Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Take the phrase "gg" out.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 25, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
Personally, I say "GG" unless the other player got absolutely pwned (then we encounter the latter situation). Otherwise, as I said, I will always say "Good fight" or some such thing.

I think it comes down to good sportsmanship. Saying "gg" at the end of a match is simply courtesy, a nice way to end the interaction, regardless of the outcome.

IMHO, being angry over "gg" in PVP is a sign of poor sportsmanship. I don't think the phrase should be banned, I think players should be ready to accept defeat with good grace.

Rowan Earthsong, PVP Sergeant
Scarlet Ravensong, PVP Veteran

Yup yup yup!

Plus, sometimes if, say in a practice match, I go up against someone who is a lower level than me, they are most likely to get creamed.
However, I think at the end that it was a good match. Why? Because, just by looking at what cards they play, I can tell they tried as hard as they could to smash me.
And they did a grand job with what cards they had.

This might start some problems, but I'll have everyone know I don't do pvp as much as I used to and have better things to do than hang around the arena picking off helpless new people.

I'm just making a point that, even if the other guy gets toasted, it can still be a good game.

It's like a pvp sixth sense. You can tell when the other person does their best against you.

So to all, from level 1 to level 60... GOOD GAME!

Those who win become weak in the long run,
for they lack the chance to learn from their mistakes.

Destiny Dragoncoin level 56 Balance/Ice/Fire/Thunder Snake

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Saying gg and meaning it - good sportsmanship, whichever side you're on.

Saying nothing and leave since you're angry with a loss - that's okay, there's nothing wrong with it. Caring about winning and losing, that is gaming.

Insults - the worst. Whichever side you're on, and whatever excuse you can come up with.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I will say gg to anyone in pvp who plays without being insulting and rude. It doesn't matter if they played well necessarily. I can usually tell if they try to play well. And I don't consider it cheating if they use spells from their school to their advantage. It's up to me to be able to counter it or not. But just a simple gg can let someone know that you appreciate their time and effort in playing as well their good sportsmanship. Oh and Destiny Dragoncoin, I love the motto. It's so very true.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
Aritako wrote:
I will say gg to anyone in pvp who plays without being insulting and rude. It doesn't matter if they played well necessarily. I can usually tell if they try to play well. And I don't consider it cheating if they use spells from their school to their advantage. It's up to me to be able to counter it or not. But just a simple gg can let someone know that you appreciate their time and effort in playing as well their good sportsmanship.

Yup yup yup yup yup... good post.

Oh and Destiny Dragoncoin, I love the motto. It's so very true.

Thanks.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
It is supose to be a nice thing to say like You put up a great fight i lived by 56 cause your spell weakened out but still GOOD JOB! But i use to think it meant good greaf idk why but i learned it wasnt 6 months ago when i asked what it meant cause i couldnt spell greaf.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
bravevline wrote:
I think they need to block the phrase gg or good game, everyone thinks its a nice thing to say after a match but when people lose thats the LAST thing they want to hear and I wanted people to be aware of that, thats why they don't say it back.
i dont think they should get rid of it and some people dont no that you dont want to hear it unless it is before the match actually ended THEN its annoying