are dragged in. The other suggestion would be make the attack zone smaller so they don't seem to just grab anyone. I have no excuse/ suggestion for Marlybone and Sunken City and Dragons roost other than the zone is plain too close.

Survivor
May 22, 2008
Sorry but I am against the suggestion to make all sidewalks safe!

Where is the challenge then? I wish we hade many more areas like sunken city because it was the most action/fun in this game so far. The other fights are too easy. A normal fight does not take longer then 1 minute and I don't even lose so much health. so please please dont make this game easier but make it harder!!

Add more really hard dungeons. No matter if its just highend content or optional dungeons like sunken city. There is really no challenge in the game right now and I fear at the end - everyone cleared everything in the game without a problem!

I know many kids are playing this game but hey - You get nothing in the life without hard work!

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
Blecus wrote:

Where is the challenge then? I wish we hade many more areas like sunken city because it was the most action/fun in this game so far. The other fights are too easy. A normal fight does not take longer then 1 minute and I don't even lose so much health. so please please dont make this game easier but make it harder!!

Add more really hard dungeons. No matter if its just highend content or optional dungeons like sunken city. There is really no challenge in the game right now and I fear at the end - everyone cleared everything in the game without a problem!

I know many kids are playing this game but hey - You get nothing in the life without hard work!

Trust me, there is hard AND longer instances in the game. The game is already hard enough.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
Yes thank you thefireball, This game is already hard enough for MOST people. IF you, Blecus, think that this game is too easy then go play world of war craft, wizard 101 is not the game for you if you think its too easy. For one you can't make a statement like that, what school are you for starters, and i dont know what your talking about, maybe your the only one, but i have not seen anyone in this game that got done with a battle unless they were high level and went back to wizard city or krokotopia and battled those goons. NO where have ive ever seen anyone do a battle in a minute or less unless they just back out of it or flee. Maybe there are some that ive not seen that are good schools, but can you honestly sit there and say a life school student can do a battle in under a minute? can death? can any of these not so great schools help you battle in under a min, i would LOVE to see you do a battle in under a minute, prove all of us wrong. And another thing, not everyone is like you Who would want the whole game to be like sunken city, its bad enough in marleybone and in mooshu! they can see you, did you not know that? oh yah you can hide a bit from them yah but they can grab you if you miscalculated just one goon. I totally agree with the wizard who suggested making the battle zone smaller that is a great idea because it keeps the game the same as always just less frustrating. The game is not hard what so ever, this game is interesting and fun but at the same time it is tedious and frustrating. Like ive said before NOT EVERYONE IS A STREET NINJA lol and not everyone has the best computer. We arent trying to make this game super easy and boring, we are just wanting it improved for those of us that are less fortunate with lagged computers and not the best school of choice when we started out. Oh thats another thing haha, yah it would of been nice to have some kind of direction on the school of choice, yes they let us have a second and even third school but it would of been nice to know this stuff maybe we could of manipulated the questionaire at the beginning of the game to get the best school x3. I am death, life and soon to be ice, if i would of known that death and life school were not the best schools i would of came up with a way to get the best school from the start lol.

Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
I don't know if this is where this is supposed to go, but i DO have to say that the game wouldn't be the game if you had to click on an enemy to fight.

But what I really wanted to say is that it would have been nice to have been informed that in Marley, the "safe" zones are NOT the edges, but rather the CENTER. I kept getting pulled into battles because I was unaware of this. I only learned that the center was safe because of a friend.

Other than that, I enjoy the game :D

Adding:
I did see the Greyrose said somwhere (couldn't tell you where) that in Marley that you stay in the center because there are no sidewalks on rooftops. Well, that NEVER occurred to me. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
mk on the first page someone said that life and death schools arent the best..yes they are..?Death takes life to give life and most have very high attacks you must be like what level 2? pssh life is worthless though i agree attacks are low but Storm fails high attacks but you can barely use them!

Defender
May 15, 2009
wiffleball76 wrote:
If you are walking on a sidewalk to avoid enemies, but your mouse or keyboard messes up or your hand slips, ....

Surely you must be joking. :-o
The standard is to take a ten minute break after every hour of gaming; this will prevent mousing fatigue...or keyboard cramp...or whatever ailment causes you to inadvertently fling yourself into battle unwillingly. 8)
(Yes, I am aware I contorted mouse into a verb, but so is Google.)

wiffleball76 wrote:

Its just if you are walking on the street and you walk up to an enemy, I think that it should ask you if you want to battle that enemy so that you can't get pulled into a battle you don't want to fight in.

eh..heh...yer on a roll!
<raspy Krok voice> "Eh, excuse me young wizard, but you've freed my Mander slaves, poisoned my guards' food, broke into my tombs, and aided the Order of the Fannnnnnnnng-uh, I must stop you! Um...may I, kind sir, stop you?"

TayD wrote:
Sunken City is definitely an issue, there's no safe place on the sidewalks.

All the sidewalks in Sunken City are safe. You only need to determine when they are safe; timing is everything.

TayD wrote:
I'm hoping the staff will address this soon because it really makes completing the area that much more difficult.

Yes, that pop-up character message says it is more difficult. We can't replace "more difficult" with "more tedious" can we?

DaWiz100 wrote:
I realize that they cut corners in places and avoid them (or not) when they do. When you first go in to Unicorn Alley(?) you are TOLD that the sidewalks are safe. Nowhere does it say later that that changes.

Ah! Nooow I understand why lawnmowers now have "Do not use indoors." on them...

Lets make everything completely predictable and/or announced; we can't have any surprises or anything...people might get too excited! We must feel like we're droning on....like at work! or school!

Blecus wrote:

Amen! Preach it, brother!