Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strength and Weakness faults can be avoided

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
I am seeing a ton of people post about how weak this school is becoming and how strong this one is ect. I am getting tired of this and are going to give you the solution. BALANCE (no not the school but how to balance your schools)

See a lot of people like storm, and I am one of them, but those spells have 70% accuracy and the wizards have almost no health. Yes you can deal massive damage, but you take massive damage to. The way to avoid this is by finding a way to heal yourself. Death is ok, but you do not get enough health for the attack, so I suggest life. In fact my main wizard is a storm (main) and life (secondary) This is also good because you can heal your friends.

If you are a ice wizard you have a ton of HP, but your attacks do almost nothing. In this situation I suggest making storm your secondary school. This way you can dish out massive damage while having high HP.

If you are a death wizard you are in a pickle. Your spells have medium accuracy (i think like 85%) and they do pretty good damage, while also healing you. I really do not know what to suggest but maybe fire or ice. Death isnt my thing.

If you are a life wizard great! You have pretty decent HP, can heal yourself, have high accuracy spells (90%) but cannot do much damage. Fire is a great way to go here because of the attacks that dish out damage each turn, not in a lump sum. You may also go with storm but I have found that fire works well because most life wizards cast a few of those sprite spells on themselves to they get the HP every turn.

If you are a fire wizard I dont know what to tell you. You have a bit lower the average HP, low accuracy spells (75% i think maybe 80% though I cant remember) but can do massive damage over time, and in lump sums (helephant for lump sums and fire elf for over time for examples) I suggest death here, because in that you can heal yourself and attack. Though life is always good.

If you are balance wizard maybe storm is up your alley if you crave damage. Or maybe death is good so you can heal yourself and attack. Since balance is so...well....balanced yiu can go almost anywhere.

If you are a myth school you have a bit higher then average HP, medium damage spells, and ok accuracy. Again this is like balance you can go anywhere with myth you want, depending on what path you want to take.

A lot of people, mainly ice wizards, are going to get mad at me here saying i was mean to them not mentioning them as a secondary school. Sorry but i find them as the weakest secondary school. There HP is awesome, but you only get that when you are a main ice wizard. They dont dish out a lot of damage, though there spells are accurate. Life's spells are even more accurate though, and when you make that your secondary school you can heal yourself. So in that I think life is best the best secondary.

Of course it is your wizard, and you can do what you want with it, but before making a huge choice on what your secondary school is going to be stop and think, analyze your school and make a good choice.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Actually, secondary schools are only important at lower levels. Once you start dealing with power pips and your average spell takes 4 or more pips, secondary spells are mostly used for defence. You can fairly easy stack multiple blades on yourself, and traps on your enemy, for your own school - but the single blade is restricted to treasure cards and its own school, meaning that the damage you can do with your secondary school is limited at best.

The main issue with the many complaints, as I see it, is that people constantly compare themselves with schools that aren't their own. So we have the Whine list:

* Myth people complain that they can't heal themselves as well as the Life School.
* Storm complains that their DOT (damge over time) isn't as good as the Fire School's.
* Ice complains that their spells don't do as much damage as Death's.
* Life complains about having fewer attack-spells than other schools.
* Death complains about their minions not being as good at Myth's.
* Balance complains about their spells being weaker than most schools'.
* Fire complains about not having as much health as Ice.

Very few people on the forum, it seems, actually takes a moment to play around with their character's skills for a bit to learn their strenghts and weaknesses, so they can sit back and say "Wow. My school is AWESOME!".

Thus, the AWESOME! list:

* Myth has a ton of minions at their disposal, and can do everything from shield and heal them, to stealing their pips and health.
* Storm has HUGE damage potential, and often don't have to worry too much about taking aggro from anything except bosses, as said thing will be dead.
* Ice has HUGE health, the only all-purpose shield, and can even keep its lesser circle-companions alive by pulling the attention of enemies.
* Life has a ridiculously huge amount of healing cards, and, unless they are taken by surprise, are IMPOSSIBLE to kill until they run out of cards.
* Death steals the life of those it attacks, and even has a TON of traps at its disposal to make that life steal even bigger.
* Balance damage cannot be shielded against by anything but the Ice school's tower shield. Period. Balance's only issue is with Balance monsters.
* Fire is the ultimate shield-destroyer with its many DOTs, and even got some heavy-hitting single target spells for whatever remains alive after those three rounds.

Does your school stink? No, it's AWESOME! But only if you actually look at your own school and stop being envious of completely different schools.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
Two things wrong with your post.

Fist:
tefler wrote:
I am seeing a ton of people post about how weak this school is becoming and how strong this one is ect. I am getting tired of this and are going to give you the solution . . . ice wizards, are going to get mad at me here saying i was mean to them not mentioning them as a secondary school. Sorry but i find them as the weakest secondary school. There HP is awesome, but you only get that when you are a main ice wizard. They dont dish out a lot of damage, though there spells are accurate. Life's spells are even more accurate though, and when you make that your secondary school you can heal yourself. So in that I think life is best the best secondary.

This statement is hypocritical. You are tired of people saying their school is weak, yet you have the right to say it?

Second:
tefler wrote:
If you are a death wizard you are in a pickle. Your spells have medium accuracy (i think like 85%) and they do pretty good damage, while also healing you. I really do not know what to suggest but maybe fire or ice. Death isnt my thing.

I totally disagree. I have soloed every quest, so far, with my Death wiz. I am lvl 30 and think that having Fire is a really dumb idea for a second school. It holds nothing of value. Best thing for a death, IMHO, is Life as second school, and Ice for third school. Further more, Death is AWESOME in groups. You can build up your friends to do ALOT of damage with the damage bonuses Deathys come with

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I'm on a Death character now and He is up to level 45 and I have played solo with him pretty much the whole time. I have no issues at all. I honestly don't think I have died yet. Death has so many boosts including Feint that you can do great damage and get half of it back in health. The only time I even think about using a shield is when I fight a Storm boss.

My first character I played with was Fire and he was awesome to just in a different way. I think the guy who said focus on your school and see why it is awesome is right on. All the schools have different strengths and weaknesses. You just have to figure out the best way to play with them to highlight your strengths. :D

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Bookshelvings is right on. Each school is awesome in it's own way. If you take the time to figure them out, you can do amazing things with each of them. I believe it's possible to solo everything through DS, and much, if not all of CL with any of the wizards if you know what you are doing. And by the way, thanks KI for making it possible to solo Malistaire!

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
i fully agree with all of this. you can do it but i am tired of hearing people complain when they dont take the time to do it

Survivor
May 04, 2009
I prefer death.

You have relatively good accuracy, you can deal good damage while healing yourself, and you have good health. I'm a level 38 and I have about 2000 health, which I believe is above the average 1800-1900 to level 40.

At level 42 or 43 you get the wraith, which hits as much as the pheonix/skeleton pirate/ whatever other 500-600 hit attack is there for other schools, and it heals you half.

I agree, life is certainly a great school to choose, but honestly I feel death/myth is a worthy choice also.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
Ultimatefight wrote:
I prefer death.

You have relatively good accuracy, you can deal good damage while healing yourself, and you have good health. I'm a level 38 and I have about 2000 health, which I believe is above the average 1800-1900 to level 40.

At level 42 or 43 you get the wraith, which hits as much as the pheonix/skeleton pirate/ whatever other 500-600 hit attack is there for other schools, and it heals you half.

I agree, life is certainly a great school to choose, but honestly I feel death/myth is a worthy choice also.

it is i dont have any personal grudge against death indeed my first ever wizard was death but i found the healing-damage (drain) spells were not giving me enough health, though the accuracy was great. it also had good health but i just didnt think the lower damage and lower health recover rate was good enough to abadon my storm-life combo, though i guess we all have our personal preferances