Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening should use Mana ...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
Gardening is a new system as you know, it uses Energy (formerly called Pet Energy) but it should use Mana since you cast spells to mantain your garden. Even with the increase of pet energy it isn't enough. Every day I gotta buy a refill to deal with their needs and pests. Another issue is that new gardening spells cost a little too much gold, maybe reduce them by 10% or just a little less to make it more reasonable.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
You can usually estimate about 5 points of energy per plant when you first log on after being off for awhile (most plants have 0, 1 or 2 needs at 3 points, and a few plants need to clear pests). Just take your energy, subtract out how much you want to spend on pets, and divide the remainder by 5, and you can support that many plants usually.

Note, probably more at level 1, but by the time you hit mid-levels, say, level 5, you should start keeping more per plant.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
We had about 20 extra energy added to our balls, just for the purpose of gardening. And like with pets, the higher level you are, the more efficiently you can take care of your garden (because you have more energy).

Also, plan a bit ahead when you dig your garden. Make extra plots, even though you don't have enough plants, and don't go crazy in moving them around.

Keep in mind, too, that you don't need to water the plants or do anything unless they ask for it.

Community Leader
LegoFan6113 wrote:
Gardening is a new system as you know, it uses Energy (formerly called Pet Energy) but it should use Mana since you cast spells to mantain your garden. Even with the increase of pet energy it isn't enough. Every day I gotta buy a refill to deal with their needs and pests. Another issue is that new gardening spells cost a little too much gold, maybe reduce them by 10% or just a little less to make it more reasonable.

Hello,
Suggestion would be a smaller garden ,I know in test I ran a very huge garden to test everything since crowns were free. In live I am running a garden of about 7 to 8 plants and do not seem to running out of energy. Yes I do wish I was able to run a bigger garden as this is something I could really have fun with and decorating a house with living garden would be awesome. I do understand why KingsIsle has to limit energy for the rewards of TC cards could be over whelming.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I totally agree with this proposal. Wizard101 already has way too many ways of making real money. In order to refill your pet energy you have to use crowns, and in order to get crowns you have to pay real money. I really don't think it's fair to everyone to have to use pet energy to tend their gardens because in truth if you want to have a big garden, you have to pay real money and that's just not fair for the people who bought subscriptions such as myself. Also since you do have to cast spells on your plants, it does make total sense to use mana instead of pet energy. I totally agree that gardening should use mana and not pet energy.

Myrna Dragon
Master Thaumaturge ~ Level 48

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Tyracia wrote:
I totally agree with this proposal. Wizard101 already has way too many ways of making real money. In order to refill your pet energy you have to use crowns, and in order to get crowns you have to pay real money. I really don't think it's fair to everyone to have to use pet energy to tend their gardens because in truth if you want to have a big garden, you have to pay real money and that's just not fair for the people who bought subscriptions such as myself. Also since you do have to cast spells on your plants, it does make total sense to use mana instead of pet energy. I totally agree that gardening should use mana and not pet energy.

Myrna Dragon
Master Thaumaturge ~ Level 48
i'm close too you
in the test i had a huge garden because crowns were free :D :D but in the live i have no plants planted because i am a subscription so i don't have match crowns and that is not enough to make my plant higher than a seed
i would have too wait a long time (as the plant dies) to riefill my energy
so plz change it to mana then more players can plant

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
I don't have any problem with using Energy. About 3 - 5 times a day I take care of whatever my plants may need, and then I have about 3/4 of my energy left. I use one more quarter for the Pet stuff. Don't use all of your energy; it takes a while to refill.