Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

idea to improve spectator enjoyment in arena

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2008
There needs to be some kind of scoring system for the spectators to watch. Something like number on each team still active/alive and/or total number of health points remaining for each team. It would make watching a whole heck of lot more fun.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
Actualy one way to improve the all around fun feel of the arena would be to keep spectators out of the battle zone. This would keep people out when the battle is in progress and let spectators watch the game and not people running around in it.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Agreed. One of the annoying things people do, especially children with no sense of ethics, is stomp around in the arena. Maybe they are bored? Regardless, each arena (except for the spell circles that players can occupy) should be "fenced," in which people simply cannot enter. Entering the spell circles would of course end up drawing them into the existing fights.

This should go for ALL battles, wether arena fights, random encounters, or boss fights.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I agree but the problem is though that if it were fenced off some people couldn't get into the battle and everyone would be trying to get though the door.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
No no, not that kind of fenced. :P

By "fence," I mean around the actual dueling circle. Players could not physically enter or port inside the actual dueling circle, the only place they could enter are the spell circles where the wizards stand in.

In a duel already in progress in the arena, approaching a spell circle would do nothing, but no one would be able to enter the actual dueling circle.

In the environment, approaching a spell circle would draw them into combat, but they would not be able to enter the actual dueling circle. Perhaps "touching" the dueling circle would draw them into combat as well, as it is now, actually. With all four wizards occupying all four available spell circles, no one could enter the duel, but still could not enter the actual dueling circle.

The dueling circle would always be free of any players. I am hoping I clarified this a little.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
Well if you look around in the arena you'll notice there are seating areas. The question is why don't we use them or atleast put the players or anyone who enters the area during battle in those spots. If not atleast set up gates around the lower entrances and open the seating areas so we can go down there. Now what your probably thinking is ok we've blocked off the area but what about people who teleport in. Simple just disable teleports to the zone when a battle has started.