Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing limits need to be increased

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I ran out of space really fast once I started planting a garden in my home. In terms of space a pot or plot takes one space and the plant another, which means for every plant you place it takes up two spaces in your home. As a result, we need a lot more space than what houses orginally had, expecially when it comes to the smaller houses that to some would be ideal to get just for gardening purposes.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I ran out of space really fast once I started planting a garden in my home. In terms of space a pot or plot takes one space and the plant another, which means for every plant you place it takes up two spaces in your home. As a result, we need a lot more space than what houses orginally had, expecially when it comes to the smaller houses that to some would be ideal to get just for gardening purposes.

On test, I had the large MS house and my dorm room as my growing spots...and I had over 50 plants going at once. Yes, between plot/pot and plant you eat up 2 housing slots, but just remove some of the nick-nacs around the house until your gardening slows down again.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
seasnake wrote:

On test, I had the large MS house and my dorm room as my growing spots...and I had over 50 plants going at once. Yes, between plot/pot and plant you eat up 2 housing slots, but just remove some of the nick-nacs around the house until your gardening slows down again.

If all one cared about was growing plants that would be fine, but many of us including myself actually like to decorate houses up and make them look and feel nice. It is a bit rediculous when you have a house with a small area of it with plants and most everywhere else empty and having already topped out on item limits. Guess we aren't supposed to decorate and have plants at the same time.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I can't argue with you on that, yes, there is an issue with number of plants we can have. Now, with power being what it is, I think about a dozen plants is the max, both from a housing item and power points prespective.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I agree that there should be an item limit increase, especially for some of the newer houses-Watchtower Hall and Massive Fantasy Palace-with increased housing space there is that much more need to be able to decorate/plant/etc. My current solution for gardening is that I have devoted one house specifically to gardening and just decorating others as I can.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I agree

Survivor
May 19, 2010
What about instead of increasing the space cap, create a greenhouse addition for those green thumbed ones like us that can be added to the house and has a seperate space cap just for the gardens.
I was thinking this as I was gardening cause almost all the houses has open space on the edges of the property where it leads to nothing, so why not use it constructively.

Or have a seperate gardening space cap, kind of like the treasure card/reagents limit in the bank.
{edit} I found out that the gardening does have a seperate spacing limit. Its at 48 (24 plants) so instead of creating there own just increase it as what the first poster mentioned. {edit}