Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is myth weak!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
I dont understand why myth is so weak, its really hard to stay alive and kill enemies! when myth has life spells then their not powerful enough, but when myth has storm spells then they die quickly! I dont think their is a middle ground. Should myth have stronger spells or more life? If myth wizards had more health percentage or clothes with more life that would be very helpful.
What do you think?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Myth's use of minions is key to survival. Even as a Grandmaster of Myth, i still use the zero pip minion. The extra attack helps.

Myth is difficult at first and takes more strategy than the other schools. At higher levels myth is powerful because they can easily cut through shields. Myth is made to cut through defenses, not large hits like storm.

I trained in life up to satyr with my myth but rely more on sprite for healing because it only costs one pip. I also trained in ice up to tower shield for the extra protection.

I hope these small tips help.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Use your minions. They'll divert some of the enemies' attention away from you.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Myth is not weak!!! Myth is just like every other school. It has advantages and disadvantages, all you have to do is find the advantages. You shouldn't say things like that just because you are having a bad time.

Blaze Thundercloud Level 48 Conjurer

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Thank you Hannah Lifebringer for the advice it really helped. But, There is something bothering me... If all myth can do at lvl 27 is rely in minions then, dont you think that myth should get extra stuff

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
chrone811 wrote:
I dont understand why myth is so weak, its really hard to stay alive and kill enemies! when myth has life spells then their not powerful enough, but when myth has storm spells then they die quickly! I dont think their is a middle ground. Should myth have stronger spells or more life? If myth wizards had more health percentage or clothes with more life that would be very helpful.
What do you think?
Ya, talk about it orthrus and minotaur needs their damages put into one strong hit because you have to use double traps and it takes a really long time :((((((

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Myth's biggest problem in PvE is double trapping, and when bossing Medusa's 2 turn stun is useless, at least it's not Ice's new spell. :P

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
chrone811 wrote:
Thank you Hannah Lifebringer for the advice it really helped. But, There is something bothering me... If all myth can do at lvl 27 is rely in minions then, dont you think that myth should get extra stuff

In a way Myth is already getting an extra attack with the use of the minions.

Using Time of Legend is another must for myth. As soon as it appears in my deck, i use it unless i am fighting myth. Also, when you start getting earthquake and the double attacks (minotaur and orthrus) enemies shields become pointless. When using the double attacks, I place a shield and then a prism unless there is a myth shield present. The smaller attack takes the prism leaving the trap free for the large hit.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
You know, their is a lot of arguing about orthurus and minotaur. I really think that the traps and blades should only be used once on the second hit. the first weaker hit should only be for getting rid of shields and weakness. Now i know the other schools would hate this, but myth needs some kind of advantage in 4v4 pvp because you cant use minions.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I really like the Gargantuan spell with Forest Lord, but I still need to get eight pips. Made me wonder, couldn't you use Garg with the 4-pip AoEs like Sandstorm, Meteor, Blizzard, and Frog, and just Blade, Hit, Blade, Hit, maybe Vengeance or Amplify in there. I realize sooner or later you will have a hard time coming up with the Gargs but man if you could, you would be deadly.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
Let me tell you this: I'm a lvl 59 Myth wizard and Myth is NOT weak at all Also, you have been misinformed. The double hitters ( Minotaur and Orthrus ) don't only use the Trap for the first attack. The Trap's extra help is then carried over to the stronger attack. I know this because in Dragonspyre, I have putseveral Traps on bosses. Also a Myth Blade. I used Orthrus and did about 200 Damage on the first attack. The second attack used the other Traps and did around 2000 to 2500 Damage. So the double hits are actually very useful. I usually use them when an enemy has a Myth Shield. The first takes it away the Shield, and the second attack does a TON of damage. The Shield's affect is not carried over to the second attack. I hope you found this useful :D!

-Steven DragonBlood, lvl 59 Conjurer

Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
chrone811 wrote:
What do you think?

Myth's best clothes ( obtained form Yeva Spiderkeeper, Malistaire, and Kraysis. ( not very sure on the spelling ) Total, they give a 500 Health boost, 40% Resist, 25% Damge, and 10% Accuracy. also the ring and athame from the Gurtoks in The Great Spyre ( last Dungeon of Dragonspyre ) give 15% Power Pip chance ( from each ) and a bunch of Health and Mana ( not sure exactly how much ) There you go!

-Steven DragonBlood, lvl 59 Conjurer

Defender
May 17, 2009
bravevline wrote:
chrone811 wrote:
What do you think?
Ya, talk about it orthrus and minotaur needs their damages put into one strong hit because you have to use double traps and it takes a really long time :((((((

Dude, the first hit is to remove shields, and the traps are carried on to the next attack. :D